Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want to know what Shaw was thinking when he thought putting Polec on Cripps would be a good idea, getting your wingman to tag one of the best inside mids going around who’s basically KPP height
Yeh I know this story.

Shaw told him that was his plan, to get him to tag Cripps. Polec didn’t really react at that point & walked away from the conversation to head back to his accommodation.

On his way he saw Jasper Pittard & started bagging the s**t out of Shaw, calling him the worst coach he’d played under etc etc with quite a few expletives.

Unfortunately he had no idea it was all within earshot of Shaw who was just around the corner who was obviously not overly impressed with the backstabbing rant.

Exactly! There's a rising star on tonight! And the supercars got a new foxtel deal. And the whole world is being ravaged by a pandemic!
What's a pan demic? Is that some new deglazing technique from Master Chef?

i just want to know what Shaw was thinking when he thought putting Polec on Cripps would be a good idea, getting your wingman to tag one of the best inside mids going around who’s basically KPP height

Trying to get him killed while simultaneously not having to play him or get grilled by the media about it I’d say

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

We got a live on here.
*surreptitiously starts loosening his brick holster*
Have you got the ankle holster, the special forces leg holster, or the Dirty Harry shoulder holster??

And how many rounds does your brick hold??

If that’s true , Shaw’s either looking incredibly incompetent(If isn’t already) or maybe just plain petty,
(reports were that Polec didn’t follow instructions so maybe it was deliberate move by Shaw to further expose the issue?

Is it weird that I would love to see Brisbane go out in straight sets and it honestly has nothing to do with Neale playing for them?
Not at all, in fact, I feel exactly the same way!

Maybe Shaw wanted to get destroyed in clearances while also stiffling their outside run should those opposition clearances not result in a score against?
Is definitely up there with some of the best tanking moves employed by coaches yet if that was the case and is hard to fathom that Shaw wouldn’t have an alterior motive to it considering just how stupid move it was but I’m not sure north needed to tank -theyre just genuinely hopeless

Is it weird that I would love to see Brisbane go out in straight sets again and it honestly has nothing to do with Neale playing for them?
Think it is the over the top hype... but that could be Freo in the not to distant future so I'm trying to push through that feeling with Brissy :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't get the love in unless we play "attractive footy".

In fairness, half of that comes down to branding more so than the style of game we actually play. At the moment, whilst not scoring prolifically, we have a decent brand because of the Longmuir story, playing kids in important roles and playing less congested footy even if we are still highly defensive. We also gained a lot of sympathy for outsting Lyon so just making Finals again post-Lyon would get a lot of positive press.

If we became a completed congestive mess again then the blowtorch may be applied. Ultimately though if we win it's going to be way more enjoyable for us anyway regardless of media narrative. It just makes the weeks leading in a little nicer is all...

If that’s true , Shaw’s either looking incredibly incompetent(If isn’t already) or maybe just plain petty,
(reports were that Polec didn’t follow instructions so maybe it was deliberate move by Shaw to further expose the issue?

I think that's giving him far too much credit. He's just a s**t coach.

99% of the time where conspiracy is suspected, the answer lies in incompetence

Their entire midfield was playing without due care for their opponent, I don't see why Polec is singled out for that.

Run hard to position, don't get used, team mate turns it over, your man is free in the corridor because he didn't chase you, he gets used and the coaches box blasts you.

Quality.

He doesn't chase much.

99% of the time where conspiracy is suspected, the answer lies in incompetence

A great quote that should be in Facebook’s subheading.

Said Months before that North was in a worse situation than Adelaide. Shaw was brought in under the pretence that he didn’t think North needed a rebuild. Now they’re gonna have a season like Adelaide’s next year. Shaw’s incompetent.

A great quote that should be in Facebook’s subheading.

Said Months before that North was in a worse situation than Adelaide. Shaw was brought in under the pretence that he didn’t think North needed a rebuild. Now they’re gonna have a season like Adelaide’s next year. Shaw’s incompetent.
It's obviously early days and he may turn it around but Shaw comes off as one of those people that thinks working real hard is all you need. Well, you definitely need that and the harder the better but you also have to have talent to set yourself apart from the other hard workers when you get to the elite in anything.

Don't know if he isn't smart enough and/or experienced enough but seems completely out of his depth tactically so far.

well your chance of playing for North under Shaw just decreased considerably :moustache:

Unless you’re Connor Blakely. You have nowhere else to play and there’s a club that needs some experience.

I reiterate. Blakely and 27 for 25 (24?) and 57. 😊

Equals pick 51 (fair for what he would offer them) and 250 points to us. Winner.

(Sorry wrong thread but also relevant here).

That is so dumb. That's like asking Langdon to tag him.

What a ******* idiot Shaw is.

North have really shat the bed with his appointment.

I see it a little bit differently.

The coach gives you a role, you do it to the best of your ability. If the move doesn't work, it's on the coaches head.

It's called playing for the team, versus playing for yourself.

I wonder if Schultz & Crowden would have bagged the coach over asking them to do the job ?. I reckon all you'd hear is "woof, woof, woof, let me at em".

Never heard Luke Ryan say, "JLo - now Pearce & Hammer have headed to the medical room, I want you to take on Tommy Hawkins ...............…. oh get stuffed, you're a bloody fruit cake, I'm not playing on that tub ".

I see it a little bit differently.

The coach gives you a role, you do it to the best of your ability. If the move doesn't work, it's on the coaches head.

It's called playing for the team, versus playing for yourself.

I wonder if Schultz & Crowden would have bagged the coach over asking them to do the job ?. I reckon all you'd hear is "woof, woof, woof, let me at em".

Never heard Luke Ryan say, "JLo - now Pearce & Hammer have headed to the medical room, I want you to take on Tommy Hawkins ...............…. oh get stuffed, you're a bloody fruit cake, I'm not playing on that tub ".

Huge difference. He is an experienced senior player with a particular set of skills as an outside player used for distribution.

He's not Caleb Serong being told to go head to head with Dangerfield.

He's a wingman being asked to go against one of the best contested players in the comp. I'd be pissed off too.

Huge difference. He is an experienced senior player with a particular set of skills as an outside player used for distribution.

He's not Caleb Serong being told to go head to head with Dangerfield.

He's a wingman being asked to go against one of the best contested players in the comp. I'd be pissed off too.
Yeah I agree with this. AFL clubs aren't the military. Perhaps he did it in the wrong way but I absolutely think he has valid claims to bring up something that bizarre, especially to a rookie coach.

I mean, he could do it and dominate, but if JL asked Mitch to ruck you'd at least expect the idea to raise eyebrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back