NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be very surprised if this CBA gets voted down by the players. The rank and file players have much to gain by things like increased min salaries, more roster spots, larger practice squad, etc. The superstars will vote no on principle but I think it'll pass.
Te pay rise for first contract players is significant

you could see why veterans who aren't on big contracts (not a big group) would vote no, as there's not much in it for them. The 10+ designation disappears and is replaced by 7+ - pay rise for a 10+ veteran on league minimum = $5000

Obviously not the topic of conversation atm. But I want to state on a neutral thread for future reference, that trading Cam Newton is the most ******ed move the Panthers can make.

Carry on.

and

I'll be paying attention to see who likes that post.

The most ******ed move the Panthers can make.

What's he done since the choke job in superbowl 50? Get injured and dress like a grandma. Too many missed games, i can't rely on him anymore.

He won't ever return to MVP form for an entire season. He will have us just in or out of the playoffs if healthy, stuck in the land of nothingness, the worst place a franchise can be.

Im fine with keeping him this year, but I hope (and am pretty sure) Tepper isn't dumb enough to sign him to a new multi year deal

quotemokc likes that post because he realises what a crap post it is. If Ryan retired or was "moved on", he'd take Newton at Atlanta without thought and laugh at the Panthers

Saints with a 108yo qb
Falcons with a 38yo qb
Bucs unsure with their qb postion.

But the Panthers with inherently one of the best qb in the comp, are going to trade him and pin the hopes on a guy straight out of college?

Derp.

quotemokc likes that post because he realises what a crap post it is. If Ryan retired or was "moved on", he'd take Newton at Atlanta without thought and laugh at the Panthers

Saints with a 108yo qb
Falcons with a 38yo qb
Bucs unsure with their qb postion.

But the Panthers with inherently one of the best qb in the comp, are going to trade him and pin the hopes on a guy straight out of college?

Derp.
No I wouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can be a fav player of yours Dodgy, I'm not saying you're wrong to have the feelings you do. But you're clearly thinking with your heart here.

Only Cams biggest fan bois can overlook the past 3 years evidence and on nothing but blind faith believe a running qb in his 30s coming off two major surgeries he will be anything close to 2015-16 form again.

That's not me beings hater, that's me just saying how it is. I dont want the highest paid player on our team being a major injury risk.

If by some miracle he gets us anywhere near a superbowl again, I'll apologise profusely.....but it won't happen.

He can be a fav player of yours Dodgy, I'm not saying you're wrong to have the feelings you do. But you're clearly thinking with your heart here.

Only Cams biggest fan bois can overlook the past 3 years evidence and on nothing but blind faith believe a running qb in his 30s coming off two major surgeries he will be anything close to 2015-16 form again.

That's not me beings hater, that's me just saying how it is. I dont want the highest paid player on our team being a major injury risk.

If by some miracle he gets us anywhere near a superbowl again, I'll apologise profusely.....but it won't happen.

My only reservation around what you're saying is that his cap hit is under $19m next season. If he's close to a franchise QB, or if there's a chance he could be a franchise QB again, that's a ******* bargain.

You ain't getting a franchise guy for less than $30m a year going forward unless you strike gold in the draft. For every Mahomes there's at least one Trubisky.

I think if I'm the Panthers, that all leads to me wanting to keep him.

My only reservation around what you're saying is that his cap hit is under $19m next season. If he's close to a franchise QB, or if there's a chance he could be a franchise QB again, that's a ******* bargain.

You ain't getting a franchise guy for less than $30m a year going forward unless you strike gold in the draft. For every Mahomes there's at least one Trubisky.

I think if I'm the Panthers, that all leads to me wanting to keep him.

I'm not saying we do Trade him, we could keep him this year like you say and let him walk next offseason if we can't get/aren't keen on any available qbs in this year's draft. I would trade him though while we have him under contract just because you're better getting something than nothing if you're not going to re-sign him.

Franchise QB or not, we dont have the roster to compete this year, let alone with a broken down in his 30s Cam Newton.

Yea, plus new coaches....Joe Brady/Cam Newton doesnt seem like a match made in heaven.

Imagine Joe drawing up these amazing pass plays and Cam throwing the ball 10 feet over wide open receivers like he did against the Bucs last season.

He and Rhule will say all the right things publicly but Cam doesn't fit in what Brady does.

Yea, plus new coaches....Joe Brady/Cam Newton doesnt seem like a match made in heaven.

Imagine Joe drawing up these amazing pass plays and Cam throwing the ball 10 feet over wide open receivers like he did against the Bucs last season.

He and Rhule will say all the right things publicly but Cam doesn't fit in what Brady does.
It’s Will Grier’s time to shine 😂

No you wouldn't, because you'd be dumb enough to speculate on the draft, or recruit Vinny Testaverde.

No offence cos Idgaf what LA thinks. More than likely would have to eat humble pie out next year if he stays with the Panthers
I would rather have Newton than spend a boat load of picks to trade up.

Then next year we would have the #1 pick to draft any QB we want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back