Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant even before this season. They would call off the monitor whilst in the commentary box.
They have been doing it all year, you're right.

This is why when they are calling a kick at goal they sound like they can't see where the ball is, "juuuuuuuuuust sliddddiiiiiiiinnng" for a kick that almost missed everything

He will be better next season. So much of the game is in your head, settled preparation and a stable home life lead to better results.

Our players have had quite serious drops in form while dealing with relationship issues, debt issues, gambling issues etc.

Tim Kelly will be much better next season as long as he can base his family in one place and settle into a routine.

Lachie Neale’s missus?

I thought so. I’m sure now that he’s getting paid $900k a year he could have asked if she’d like him to buy her a dress, instead of her rocking up in just some undies and fly wire. Seems money doesn’t buy taste. 😣

Although as a modern couple, maybe they have separate bank accounts and more power to them.

Still undies and fly screen...Remember how Rebecca Twiglet’s dress caused a ruckus 15 years ago. That was positively trackie dacks and a hoodie compared to that.

Why do the women have to go all out to shock and be the talking point, while the guys rock up in suits?

Last edited:
I thought so. I’m sure now that he’s getting paid $900k a year he could have asked if she’d like him to buy her a dress, instead of her rocking up in just some undies and fly wire. Seems money doesn’t buy taste. 😣

Although as a modern couple, maybe they have separate bank accounts and more power to them.

Still undies and fly screen...Remember how Rebecca Twiglet’s dress caused a ruckus 15 years ago. That was positively trackie dacks and a hoodie compared to that.

Why do the women have to go all out to shock and be the talking point, while the guys rock up in suits?
I'm not so sure she paid any of the $7,000 that dress cost.

She couldn't even properly dye her black roots either! Get it together Jules!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She is a mad keen Freo supporter. I'm sure you have your reasons (I suspect because you think you are criticising Lachie by association) but I'm not really into shaming women for what they wear personally. I thought we were evolving beyond that.

She is a mad keen Freo supporter. I'm sure you have your reasons (I suspect because you think you are criticising Lachie by association) but I'm not really into shaming women for what they wear personally. I thought we were evolving beyond that.

Lol

You can not shame, but still think the dress is fugly. She can wear whatever she want, but s**t damn she chose badly. If she feels happy, and sexy, and comfortable in that dress, more power to her. It’s still a gross dress that’s just granny undies and a bit of mesh. I’m allowed to not like it and wonder what the hell she was thinking.
I also mentioned that it sucks that the women are expected to go all out, while the blokes just rock up in a suit. That’s not fair, and causes the gross imbalance where the women are forced into trying to outdo each other because of societal expectations.
Still a fugly dress.

And Lachie should have no say whatsoever over what she wears, it’s not his business. I suggested he could have offered to buy her an actual dress (tongue in cheek), didn’t have any clue it was $7000 😱.

I’m over my annoyance at him now. He’s gone, we’re doing fine, he can say what he wants (although I admit I was secretly very happy with his comments on SEN about Freo ☺).

Edit: if she’s still a Freo supporter- yay for her! Dress is still fugly.

Last edited:

You can not shame, but still think the dress is fugly. She can wear whatever she want, but sh*t damn she chose badly. If she feels happy, and sexy, and comfortable in that dress, more power to her. It’s still a gross dress that’s just granny undies and a bit of mesh. I’m allowed to not like it and wonder what the hell she was thinking.
I also mentioned that it sucks that the women are expected to go all out, while the blokes just rock up in a suit. That’s not fair, and causes the gross imbalance where the women are forced into trying to outdo each other because of societal expectations.
Still a fugly dress.

And Lachie should have no say whatsoever over what she wears, it’s not his business. I suggested he could have offered to buy her an actual dress (tongue in cheek), didn’t have any clue it was $7000 😱.

I’m over my annoyance at him now. He’s gone, we’re doing fine, he can say what he wants (although I admit I was secretly very happy with his comments on SEN about Freo ☺).

Edit: if she’s still a Freo supporter- yay for her! Dress is still fugly.

Since having a daughter I have become more conscious of women's body issues and what I've noticed is that it's always women criticising women for what they wear and how they look and the women criticizing couldn't pull off the dress in the first place.

Since having a daughter I have become more conscious of women's body issues and what I've noticed is that it's always women criticising women for what they wear and how they look and the women criticizing couldn't pull off the dress in the first place.
Jeebus I’m the biggest feminist I know (personally, except for maybe my daughter so maybe I taught her well).
I didn’t say she couldn’t pull it off. It’s still an ugly dress that looks like granny undies and some fly screen. t is, IMO, ugly. I never forced my opinion on anyone.
I said if it makes her feel good and she likes it and wants to wear it, then good on her. As a feminist I believe it’s all about choice - she chose that, no issue on her. But it’s an ugly dress.
I suggested Lachie (on his bezillion dollars) could maybe have offered to buy her an actual dress - no comment on whether she could pull it off of course, and also commented that maybe they maintain separate bank accounts, so good for them as a young modern couple. But it’s still an ugly dress.
I made a concerted effort not to criticise HER, just that it’s a gross ugly dress.
I would also hazard a guess that many men also make comments on how women look and compare them - even if it’s just in their own head. I doubt all that many blokes would look at that dress and register no thoughts at all. Its how we’re conditioned socially, but is also in our deep, dark biological nature to want to attract the (insert whatever attractive quality that exists in any different culture) best mate possible.
And it’s a shame that it took until you had your own daughter to become protective of women, and see the way society works and how we (women in particular) compete to out do each other. But it’s great that you do now. Again - nature and ‘papa bear’ sees you wanting to protect your child from the nasty elements of the society we live in.

But please, I don’t want to be drawn into another pages long debate about sexism/feminism, then told I’m abhorrent and should apologise to everyone on this board for being so horribly offensive.

But it’s still a butt-ugly dress.

You sound like a middle aged white bogan dude here, odd take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back