2020 Pakistan tour of England (3 Tests, 3 T20Is)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
According to the Foxtel guide, Fox Cricket will be showing Pakistan's tour of England which contains 3 tests and 3 twenty20 internationals. The test series starts on Wednesday August 5

The test series schedule is as follows: First test: Old Trafford - August 5-9; 2nd test: Ageas Bowl August 13-17; 3rd test: Ageas Bowl, August 21-25. Weather permitting, each day's play will start at 8pm AEST.

As for the three twenty20 internationals: 1st Twenty20, Old Trafford 3am AEST, August 28; 2nd Twenty20, Old Trafford 11:30pm AEST, August 30; 3rd Twenty20, Old Trafford 3am AEST, Septmber 1.

England's squad: Joe Root Captain, James Anderson , Jofra Archer , Dominic Bess , Stuart Broad , Rory Burns , Jos Buttler, Zak Crawley, Sam Curran, Ollie Pope, Dom Sibley , Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

Pakistan's squad: Azhar Ali (c), Babar Azam, Abid Ali, Asad Shafiq, Faheem Ashraf, Fawad Alam, Imam-ul-Haq, Imran Khan Sr, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Naseem Shah, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk), Shadab Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Shan Masood, Sohail Khan, Usman Shinwari, Wahab Riaz, Yasir Shah.

Let's hope we get some close, competitive cricket with Pakistan winning the series.

Pakistan a big chance. Very solid battling lineup the bowling is a bit green though

Tough conditions for sure. It does feel like a matter of time before both Broad and Anderson breakthrough. Still happy to see a captain backing their top order to survive it though and bat first.

VirgilHilts

All Australian
Mar 22, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Warwickshire
Warne getting in his customary 'give the spinner an early bowl' plea.

VirgilHilts

All Australian
Mar 22, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
But seeing as he plays the majority of his Tests in England, where his record is world class, it's fine.

VirgilHilts

All Australian
Mar 22, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I always struggle to get a handle on Pakistan because every time they come over here they seem to have a completely different squad. I recognise more of their backroom staff than I do the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
What makes you say that?
The fact he had no idea about any of the protocols that happened in the Windies series and he kept asking questions like "did we see any changes in the amount of swing in the Windies series?"

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
surely England need to give leach ago
Bess is not going to survive a) a tour to India, or b) a tour to Australia. If he's not a long term prospect, you'd have to ask why he's in there.

He bowls at once too short and too full at different times, bowls more sidespin than overspin without genuinely turning the ball. I'd fancy my chances against him, and I'm a shitty park cricketer.

Dave Warner, Marnus and Smith will all be licking their lips, and so will Kohli.

VirgilHilts

All Australian
Mar 22, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bess is not going to survive a) a tour to India, or b) a tour to Australia. If he's not a long term prospect, you'd have to ask why he's in there.

He bowls at once too short and too full at different times, bowls more sidespin than overspin without genuinely turning the ball. I'd fancy my chances against him, and I'm a shitty park cricketer.
He's just turned 23. His strike rate needs a lot of work but he keeps it tight (c. 2.5 rpo) and his average is acceptable (33). His batting average is good for a bowler and he's a terrific fielder. But more than anything I think the England management like his character. He's learning his game in Test match cricket, which isn't easy but he'll get better.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
He's just turned 23. His strike rate needs a lot of work but he keeps it tight (c. 2.5 rpo) and his average is acceptable (33). His batting average is good for a bowler and he's a terrific fielder. But more than anything I think the England management like his character. He's learning his game in Test match cricket, which isn't easy but he'll get better.
Look, I hope he does. Far be it for me to wish ill of a young bloke playing his first few tests.

But someone who bowls what he bowls needs either metronomic accuracy coupled with slight variation or the brain of a Shane Warne. Graeme Swann was a remarkable bowler because he had genuine movement through the air and the ability to convince the batsman at the other end that the next one was going to rip.

A home series opposite Nathan Lyon would've been good for him - show him what he could do if he worked hard - but I maintain that there will be a number of world cricketers (mostly in Australia and India) who would be hoping he'd be on the next tour. Broad had better hope he still has Warner's measure, because Bess vs Warner would not be good watching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back