Win Prizes 2020 Official Draft Tipping Competition - Congratulations Sewell21!

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Western bulldogs- jamarra ugle hagan (MB)
2. Adelaide-Logan McDonald
3. North Melbourne-Elijah Hollands
4. Sydney-Denver Grainger Barass
5. Hawthorn-Riley Tilthorpe
6. Gold Coast-Will Phillips
7.Essendon-Nik Cox
8. Essendon-Archie Perkins
9. Sydney-Braden Campbell (MB)
10. Collingwood-Zach Reid (live trade)
11. Collingwood-Reef McIness (MB)
12. Port Adelaide-Lachlan Jones (MB)
13. Adelaide-Tanner Bruhn
14.GWS-Heath Chapman
15. NM-Oliver Henry
16. Fremantle-Brayden Cook
17. GWS-Finlay Macrae
18. Essendon-Nathan ODriscoll
19. GWS-Luke Pedlar
20. Richmond-Connor Stone
21. Sydney-Errol Gulden (MB)
22. Melbourne-Jack Carroll
23. Melbourne-Max Holmes
24. GWS-Bailey Laurie
25. St Kilda-Caleb Poulter

1. Western Bulldogs (NGA) - JUH
2. Adelaide - Riley Thilthorpe
3. North Melbourne - Elijah Hollands
4. Sydney - Logan McDonald
5. Sydney (NGA) - Braedan Campbell
6. Hawthorn - Will Phillips
7. Gold Coast - Denver Granger-Barrass
8. Essendon - Tanner Bruhn
9. Essendon - Zach Reid
10. Collingwood (Tr. ESS) - Archie Perkins
11. Collingwood (NGA) - Reef McInnes
12. GWS (Tr. ADE) - Nik Cox
13. Port Adelaide (NGA) - Lachlan Jones
14. Adelaide (Tr. GWS) - Finlay Macrae
15. North Melbourne - Oliver Henry
16. Fremantle - Nathan O'Driscoll
17. Adelaide (Tr. GWS) - Luke Pedlar
18. Essendon (Tr. COL) - Heath Chapman
19. GWS - Liam Kolar
21. Richmond - Tom Powell
22. Melbourne - Conor Stone
23. Sydney (NGA) - Errol Gulden
24. Melbourne - Zane Trew
24. GWS - Caleb Poulter
25. St Kilda - Bailey Laurie

1. Western Bulldogs - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (bid)
2.Adelaide - Riley Thilthorpe
3. North Melbourne - Elijah Hollands
4. Sydney - Denver Grainger-Barrass
5. Hawthorn - Logan McDonald
6. Gold Coast - Will Phillips
7. Essendon - Zach Reid
8. Sydney - Braeden Campbell (Bid matched)
9. Essendon - Archie Perkins
10. Essendon - Conor Stone
11. Port Adelaide - Lachlan Jones (bid
12. Adelaide - Tanner Bruhn
13. GWS - Heath Chapman
14. North Melbourne - Tom Powell
15. Fremantle - Brayden Cook
16. GWS - Oliver Henry
17. Collingwood - Nikolas Cox
18. Collingwood - Reef McInnes (Bid matched)
19. GWS - Luke Pedlar
20. Richmond - Finlay Macrae
21. Melbourne - Bailey Laurie
22. Melbourne - Nathan O'Driscoll
23. Sydney - Errol Gulden (Bid Matched)
24. GWS - Jack Carroll
25. St Kilda - Max Holmes

Congratulations to our winner, Sewell21! First prize is two years of BigFooty premium platinum membership.

Sewell21 had six correct tips, six more first round draftees matched to their clubs, and another nine first round draftees identified, for a total of 51 points.

Our runner up is LOZWILDA, who will receive one year of BigFooty premium platinum membership.

LOZWILDA had five correct tips, seven players correctly matched to their clubs, and nine other first round draft picks identified, for a total of 48 points.

Congratulations to you both!

Equal third were Chaisa and Smythe on 46 points, with Chaisa having the edge via the tiebreaker, while longdonkey is 5th on 44 points.

By way of comparison, here are the results for some of the expert phantoms:

Herald Sun: 46 points
eDPS: 38 points
Draft Central: 37 points
Matt Balmer: 37 points
Knightmare: 36 points
Cal Twomey: 36 points
Daniel Cherny: 35 points

Thank you to the 49 people who posted entries, it was an absolute slog to get through them all but great to see lots of participation!

