2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Traders usually use a rule that you shouldn't add anyone to your team who hasn't already *trained with the group through pre-season* which I agree with.

BUT

Is anyone else tempted by Elliot Yeo? Forgtotten how much of a contested beast he was.

Last year VS Melbourne, he scored 140 with 16 tackles at Optus..
Going under the radar big time. Had an injury interrupted pre season last year and still cruised to a 104 average. Think he can push 110 this year tbh

I went Petracca, but this is only a good call if he plays mid time.. Rowbottom looks okay and is cheaper. Does it change anything else? Being that Rowbottom is cheaper? If not I'd go Petraccca.
Probably means I can’t have Fish and will be running a 0 on the defence bench until Williams is picked. So the difference probably has to be reasonable for me to go Petracca.

Thanks. Here is my team then and I have $131k left, what do? B.Will > Brander then who to FWD, or Madgen for now and McAsey on bench.. or another upgrade? so close.

Def: Smith, Houston, Doc, Roberton, Cumming, McAsey (Star, B.Will)
Mid: Macrae, Neale, Cogs, Adams, Titch, Rowell, Green, Pickett (Brown, McIn)
Ruck: Grundy, Sauce (Xerri)
Fwd: Whitfield, Greenwood, Petracca, A.Brayshaw, Brander, Taylor (Davis, Cavarra)
(Budarick)
I’d probably play Madgen in that case and keep Brander forward. He’ll be handy points wise I feel

Last minute freak out over Cerra and Nobel D4/5

Someone tell me they’re cheap value with good roles before I try find 100k to go B Smith and Madgen instead :straining:

how did you do this?
Had Ceglar fwd.
Bailey Williams WCE ruck emergency red dot.
Out Williams & Ceglar.
In Budarick FWD, English R1, Naitanui R2, Naismith R3.
Just want all green lights and cash gen even if it means an expensive R3 bench option.

Don't need Ceglar back up as much now even though he might still be a decent forward option.

Have a bit of money tied up in the bench.
Mcasey ($260k) D7
Starcevich ($189k D8)
Naismith ($284k R3)
Brander ($217k F7)

Last minute freak out over Cerra and Nobel D4/5

Someone tell me they’re cheap value with good roles before I try find 100k to go B Smith and Madgen instead :straining:
Meh, I'd prefer the latter. I rate Madgens scoring potential.
(+6's from mark/kick )

The Traders usually use a rule that you shouldn't add anyone to your team who hasn't already *trained with the group through pre-season* which I agree with.

BUT

Is anyone else tempted by Elliot Yeo? Forgtotten how much of a contested beast he was.

Last year VS Melbourne, he scored 140 with 16 tackles at Optus..
Certainly underpriced as had no preseason last year. Was on my radar but can't quite fit him in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, I'd prefer the latter. I rate Madgens scoring potential.
(+6's from mark/kick )

In response to yourself and Fitzey, the more I think of Naismith's potential of cash gen the more I feel the need to spend the extra 100k there, but it's Naismith or Madgen, I can't have both. Including Madgen moves McAsey to D8 and Xerri back into my R3. Higher onfield score vs more cash gen (I assume Madgen will outscore McAsey comfortably)

Def: Smith, Houston, Doc, Roberton, Cumming, McAsey (Star, B.Will)
Mid: Macrae, Neale, Cogs, Adams, Titch, Rowell, Green, Pickett (Brown, McIn)
Ruck: Grundy, Sauce (Naismith)
Fwd: Whitfield, Greenwood, Petracca, A.Brayshaw, Brander, Taylor (Davis, Cavarra)
(Budarick)

So quick D5/D6 question

Cerra / Madgen / Cumming

Which 2 would you take with Brander and Starc on your bench??

I think Cerra and Madgen probably best JS, but Cumming potentially good scorer?? Help?

I'm essentially down to two spots,

SicDawg and Devon Smith

Or

Crips and Hugh Greenwood

Any thoughts??

I would go the latter, but that's because as a crows fan I see good value in greenwood if he has midfield time (which he will) and Sic scares me a little to be honest. Devon will be great and he makes the first option good but Crips has also been solid and should see plenty of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back