NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing to see how many have heel turned on him to saying it was all Bill now
That year Billickeck with Cassel went 11-5 shows BB can make playoffs without Brady (tho ironically they missed the playoffs that year!), But with Brady they can always get the number 1 or 2 seed, and make a run all the way thru to the SB, and, win it

I think thats the correct answer. Belichick can without Brady have a winning record, but he probably only makes say three SBs and maybe only wins one or two. And same for Brady on another team, maybe only makes three and wins one or two. But together they did what they did

NFL.com's Judy Battista reports pass interference replay almost certainly will not be extended.
The league is also reportedly in discussions of potentially enabling a "Sky judge" feature. The Competition Committee continues to discuss rules ahead of their still-on-schedule meeting at the end of May, which is when a vote will take place. Replay for pass interference was put into place after an egregious no-call on Rams CB Nickell Robey-Coleman arguably cost the Saints a berth in the Super Bowl during the 2018-2019 NFC Championship. The idea wasn't terrible, but the NFL's referees made the issue an even bigger mess than before by hardly ever changing the call on the field. If they aren't going to change the original call, it probably makes sense to revert back to the original system.
SOURCE: Judy Battista on Twitter
Apr 6, 2020, 12:18 PM ET

Panthers GM Marty Hurney said "obviously we've had internal discussions" with Christian McCaffrey's agent about an extension.
McCaffrey has the final year of his rookie deal coming this season, but the Panthers are 100% going to exercise his fifth-year team option for 2021 next month without a doubt. As a former top-10 pick, that would be worth the value of the transition tag for running backs. Kenyan Drake's transition tag with Arizona was worth over $8 million. The smart move by Carolina would be to have McCaffrey play out this year and avoid a Todd Gurley-type situation by extending him too soon only to regret it. McCaffrey is a bit different, though, as he doesn't have an injury history and is exponentially more valuable in the receiving game. Any extension would likely make McCaffrey the highest-paid running back in the league.
SOURCE: Steve Reed on Twitter
Apr 6, 2020, 2:03 PM ET

Panthers GM Marty Hurney said "obviously we've had internal discussions" with Christian McCaffrey's agent about an extension.
McCaffrey has the final year of his rookie deal coming this season, but the Panthers are 100% going to exercise his fifth-year team option for 2021 next month without a doubt. As a former top-10 pick, that would be worth the value of the transition tag for running backs. Kenyan Drake's transition tag with Arizona was worth over $8 million. The smart move by Carolina would be to have McCaffrey play out this year and avoid a Todd Gurley-type situation by extending him too soon only to regret it. McCaffrey is a bit different, though, as he doesn't have an injury history and is exponentially more valuable in the receiving game. Any extension would likely make McCaffrey the highest-paid running back in the league.
SOURCE: Steve Reed on Twitter
Apr 6, 2020, 2:03 PM ET

EU7tRmfUcAEzPIT

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports HBO's "Hard Knocks" will feature both the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers.
NFL Films is planning for the show go on, assuming training camp does. With both Los Angeles based teams scheduled to move into and share the new SoFi Stadium this upcoming season, it only makes sense for the company to plant cameras and highlight both. The Rams are no strangers to the series, being featured as recently as 2016 with moments such as William Hayes' belief that mermaids exist (and dinosaurs, according to Hayes, are a hoax) and Tavon Austin inking his four-year, $42 million extension.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Apr 7, 2020, 8:10 AM ET

Doubts on season starting on time grow

The N.F.L.’s chief medical officer, Dr. Allen Sills, was more definitive.

“As long as we’re still in a place where when a single individual tests positive for the virus that you have to quarantine every single person who was in contact with them in any shape, form or fashion, then I don’t think you can begin to think about reopening a team sport,” Sills told NFL.com last week. “Because we’re going to have positive cases for a very long time.”

Mathieu named as db in the team of the decade? Gtfo here

Re the above....are me and LA on an island here? Did anyone else find this surprising?

Talib being overlooked for Patterson and Mathieu in particular is ridiculous.

Hell, I'd take the 3 years of Jamal Adams this decade over Mathieu's career if you want a versatile superstar safety. Seems as though he gets a s**t tone more love than he should off the media. I'm not saying he's a terrible player or anything, just feel he is overrated by the majority.

Re the above....are me and LA on an island here? Did anyone else find this surprising?

Hell, I'd take the 3 years of Jamal Adams this decade over Mathieu's career if you want a versatile superstar safety. Seems as though he gets a s**t tone more love than he should off the media. I'm not saying he's a terrible player or anything, just feel he is overrated by the majority.
Talib over Mathieu is what I was thinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talib over Mathieu is what I was thinking

And if not Talib then Minkah Fitzpatrick

Talib should be a starting db over Patterson, he was better for longer without the use of P.E.D's

No, there are plenty of people that were surprised that Mathieu made it

Assuming you mean Patrick Peterson and not Cordarelle Patterson, I don't think it is ridiculous that he made the team over Talib. Pat Pete is held in the highest regards by current and former NFL players - he just doesnt have the same profile because he's been stuck in the desert for his whole career

Speaking in a Tuesday television interview, unsigned franchise player Yannick Ngakoue reiterated his desire to move on from the Jaguars.
"Everything happens for a reason, and not everything lasts forever," Ngakoue said. "Things come to an end, and it's time for me to move on to the next chapter of my career. And I'm forever thankful for what Jacksonville has brought to me and my family, but it's time to move on." The Jags have reportedly set the asking price at a "first-round pick and more," but Ngakoue's public stance could make that sort of haul difficult. The Jags should be able to secure a first-rounder, but it's possible the sweeteners will be little more than day-three picks.
SOURCE: NFL.com
Apr 7, 2020, 3:46 PM ET

Speaking Tuesday, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury confirmed the team's acquisition of DeAndre Hopkins is not yet official because he's yet to pass a physical.
"Those (moves) aren't official as far as I know at this point, but we'll get it done," Kingsbury insisted. "There is obviously the medical (part) and medical personnel have much bigger fish to fry at this point, so it's been slower than it would be, but I have no doubts it will be done before the draft." The sides have 16 days to get it done. Only something major and unforeseen could derail the deal at this point. The concern is obviously more on David Johnson's end that Nuk's.

RELATED:
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Apr 7, 2020, 2:07 PM ET

Harrison Smith > Kam imo.

It seems like you're giving a lot of weight to SB rings...

If I was I would be singing Mathieu's praises a bit higher than I have been

Peterson has been only average for the past few seasons, along with the PED suspension I just don't see how he should be ahead of Talib who has been a gun up until this past season.

I havent seen a safety wreck a game like Kam did against us in the playoffs in 2014 in Seattle. Returning pick six's 90 yards, jumping the LOS clean to block fgs...Just extraordinary. Kam was something else. Think that's why I like Adams so much too, hes got a lot of game wrecker Kam in him.

Last edited:
See imadodgyumpire , he's loves us....I told you he did. Its all coming up dynasties after releasing Newton. Jump back aboard some time soon, we miss you xoxo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back