If you missed out on the prizes, but are sick of the forum ads, you can also get yourself a premium platinum at the link: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades

Or do what I do and join in the player sponsorship on your club board. :tongueoutv1:

Thank you to the 49 people who posted entries, it was an absolute slog to get through them all but great to see lots of participation!

If you missed out on the prizes, but are sick of the forum ads, you can also get yourself a premium platinum at the link: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades

Or do what I do and join in the player sponsorship on your club board. :tongueoutv1:
Excellent work.
IT was great to be part of, well done Sewell21

Thanks for the competition.
And to all who contribute about the draft on here, Well done.
I enjoy the different perspectives from different sources and states.
Keep up the good work as it is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Congratulations to our winner, Sewell21! First prize is two years of BigFooty premium platinum membership.

Sewell21 had six correct tips, six more first round draftees matched to their clubs, and another nine first round draftees identified, for a total of 51 points.

Our runner up is LOZWILDA, who will receive one year of BigFooty premium platinum membership.

LOZWILDA had five correct tips, seven players correctly matched to their clubs, and nine other first round draft picks identified, for a total of 48 points.

Congratulations to you both!

Thanks for putting this all together Lore.
It added a little bit more interest in between Freo picking 4 future premiership players.

And added thanks for the comparison to the other experts. That gave me a chuckle.

Thanks for putting this all together Lore.
It added a little bit more interest in between Freo picking 4 future premiership players.

And added thanks for the comparison to the other experts. That gave me a chuckle.

Congrats Sewell21 and thanks Lore for the hard work I can see that would have taken a good amount of time to run.

For all of us who got more points than the experts hold your heads high. These guys work on this full-time and have loads of data.

As a data analyst I think its funny they don't get close and it makes me wonder how many emotional non-data based decisions are made and how much mis-information is circulated by list managers and player agents.

I'm quite happy with 5th seeing I used no data and haven't seen most of these guys play.

Congrats Sewell21 and thanks Lore for the hard work I can see that would have taken a good amount of time to run.

For all of us who got more points than the experts hold your heads high. These guys work on this full-time and have loads of data.

As a data analyst I think its funny they don't get close and it makes me wonder how many emotional non-data based decisions are made and how much mis-information is circulated by list managers and player agents.

I'm quite happy with 5th seeing I used no data and haven't seen most of these guys play.
The experts were better last year. I think there was less info available this time around with less whispers as well, no one knew for sure what Adelaide would do, so only about half picked the JUH bid or Thilthorpe at 1 (technically 2 I suppose), meaning that for a lot of people Thilthorpe was still on the board and McDonald wasn't, so that has knock on effects.

Then North did something completely unexpected and went with Phillips at Pick 2 (which no one predicted btw) and meant McDonald, Hollands and Grainger-Barras were available to Sydney. mpal6 Chaisa and Discarnate were the only ones who had McDonald going to Sydney at Pick 3.

Only two people had Hollands to Sydney (which didn't eventuate obviously, but shows how far off we all were since most people had Hollands already gone by then), and virtually no one had Hollands lasting past pick 4 (four people, including one joke submission that had DGB, Hollands and McDonald lasting to Essendon's picks).

At that point the expected top 5 were gone, but not in the expected order, and we should've been back on course for the most part, but then Essendon took two talls which was an unpopular theory as well, of the experts only eDPS predicted that, meaning that he was also the only one that had the extra midfielder/s available at pick 11, which then throws the next section of the draft off-course. About half of the regular punters had Essendon taking 2-3 midfielders.

So basically the top 10 went in a way that was totally unexpected when the experts would ordinarily, easily get most of it right. It all has knock on effects later in the draft as well with different players being available than what was expected.

And then of course outside the top 10 everything was a bit haywire anyway, Collingwood's NGA (McInnes) slipped past both of their picks meaning they actually got to use them rather than getting eaten by bids, and meaning the teams after them had less to choose from as well. Lots of it was really speculative, and a couple of kids tipped to go in the first round didn't even get drafted.

Having said that the winners last year beat the experts too. I suppose if you throw enough darts at the dartboard – or have enough participants in the comp – then it’s probably inevitable that some will be better by accident (or maybe they have info too?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish I had the gumption to move Campbell to Hawthorn's bid, given it looked clear that they would bid if McDonald wasn't there. Probably would've finished 2nd with it.
I must admit I was expecting Collingwood to move up the order with an expected early bid and they would have wanted talls. But didn't happen.
Word is Adelaide tried to move up from 9 but nobody was interested unless Adelaide's 2021 first round was included - which is a better than even chance of being Pick 1 or 2. Ludicrous. I expect Colingwood tried too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back