Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeebus I’m the biggest feminist I know (personally, except for maybe my daughter so maybe I taught her well).
I didn’t say she couldn’t pull it off. It’s still an ugly dress that looks like granny undies and some fly screen. t is, IMO, ugly. I never forced my opinion on anyone.
I said if it makes her feel good and she likes it and wants to wear it, then good on her. As a feminist I believe it’s all about choice - she chose that, no issue on her. But it’s an ugly dress.
I suggested Lachie (on his bezillion dollars) could maybe have offered to buy her an actual dress - no comment on whether she could pull it off of course, and also commented that maybe they maintain separate bank accounts, so good for them as a young modern couple. But it’s still an ugly dress.
I made a concerted effort not to criticise HER, just that it’s a gross ugly dress.
I would also hazard a guess that many men also make comments on how women look and compare them - even if it’s just in their own head. I doubt all that many blokes would look at that dress and register no thoughts at all. Its how we’re conditioned socially, but is also in our deep, dark biological nature to want to attract the (insert whatever attractive quality that exists in any different culture) best mate possible.
And it’s a shame that it took until you had your own daughter to become protective of women, and see the way society works and how we (women in particular) compete to out do each other. But it’s great that you do now. Again - nature and ‘papa bear’ sees you wanting to protect your child from the nasty elements of the society we live in.

But please, I don’t want to be drawn into another pages long debate about sexism/feminism, then told I’m abhorrent and should apologise to everyone on this board for being so horribly offensive.

But it’s still a butt-ugly dress.
I think you'd better get your apologizin' boots on IP ;)

Fashion is running out of creative material design choices to catch the eye, so now it's moving to titillation. There were always one or two pieces each runway show out of France and Italy that had nipples showing but they were the exception.

The goal is to be noticed and being almost naked achieves that. Eventually there will be a shear dress and instead of "Such is Life" written on their abs it will read "Power down below" with an arrow pointing to their thigh gap.

Headlines, empowerment. Mission accomplished.

As with all art, if you can distract with sexy stuff you don't need much of the craft you're working in.

And he’s right. He would be a nice extra, but I prefer where we are now with Brayshaw, Cerra, Tucker, Serong with Valente to come. We were rebuilding, probably would still be with him.
We just got lost in having Blakely as the successor. Unfortunate he didn’t step in and take his spot.
Funnily enough, in time I think we ll have a far better midfield then Brisbane anyway.
Lyons, Zorko, Robinson, Berry, Mccluagge with Ellis-Yolmen. Meh.

And he’s right. He would be a nice extra, but I prefer where we are now with Brayshaw, Cerra, Tucker, Serong with Valente to come. We were rebuilding, probably would still be with him.
We just got lost in having Blakely as the successor. Unfortunate he didn’t step in and take his spot.
Funnily enough, in time I think we ll have a far better midfield then Brisbane anyway.
Lyons, Zorko, Robinson, Berry, Mccluagge with Ellis-Yolmen. Meh.
Jarryd Lyons. One of the most overrated players in the AFL.
Some clowns were suggesting he should be AA this year!!
didn’t even notice him playing the other night.

Jarryd Lyons. One of the most overrated players in the AFL.
Some clowns were suggesting he should be AA this year!!
didn’t even notice him playing the other night.
Noticed him when he was baking Berry into a pie over taking his space in a contest.

Mammoth knock from Cameron Green today against a NSW attack that included Nathan Lyon. 185* at the end of day 3. Shame he's not bowling yet.
Nearly 400 balls too. Gunna bet it's been some years since anyone 21 or under has played an innings that long in Shield cricket.

I think the selectors will find a way to bring him in as a batsman only, and let him develop as a Test bowler. No sense in having him bowl early on at Kohli and co. anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

liked the first season, apparently LaRusso was having a sook about his lack of screen time so they had to up it the following season which was why, imo, it was sh*te

Really? Just finished the second seasons and he didn’t seem anymore prominent than the first. It got a bit ‘teen-drama’ in the second season, but it was a lot of cheesy fun.

Last edited:
Fevola and Dustin Fletcher put the current players to shame in the longest kick competition. Both kicked 65m torps

Tom Browne - Josh Dunkley has requested a trade to Essendon. They'll easily be getting a top 10 pick now, which is interesting given their JUH points situation

Tom Browne - Josh Dunkley has requested a trade to Essendon. They'll easily be getting a top 10 pick now, which is interesting given their JUH points situation
What pick have Essendon got? Dunkley a good player but I would have though a mid first rounder rather than a top 10.
He will get paid overs at Essendon as they should have plenty of cash to splash around.

What pick have Essendon got? Dunkley a good player but I would have though a mid first rounder rather than a top 10.
He will get paid overs at Essendon as they should have plenty of cash to splash around.
Dunkley will go for the two firsts with a 2nd back guaranteed.

Dunkley will go for the two firsts with a 2nd back guaranteed.
If (when) Bulldogs get Essendons first round this year, which is currently #6, I hope the club trades for it. Bulldogs don't need it this year and would prefer a first round next season.

Something along the lines of:

- 2021 first round, 2020 second round

+ #6 (maybe 2021 second or third round pick)

Either use both our first rounders to attempt to get McDonald, or get Thilthorpe at #6 and an outside mid at our other first round pick.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back