NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets

"For the next 100 years"

Gee I sure hope the people of the future don't look poorly upon us simple 21st century folk for appropriating animal names. (assuming they go with Red Wolves etc)

"For the next 100 years"

Gee I sure hope the people of the future don't look poorly upon us simple 21st century folk for appropriating animal names. (assuming they go with Red Wolves etc)

Red Wolves is the stupid s**t I've ever heard, I agree with you there.

Red Wolves see an actual thing so I dont think it's that bad

Would best best to try and maintain the current uniform as much as possible

You can still create a logo for a wolf around the same colours. It's no massive deal.

Washington Wolves possibly sounds worse than Warriors

The Washington Tribe would have been my choice after seeing some of the names the squatter bloke came up with.

He had quite a few good ones in there to be fair, even some of the historic names and parliamentary names were good.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
fe31ef100192235.Y3JvcCwxMDIyLDgwMCw4OCww.jpg

Really like those designs, uni especially looks cool, love the helmet. Might be a bit too far out there for the likes of Syder though as it would probably be a winner!

So tryhard imo, over the top appeasing of the black community.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
So tryhard imo, over the top appeasing of the black community.
I don't hate the name, but I do agree that it does come across as pandering (in part to the Black community, but probably even more to the outrage brigade), especially when you find out that the Redtails were based in Alabama and therefore have basically zero connection to Washington.

If the Redtails were based in the DMV area (Delaware, Maryland, Viriginia - the 3 states that surround Washington DC) then it would have a lot more validity in my eyes.

I don't hate the name, but I do agree that it does come across as pandering (in part to the Black community, but probably even more to the outrage brigade), especially when you find out that the Redtails were based in Alabama and therefore have basically zero connection to Washington.

If the Redtails were based in the DMV area (Delaware, Maryland, Viriginia - the 3 states that surround Washington DC) then it would have a lot more validity in my eyes.

It's a massive cringe, reminds me of the time when Cam got in trouble for his sexiest comments and the next week he was wearing some badge honouring some women who did something in some war at his press confernce and he made sure everyone noticed it. :$

Back