NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

talk about lying...its obvious AB is pretending remorse etc just to try to win over goodell etc so he is allowed back to the NFL gravy train.

Of course, dumbass should have "lied" sooner.

Agree the body language, particularly the eye contact, well the look away disengaging eye contact actually, was a real give away that he was talking s**t.

Timing of the allegation is also very suss , lost some respect for him, the way he has handled this interview, sure we all make mistakes BUT he appears to be spinning a yarn to vindicate his actions.

Comes across as a real tosser in that interview, his only genuine remorse is for the fact that he got suspended, not that his actions were inappropriate and unbecoming of the spirit of the game.

Yep...wait until reinstatement and then use the highly emotive race card afterwards. Playing the race card during his suspension would have forced the league into further investigation and Garrett may have found himself in even more hot water had the allegations proven totally false.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep...wait until reinstatement and then use the highly emotive race card afterwards. Playing the race card during his suspension would have forced the league into further investigation and Garrett may have found himself in even more hot water had the allegations proven totally false.
at the time of the incident he said it happened. not a new allegation..

NFL Star Player with Attitude: Play for millions,
at the time of the incident he said it happened. not a new allegation..

I know he claimed it at the time but was not looked into seriously.....and it was crickets on the allegation until reinstatement.

Seems odd that it was claimed at the time, doesn't pursue and then makes issue of it again now.

i genuinely believe him. Hes claimed it from the start, and forced the nfl to find audio. and hes kept up the claim, and added that the nfl bs'ed about no audio as espn had audio there.

its only just now that rudolph has responded.
Trying to hide a low act. Interesting no teammate has backed his story considering close proximity at the time.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
i genuinely believe him. Hes claimed it from the start, and forced the nfl to find audio. and hes kept up the claim, and added that the nfl bs'ed about no audio as espn had audio there.
You only need to listen to various "SoundFX" or "Wired" videos to know how useless those player mics are unless its on the player speaking - so unless Garrett or Rudolph were wearing one, there would be no useful audio

its only just now that rudolph has responded.
No its not

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Lions have spoken to "multiple teams" about a potential trade for CB Darius Slay.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 17, 2020, 1:24 PM ET
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Lions have spoken to "multiple teams" about a potential trade for CB Darius Slay.
Detroit previously shopped Slay during October's trade deadline but was on record of seeking compensation similar to what the Rams gave up for CB Jalen Ramsey (two first-round picks and a subsequent fourth). The 29-year-old All-Pro has since made his contract demands known, looking to reset the market and eclipse Xavien Howard's position-high $15.1 million annually in 2020. The Eagles and Broncos were both in on Slay at the deadline despite Detroit's outlandish request, making it more than feasible a deal is eventually completed if either agree to Slay's raise upon landing him. Look for the Lions to address that position with the No. 3 overall pick in April's draft.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 17, 2020, 1:24 PM ET

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Detroit previously shopped Slay during October's trade deadline but was on record of seeking compensation similar to what the Rams gave up for CB Jalen Ramsey (two first-round picks and a subsequent fourth).
They are delusional if they think someone will give up multiple firsts for a 29yo who by definition has already passed his athletic peak. Most teams balked at that price for a 25yo

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
They are delusional if they think someone will give up multiple firsts for a 29yo who by definition has already passed his athletic peak. Most teams balked at that price for a 25yo
Teams balked last October, when they shopped him. So maybe this time theyll come back to reality when they shop him again. The money cap hit is always a good coercer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford

Jesus. just hang them up dude.

It doesnt feel like that long ago he was close to the 2nd best TE in the league. but injuries and concussions have just been keeping him off the field.

He needs to retire for his family and health.

Jesus. just hang them up dude.

It doesnt feel like that long ago he was close to the 2nd best TE in the league. but injuries and concussions have just been keeping him off the field.

He needs to retire for his family and health.

It's always a tough thing to judge as you don't know the personal situation off field, perhaps he spent all his money like a reckless teenager or invested in some failed projects. I say this cause I agree, but there some sort of situation in his personal life that is stopping him from retiring.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
That worrisome for the Vikings, Thielen got injured an awful lot last year. Early draft pick on WR incoming
I would be shocked if they traded him. Even with his personalty issues that show up at times, he is still worth the hassle.

As a divisional rival i would like to see him not go for 350-400yds a season on my D.

I would be shocked if they traded him. Even with his personalty issues that show up at times, he is still worth the hassle.

As a divisional rival i would like to see him not go for 350-400yds a season on my D.

From what I recall they are up against it in terms of the cap this offseason aren't they? It perhaps makes some sense to trade him in a deep @ WR draft class.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
From what I recall they are up against it in terms of the cap this offseason aren't they? It perhaps makes some sense to trade him in a deep @ WR draft class.
about 12M over the cap. but expect them to cut some of the CB's like Rhodes and draft kids there.

could get almost even by cutting Griffin but that might be dumb since he is one of the best players on the team unless they cut him and sign him at a lower rate.

a cut/trade of Diggs saves 5M but causes 9 in dead money

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Impending free agent CB Chris Harris believes the Broncos are willing to let him test the open market.
"I think that’s the direction right now," Harris said in an interview with The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala. "I think everybody deserves to see what they’re worth, and I deserve it at this point. I think I worked my tail off for nine years, I gave the city every ounce of effort that I could give and, shoot, it’s time to see what everybody else thinks about me." The 30-year-old also said he and his agent haven't been contacted since Denver's former director of football administration Mike Sullivan was let go nearly a month ago. The Lions were reportedly the only team to make an offer for the All-Pro at last year's trade deadline, so it's possible he lands there if Darius Slay is eventually traded. Reminder Harris turned down a new deal worth $25 million over two years prior to October's deadline.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Feb 18, 2020, 9:16 AM ET

Two questions..

Does anyone expect the Pats to bring Sanu back this year?

Has there ever been trade rape as big as that one over the past 10 years?

That second round pick sure would be handy when looking for a WR in this draft class/ doesn't matter cause BB can't draft WRs to save himself anyway.... 😙

Remove this Banner Ad

Back