NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

See imadodgyumpire , he's loves us....I told you he did. Its all coming up dynasties after releasing Newton. Jump back aboard some time soon, we miss you xoxo

No.. I said Carolina was an upcoming dynasty. Don't give anyone else credit for my calls especially one as good as that

Imagine if they got Lawrence next year...

Tepper/Rhule/Lawrence.... Jeeze watch out

I'm not joking btw, they're gonna make a mess of the NFC South once Brady/Brees/Ryan retire and those teams hit rebuild
Yeah good thought process, but Brady is gonna play thru till hes 50 and win another six super bowls.

Our Brady is better than their Brady anyway.

I'm thinking Brady or Walker for my avatar if this season actually gets underway at some point.

Offense is going to be pretty decent this year I feel, defense will more than likely be a dumpster fire though. We will pretty much be the Bucs of the previous few years from a team ranking on offensive and defensive numbers standpoint.

I'm thinking Brady or Walker for my avatar if this season actually gets underway at some point.

Offense is going to be pretty decent this year I feel, defense will more than likely be a dumpster fire though. We will pretty much be the Bucs of the previous few years from a team ranking on offensive and defensive numbers standpoint.
Yep! Excited to see what the offense looks like for sure! O-Line will have its struggles, hopefully Ian Thomas can develop also. Defensively, agree. Although getting KK Short back will be huge. But we just have so many holes to fill, it'll be a rough year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over The Cap estimates the $21.8 million in dead money the Rams are eating in the Brandin Cooks trade is a new record.

Todd Gurley's cap charge also exceeded $20 million following his release, leaving behind two staggering phantom numbers on the Rams' books. Profootballtalk estimates the Rams paid Cooks $40.4 million over the past two years. It was a flatly awful investment for Los Angeles. Staggered by a spate of concussions, Cooks had a career-worst 2019, but teaming up with Deshaun Watson in Houston could have him quickly back on the up and up.

Related:

Source: Over The Cap on Twitter

Apr 9, 2020, 9:51 PM ET

Todd Gurley's Falcons contract became official on Thursday.

Just two days GM Thomas Dimitroff made it sound like it could be a while before Gurley officially passed his physical, but the sides have worked something out in the past 48 hours. It's unclear if that involves a physical or merely an understanding between the two sides. Gurley can now more aggressively pursue the $5.05 million the Rams have been withholding from him. The Rams seemed to be waiting until Gurley officially signed due to a clause with his offset language, but the amount he was owed was always going to be the same.

Source: Todd Gurley on Twitter

Apr 9, 2020, 9:42 PM ET

Rams not only gave cooks far too big of a contract they also gave up a first in the trade when he was coming off his rookie deal from to pats to get him.

Probably the worst of Sneads moves, and there's been plenty.

The NFL's Competition Committee submitted their 2020 rules change proposals that clubs will consider at upcoming league meetings.
The proposals include: Expand defenseless player protection to a kickoff or punt returner, prevent teams from manipulating the game block by committing multiple dead-ball fouls while the clock is running, modify the blindside block rule, expand automatic replay review to include instances that were negated by a penalty, new onside kick alternative, restore overtime to 15 minutes and minimize impact of coin toss, provide new option for defense to start game clock earlier after declining a penalty, add a booth umpire as an eighth official, and add a senior technology adviser to help assist the crew. The alternative to the onside kick is the most-intriguing potential change, as it, "would allow a team who is trailing in the game an opportunity to maintain possession of the ball after scoring (4th and 15 from the kicking team's 25-yard line)."
SOURCE: NFL Football Operations on Twitter
Apr 10, 2020, 1:40 PM ET

Things Josh is good at: hitting targets that he has a clear line of sight to, which require no air under the ball. This shows off his arm strength very well and is why he's actually good in the intermediate range

Things Josh is bad at: the other stuff.

The New York Posts' Andrew Marchand reports Saints QB Drew Brees has chosen to sign with NBC Sports over ESPN.
The contract will begin after Brees retires from the Saints. Brees is initially expected to start as a game analyst on Notre Dame football and as a studio analyst for "Football Night in America." He's expected to be groomed as the potential replacement for Cris Collinsworth on "Sunday Night Football." NBC Sports spokesman Greg Hughes said, "Like all NFL fans, we look forward to watching Drew continue his Hall of Fame career this fall, and we are confident his post-playing career will be just as successful."
SOURCE: Andrew Marchand on Twitter
Apr 10, 2020, 3:19 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back