NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just make sure the players don't get paid.

Of course you're going to have a highly profitable company when your slaves are the attraction.
But if the football players got paid then all the sports that LOSE money would also be demanding they get paid.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said that WR DeAndre Hopkins wanted a raise and the Texans didn't want to do it.
O'Brien added that they felt Arizona was the best deal and said it was in the best interest of the team. Sheesh. Nuk was reportedly asking for a new deal that would pay him in the range of $18-20 million per year. It's unclear why the Texans felt the need to move Hopkins so quickly, as Deshaun Watson's inevitably-massive contract will likely be controlling the team's cap space as soon as 2021. It seems (incredibly) unlikely that O'Brien gets anything close to resembling Hopkins' production out of David Johnson.
SOURCE: Patrick on Twitter
Apr 3, 2020, 4:21 PM ET

You can keep trying to justify the trade but it's impossibly bad. Yes Tunsil and Watson are due big pay days, yes we need a RB, yes there's an abundance of WR talent in draft.

But gees this guy accounted for just under a third of our targets, a third of Watson's air yards. He made some contested catches other players can't make. Plus if you see pre season footage he trains his arse off and has a great positive attitude around the team, not a prima donna like a lot of elite WRs. And not even a first round draft pick from it. It's just a crazy deal from any angle.

You can keep trying to justify the trade but it's impossibly bad. Yes Tunsil and Watson are due big pay days, yes we need a RB, yes there's an abundance of WR talent in draft.

But gees this guy accounted for just under a third of our targets, a third of Watson's air yards. He made some contested catches other players can't make. Plus if you see pre season footage he trains his arse off and has a great positive attitude around the team, not a prima donna like a lot of elite WRs. And not even a first round draft pick from it. It's just a crazy deal from any angle.
Last point is also great...you need good leaders who will take the new guys under their wings and develop them, keep them in line etc

But if the football players got paid then all the sports that LOSE money would also be demanding they get paid.

Their sports don't provided multi billion dollar tv rights deals for their college....

Hopefully the xfl can flourish and start poaching high school talent away from colleges in the near future. Anyone who tries taking on the NFL will get crushed. A slice of the college football pie is very getttable tho.

How is everyone else going with these weekends? I'm bored absolutely shitless.

Having a hit of golf once a week the only giving me a sense of normality.

Think I might learn a language just coz there is nothing else to do ...Any recommendations? I know a little Japanese but not much else. Was thinking German or Portuguese.

Well that puts a smile on the face despite all thats going on and yet to occur in the near future....

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports President Donald Trump told NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that the NFL season should start on time.
The President created a conference call with the United States' major sports league commissioners to comment on the coronavirus and its impact on sports. The President not only believes that the NFL season should start on time but that Americans will be able to attend sporting events by August or September. It's unclear if experts agree with this forecast given we are months away from kick-off. So far, the NFL has stayed on schedule with free agency and the NFL Draft, although adjustments have been made in regards to in-person meetings.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Apr 4, 2020, 2:57 PM ET

Well that puts a smile on the face despite all thats going on and yet to occur in the near future....

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports President Donald Trump told NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that the NFL season should start on time.
The President created a conference call with the United States' major sports league commissioners to comment on the coronavirus and its impact on sports. The President not only believes that the NFL season should start on time but that Americans will be able to attend sporting events by August or September. It's unclear if experts agree with this forecast given we are months away from kick-off. So far, the NFL has stayed on schedule with free agency and the NFL Draft, although adjustments have been made in regards to in-person meetings.
Given he also said he wants America opened up by Easter like a week ago, I'm not sure what weight his comments on COVID-19 carry if they are not immediately backed up by experts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given he also said he wants America opened up by Easter like a week ago, I'm not sure what weight his comments on COVID-19 carry if they are not immediately backed up by experts
Trump wants this pandemic to end... imagine my shock.

surprised the dumb campaigner didnt say ill get this covid-19 stuff done by September if you let me buy a team.

Not that he has money to buy a team anyway. but he has always wanted one and thats why he helped the USFL because the NFL blocked him from buying a NFL team.

Think I might learn a language just coz there is nothing else to do ...Any recommendations? I know a little Japanese but not much else. Was thinking German or Portuguese.

Spanish is fairly easy to learn. There are rules. Can use it it many countries including U.S.

It was amazing that guy could kick that far with that non-soccer style...plus the fact he had no toes.
The fact he had no toes was an advantage when it came to that kicking style. A big flat surface area makes it easier to kick straight

It genuinely puzzles me when people say that stuff tho. Do they think Brady would've just gone to 9 Super Bowl's no matter what team he was on?

It was the perfect storm, he nor Belichick would've had near the success they did without each other. Doesn't make them any more or less of what they are.
Amazing to see how many have heel turned on him to saying it was all Bill now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back