Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should just sack him now if that is what they think should happen.

It's weird because by all reports Shaw wasn't given the support he needed and was hung out to dry a bit.

Their response is to hire someone else and give them unrealistic expectations from day one.

I can see this ending badly.

Who do you see as the A grade defenders ahead of him though? It just might be your interpretation of what an A grader is but looking at the Mongrel Punt article Luke should be an A grader.
Darcy Moore is an A grader, I guess I see Ryan as one level below that.

If he can repeat the level he achieved this year, next year then I will need to change my opinion.

Darcy Moore is an A grader, I guess I see Ryan as one level below that.

If he can repeat the level he achieved this year, next year then I will need to change my opinion.

Why is Darcy Moore an A grader and Luke Ryan not when you said it takes 2-3 to be considered an A grader?

Sorry but I just don't get your reasoning.

Just curious. Lots of :thumbsdown: from Joao - just wondering what you’re disagreeing with, and what your opinion is on all this?

I am guessing it is people saying Luke Ryan is not an A-grader.

I hate these subjective ratings of players because everyone has their own ideas of what constitutes an 'A' grader. Half the time they contradict themselves with "Ryan is not A grade because he doesn't have enough rungs on the board" while simultaneously claiming "Walters is not A grade because he had a poor season, even though he was AA just last year and been elite for years prior".

If people are saying Fyfe is our only A grader that is fine but that would mean all clubs only have a couple of A graders on their lists also - which disproves needing 4-5 A graders to be premiership ready. If anyone thought Richmond had 4-5 'A' graders on their list back in 2016 I'd love to see proof :)

Just curious. Lots of :thumbsdown: from Joao - just wondering what you’re disagreeing with, and what your opinion is on all this?
Ryan is definitely "A Grade".
I hate these subjective ratings of players because everyone has their own ideas of what constitutes an 'A' grader. Half the time they contradict themselves with "Ryan is not A grade because he doesn't have enough rungs on the board" while simultaneously claiming "Walters is not A grade because he had a poor season, even though he was AA just last year and been elite for years prior".

If people are saying Fyfe is our only A grader that is fine but that would mean all clubs only have a couple of A graders on their lists also - which disproves needing 4-5 A graders to be premiership ready. If anyone thought Richmond had 4-5 'A' graders on their list back in 2016 I'd love to see proof :)
Depending on where you draw the line with only Fyfe being A-grade, there might only be 2 A graders in the comp.

At the moment I have Fyfe and Walters as the only A Grader on our list.

Ryan is getting close, but not at the level. He, like Tabs needs another year of consistent football.
Hamling, Logue, Pearce need to avoid getting injured to be considered.

Darcy, Cerra, Brayshaw, Young, Henry and Serong are the next group who have the potential to be an A grader.

Maybe this is a tough rating, and a few players should be called A graders.

There's no doubt Ryan had an A grade season & your only as good as your last season.

So, currently he's an A grader.

I think Ryan is now playing consistently at “A” level.

Walters is at present “A-“ level, minus meaning he can do better. Stop his “auditions” for Home & Away !!!!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is A-Level defined as for you guys? Only definition I've ever seen was the Buckeneara "elite player on any AFL list." In which case it'd probably be Fyfe, Walters and Ryan.

So I think it's safe to say at this point that the A-League is significantly worse in quality than Chinese Super League, J League and K League?

So I think it's safe to say at this point that the A-League is significantly worse in quality than Chinese Super League, J League and K League?

Money is essentially the main difference although with the change to the rules in China, the Chinese teams will fall off a cliff. You could see in the Glory's game against Shanghai the other night that there was not much difference between the sides and the only reason Glory lost was a piss poor GK error. The J-League and K-League are the 2 biggest leagues in Asia and as such, the winner of the ACL usually comes from one of those 2. The best Australian players also tend to end up in Japan or Korea if they don't end up in Europe. I am assuming you are mentioning it in reference to the Asian Champions League. The J-League are also in the middle of their season and the K-League have only just finished a few weeks ago so their players are all match fit compared to the A-League sides who haven't played for months.

Mitch’s off season neck implant surgery has been a success, he is now 6’4.5”.
Crowden and Shultz fear no man,and give 100% every time.That is why in my eyes they are both 6'6"tall...Mitch is only 21 yo and Lachie is only 22 yo...Maybe We should cut them some slack...I think they more than deserved it...

Last edited:
Is the Black Friday sale concept worthwhile?
Yes, just doubled our turnover for what would have been a busy week anyway ( based on previous years).
We put on genuine sale prices. Cleared quality stock ( high profit) that had been over ordered to full containers at the last minute when other goods failed to arrive on time. (Covid related) Never import a container that has an inch of wasted room in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back