NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Caption says that is him kneeling before the anthem...
Yeah. So three years ago he had the same views he displayed last week. He now apologised because he has spoken to players and others in what must have been last day or so. Yet didn’t seem to bother to educate himself in the last 3 years about when it would’ve clearly had an impact on majority of his fellow colleagues.

At the same time I agree with Charles Barkley in that criticism has gone too far on social media.

Always love watching break downs of Jamal Adams, the guy is unbelievable honestly, I can't think of anyone in my time watching the NFL who can do as much as he can at strong safety.

He 100% deserves to easily be the highest paid safety in the NFL. No one comes close.

From the pff top 50:

"If you set the sample-size low enough, Jamal Adams has a top-10 PFF pass-rushing grade in the entire league over the past two seasons"

Unbelievable. His get off when rushing the passer is amazing, I'm shocked that he grades top 10 but at the same time not.

And buy into the narrative that all strong safeties are created equal and shouldn't be paid big money, when they have an absolute freak of nature in reality.

IDK if they are 'keen' to trade him, but they have apparently been open to discussions when approached by other teams (most notably the Cowboys).

Either way, its not a great way to build a culture to mess around one of the main leaders of your team, especially when it appears that there aren't many others around who are stepping up to help/fill a void left by Adams

I love Adams he's my favourite Jet at the moment. But I can understand the Jets position - he is still under a rookie contract and Jets have a 5th year option in 2021. They then have the option to franchise tag him in 2022 so there's no rush from their end when he won't go anywhere for the time being unless they want him to. Also while a great defensive player he plays a position that is not typically one of the highest paid positions in the team.

I hope he stays at the Jets but I can see why they aren't going to sell the farm to keep him at this stage especially as they know they'll get a decent return for him if he is traded out

I would have traded Adams to the Cowboys at the last trade deadline. I know the butterfly effect would apply, but Becton and Lamb would have been very useful to Darnold. May not have taken Mims in the second round, but I do believe that Darnold has the potential to be quarterback who can take the Jets to the playoffs and success in them and the Jets should be doing all they can to support him.

Adams might be a very good player but he doesn't influence the outcome of games like a quarterback can.

I also believe that Adams has a too high opinion of his worth to the Jets and will demand more than what he should be paid.

If Adams is so good why are the Jets so keen on trading him?

I don't think Douglas is keen on trading him but he will listen to offers and if he feels the offer is too good to refuse, he will accept the deal. It all depends on what his wage demands will be.

I would have traded Adams to the Cowboys at the last trade deadline. I know the butterfly effect would apply, but Becton and Lamb would have been very useful to Darnold. May not have taken Mims in the second round, but I do believe that Darnold has the potential to be quarterback who can take the Jets to the playoffs and success in them and the Jets should be doing all they can to support him.

Adams might be a very good player but he doesn't influence the outcome of games like a quarterback can.

I also believe that Adams has a too high opinion of his worth to the Jets and will demand more than what he should be paid.
Two things.
1) Why do you seem to think its an either-or situation? Its not like there are all these other great players on the roster taking up cap space
2) Bad teams have to overpay to have good players on their 2nd/3rd contracts, and the Jets are a bad team.

Jets have been a basket case for ages and have lacked big names for too long. Just have to say guys like Darnold and Adams are what we build around ffs
Agree. A SB winning team isnt made of just a wb and a wr (wrs dont even matter that much). You need playmakers on O and D. The spine. C QB RB S MLB DT. A team should endeavor to hold onto guys they drafted that turned out to be studs and potential HoFers or long-running All-Pros. Cant see how it hurts the Jets to have a Captain on D like Adams, locked up and paid up for 10 years. While they build around him. And same with Darnold, locking him up and adding pieces around him. Dont have to completely fill up every position, but a spine of sorts, or key playmakers (LT, DE, RB, SS, MLB, WR) and have decent vets and players knowledgeable with the coaches schemes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess LA will be finding a new team soon? (that's Drew Lock in the first picture, and Lock and Courtland Sutton in the 4th)

It's says tweet unavailable to me, what was it?

Re the JA conversation;
Adams is HOF talent, this strong safety isnt an important position watering down has to stop, in today's NFL it most certainly is given how involved TEs and RBs are in the passing game.

It would just be so Jets to trade a defensive cornerstone. He's modem day Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher.

Re the JA conversation;
Adams is HOF talent, this strong safety isnt an important position watering down has to stop, in today's NFL it most certainly is given how involved TEs and RBs are in the passing game.

It would just be so Jets to trade a defensive cornerstone. He's modem day Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher.

But why is there pressure to re-sign him now? He's under contract for at least 2 more years. The risk is all on the Jets if things go pear shaped if they give him an extension/payday now

The NFL issued protocols to clubs laying out plans for players' return to club facilities.
The measures include physical distancing, facility cleaning and disinfecting, equipment cleaning and more. Every locker must be six-feet apart. Strength and conditioning workouts must be limited to small groups of no more than 15 players. Meeting must be conducted virtually "to the extent possible." Makes sense. The NFL is seemingly fully moving forward with every intention of starting the 2020 season on time.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Jun 8, 2020, 11:31 AM ET

SI.com's Albert Breer reports the NFL "has floated the idea" of starting training camps as soon as Mid-July.
The move is, "to give players a chance to get back in football shape after an offseason of virtual work." Naturally this would likely include a number of restrictions and rules in order to mitigate COVID-19 risk as much as possible. Currently the new CBA says teams can report 47 days before their first regular season game, which is July 28 for the majority of the NFL.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
Jun 8, 2020, 11:17 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back