NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bears waived/released WR Rodney Adams, WR Thomas Ives, WR Reggie Davis, RB Artavis Pierce, OL Sam Mustipher, OL Lachavious Simmons, OL Dieter Eiselen, OL Badara Traore, CB Stephen Denmark, S Xavier Crawford, DT Trevor McSwain, DE LaCale London, LB Rashad Smith, and LB Ledarius Mack
There aren't many surprises here, including Khalil Mack's brother Ledarius Mack.
RELATED:
SOURCE: chicagobears.com
Sep 5, 2020, 6:40 PM ET

Titans signed DL Jadeveon Clowney.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter
Sep 5, 2020, 6:53 PM ET
Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports it's a one-year, $12 million contract for the edge rusher. It's nowhere near premium money, so he'll have to earn a long-term contract with his play this season. The Titans edged out the Saints and Seahawks in their pitch to Clowney, who only had 3.0 sacks across 13 injury-filled games last season. When healthy, he's a force against the run and a quality pass rusher, too. The Titans are set up for another playoff push as long as Ryan Tannehill doesn't regress too much.

Bills signed CB Tre'Davious White to a four-year contract extension.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 5, 2020, 6:10 PM ET
Terms: (highest paid corner in the nfl now)

Bills signed CB Tre'Davious White to a four-year, $70 million contract extension.
White lands $55 million guaranteed and deservedly so. The $17.5 million average is the highest at the position. Only 25 years old, White finished second among qualifying corners in passer rating allowed in coverage last season as the Bills' shut down corner. He's one of the top corners already and is barely entering the prime of his career. White's presence on the outside allows the Bills to create pressure in the trenches. Expect White to compete for All-Pro honors in 2020 and beyond.

Blacky :(

49ers released WR Kevin White.
White was signed last week after the 49ers' receivers were dropping like flies. With Deebo Samuel (foot) returning earlier than expected, White's chances of making the team were slashed. Maybe he sticks around the practice squad.

Blacky :(

White was signed last week after the 49ers' receivers were dropping like flies. With Deebo Samuel (foot) returning earlier than expected, White's chances of making the team were slashed. Maybe he sticks around the practice squad.
Mate I saw he was on their squad the other day and I was tempted to pick him up off waivers 😅

Shocking news;

Cowboys placed LB Sean Lee (undisclosed) on injured reserve.
The move will become official on Sunday which allows Dallas to take Lee of injured reserve after three weeks. Lee's injury is undisclosed but he was diagnosed with a sports hernia early in training camp. At 34 years old, Lee is mostly used in a reserve role these days. However, he became a full-time player once again last year after MLB Leighton Vander Esch went down with a neck injury. Lee will likely return to a smaller role once he's healthy as Dallas will have Vander Esch back in the lineup to start the year.

Don't give up, Kev and Corey will come good. 👍
Expecting a late breakout for Corey a la Devante Parker.

But seriously I never liked Corey, it just got to a point where I thought he may be undervalued. I was wrong and he’s as s**t as I thought he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynn Bowden traded to Miami?

WTF they drafted him a few months ago?

Yea that was shocker, along with the Theo Riddick cut, it's great news for Josh Jacobs fantasy owners.

Yea that was shocker, along with the Theo Riddick cut, it's great news for Josh Jacobs fantasy owners.
Surely it’s buyer beware for Miami given they’re happy to send him away so early

Surely it’s buyer beware for Miami given they’re happy to send him away so early

Yea alarm bells are ringing. Desperate for an explosive pass catcher I guess behind stone hands Howard and Brieda

Is rotoworld malfunctioning?

Free agent Jadeveon Clowney tells Josina Anderson he has yet to make a decision on his new team.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Update;

Free agent Jadeveon Clowney tells Josina Anderson he has yet to make a decision on his new team.
It appeared that the Titans had won the newfound Clowney sweepstakes with a one-year, $12 million deal, but Clowney is evidently relishing in a bidding war between Tennessee and New Orleans after months of his market being at a standstill. The Titans still appear to be the favorites, but it would seem they are going to have to further sweeten their offer. This could still get done Saturday night.

It appeared that the Titans had won the newfound Clowney sweepstakes with a one-year, $12 million deal, but Clowney is evidently relishing in a bidding war between Tennessee and New Orleans after months of his market being at a standstill. The Titans still appear to be the favorites, but it would seem they are going to have to further sweeten their offer. This could still get done Saturday night.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Sep 5, 2020, 7:21 PM ET

He was never a RB so I place the majority of the blame with Mayock/the Raiders.

They took a guy who showed some promise as a slot WR who then had to play wildcat QB (poorly) because his QB got injured, and expected him to be an NFL standard RB.

He was never a RB so I place the majority of the blame with Mayock/the Raiders.

They took a guy who showed some promise as a slot WR who then had to play wildcat QB (poorly) because his QB got injured, and expected him to be an NFL standard RB.

Mayock's drafting has been questionable to say the least. Not to mention Damarious Randall. Apparently Mike rated him as the best DB in his draft year, couldn't even make the roster.

On Clowney, I'm not shocked that he's playing games. I'm also not shocked that $12m won't end up being the final amount - there's surely 31 other teams (maybe 30, minus the Texans) thinking "*, only $12m?" and putting in a late call.

I know White was wrecked by injuries, but the Bears' horrendous drafting of the last few years really does hide what an all-time bust this guy is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back