NRL 2020 NRL trial games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL have decided that the Australian National Anthem will not be played at this year's Indigenous All Stars game. Apparently a couple of players, including Latrell Mitchell decided that they would not stand for the Anthem.

You wonder what Latrell's attitude will be if he makes State of Origin or Souths make the Grand Final. Maybe the NRL will not play the National Anthem on those occasions either?

Australians all let us rejoice.

NRL have decided that the Australian National Anthem will not be played at this year's Indigenous All Stars game. Apparently a couple of players, including Latrell Mitchell decided that they would not stand for the Anthem.

You wonder what Latrell's attitude will be if he makes State of Origin or Souths make the Grand Final. Maybe the NRL will not play the National Anthem on those occasions either?

Australians all let us rejoice.
I'm not a big fan of our national anthem to start with but it still needs to be played at national events regardless. Boycotting by not standing is not the way to go about this. I think it does need tweeking to more reflect everyone but until that time I'm sorry but that's our anthem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back