Analysis 2020 North apparel

Remove this Banner Ad

because word order in Latin doesn't really matter, it's just used for emphasis. The word endings tell you everything about how the words interact with each other.
Yes. Conventionally the verb comes last because it's the most important word. "Curam" at the end in either the conventional or NM version emphasises that it's the care (attention to detail, preparation, dedication, whatever shade of meaning you choose) that is the most important thing. The next most significant position in the sentence is the start and if the main verb has been bumped from the end that's where it will usually end up. I honestly think someone at NM found the motto somewhere and decided to make it match English word order because they thought it looked weird. It doesn't really have any design benefits like making the banner more symmetrical or anything like that. As a result, it looks weird to the 0.00000001% of people who know this stuff.

DarkPhoenix mentioned in another thread a few years ago that he couldn't find "curam" or "amat" as real Latin words. They don't have their own dictionary entries, as they are inflected variations of the headwords "cura" and "amare".

Yes. Conventionally the verb comes last because it's the most important word. "Curam" at the end in either the conventional or NM version emphasises that it's the care (attention to detail, preparation, dedication, whatever shade of meaning you choose) that is the most important thing. The next most significant position in the sentence is the start and if the main verb has been bumped from the end that's where it will usually end up. I honestly think someone at NM found the motto somewhere and decided to make it match English word order because they thought it looked weird. It doesn't really have any design benefits like making the banner more symmetrical or anything like that. As a result, it looks weird to the 0.00000001% of people who know this stuff.

DarkPhoenix mentioned in another thread a few years ago that he couldn't find "curam" or "amat" as real Latin words. They don't have their own dictionary entries, as they are inflected variations of the headwords "cura" and "amare".

All this Latin talk us taking me all the way back to Form 1. Mind you I only ever did one year and all I can remember was some campaigner being in the culina all the ******* time. And the attrium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grumio est coquus. Grumio est in culina.

(My kids don’t use the Cambridge booklets any more so I don’t know what to do)

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

that's a bit like thinking "held" isn't a real word because you could only find hold

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would be nice if we had a "training" hoodie without a zip
I agree. I noticed that last year. They definitely dialed back the range.

2 years ago we had a hoodie, jacket, performance 3/4, thick jacket, trackies, polo, performance shirt, training singlet, plus the usual bits and bobs.

Bring back the hoodie and trackies. The shorts and hoodies are always the first to go so no idea why they don'tbring back the Canterbury trackies. I bought 4 one year because they were good for around the house and wearing out about as they were slim and neutral colour so passed as sporty.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

2 years ago we had a hoodie, jacket, performance 3/4, thick jacket, trackies, polo, performance shirt, training singlet, plus the usual bits and bobs.

Bring back the hoodie and trackies. The shorts and hoodies are always the first to go so no idea why they don'tbring back the Canterbury trackies. I bought 4 one year because they were good for around the house and wearing out about as they were slim and neutral colour so passed as sporty.
BA1A9016-470A-4880-B44F-412E8AA7EE9D.jpeg

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The 150th hoodie from last year is a personal favourite. i wear it everywhere. Feels much higher quality than the old NMFC hoodies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, that was disgusting. Even the club logo we had back then was terrible, much better these days.

North11

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2020 polos are the 2nd worst I’ve seen. 2016 was bad but I’d rather have a highlight of orange then a whole navy blue back. Has to be a joke.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was truly hideous. Everything that year made me feel like a dickhead that players indoor cricket on a Thursday night with 50-year-olds. That squiggly bullshit...

2017 was much much better. Better than 2019 too.

1574324661461.png

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
That was truly hideous. Everything that year made me feel like a dickhead that players indoor cricket on a Thursday night with 50-year-olds. That squiggly bullshit...

2017 was much much better. Better than 2019 too.

View attachment 782762
That was the best fit so far. I did like the 2019 design though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back