2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL Fantasy R1 2020.JPG

Team for 2020. Little of bit midprice-madness but I think plenty of good value picks.

DEF -

Smith, Houston, Docherty and Roberton pretty stock standard as is Brander/Starcevich on the pine. Cumming a late inclusion given the lack of defensive rookies. Still not sold on him but he offers solid value and its an easy enough downgrade to Young/Ash etc. if need be. Cerra was an interesting one. Was in and out of my side a fair bit all preseason but ultimately ended up there. Think he averages 75+ easily enough (old scoring, every average quoted will be BVC!) which is enough to justify being there.

MID -

Dunkley as the big gun. Was tossing up between him and Macrae, ultimately went for Dunks given the lower price tag. Cogs, Mitchell and the rooks all speak for themselves, pretty stock standard picks. Steele my unique, plays full time mids and won't have to tag now. Racks up the ball and loves a good tackle, think he'll do really well for himself this year and push 105. McGrath in their for a value pick as well. Confident he's got the role to go 90+ now with ease.

RUC -

Had to have Grundy in my opinion. Jacobs really only started to appear in my team after the Marsh series. Still not sold, but gives flexibility to either go down to a Naismith or up to Gawn.

FWD -

There was so much value here but I couldn't not start Whitfield after missing him for so long last year. Really liked Gresham for this season as well, just couldn't squeeze him in. Ultimately went for the pretty standard Greenwood, Petracca, Brayshaw combo. Schultz came in yesterday for the first time to allow for Anderson up to McGrath. Not confident but his Marsh form was great.

In the end, pretty happy. Only 4 rookies on the field and plenty of value picks. Think its a strong starting point to go into this year with!

View attachment 843909

Team for 2020. Little of bit midprice-madness but I think plenty of good value picks.

DEF -

Smith, Houston, Docherty and Roberton pretty stock standard as is Brander/Starcevich on the pine. Cumming a late inclusion given the lack of defensive rookies. Still not sold on him but he offers solid value and its an easy enough downgrade to Young/Ash etc. if need be. Cerra was an interesting one. Was in and out of my side a fair bit all preseason but ultimately ended up there. Think he averages 75+ easily enough (old scoring, every average quoted will be BVC!) which is enough to justify being there.

MID -

Dunkley as the big gun. Was tossing up between him and Macrae, ultimately went for Dunks given the lower price tag. Cogs, Mitchell and the rooks all speak for themselves, pretty stock standard picks. Steele my unique, plays full time mids and won't have to tag now. Racks up the ball and loves a good tackle, think he'll do really well for himself this year and push 105. McGrath in their for a value pick as well. Confident he's got the role to go 90+ now with ease.

RUC -

Had to have Grundy in my opinion. Jacobs really only started to appear in my team after the Marsh series. Still not sold, but gives flexibility to either go down to a Naismith or up to Gawn.

FWD -

There was so much value here but I couldn't not start Whitfield after missing him for so long last year. Really liked Gresham for this season as well, just couldn't squeeze him in. Ultimately went for the pretty standard Greenwood, Petracca, Brayshaw combo. Schultz came in yesterday for the first time to allow for Anderson up to McGrath. Not confident but his Marsh form was great.

In the end, pretty happy. Only 4 rookies on the field and plenty of value picks. Think its a strong starting point to go into this year with!
Gresh was my POD forward all ore season up until the Round 11 bye was announced where I had to cut him. Now I'm thinking i should have brought him back in. But would have been at the expense of Cegalr who is there for cover for Naismith

Geez a fair few posts to catch up on since last night!

Did you hold strong in the end mate?

Not going to go the early crow, as I had English, Jacobs, Naismith as my R1, R2, R3 for most of the last couple of weeks. I do reckon English will have a great season but ended up swapping him back to Grundy this morning.. Who are your other rucks?

Good call. How'd it go?

Strong team!
My sanity is in tact but I'm gutted I went Crae over Grundy as C within the last 30 mins.

I'm most looking forward to the ruck battle between Jacobs & Fort today... Hoping Fort can make a big statement today!

McGrath, Schultz, Lukosius are my uniques also up today. Get stuck in lads!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* sorry lads for talking up the suns, we are ******* s**t, weak as s**t............ i need 110 from titch to win my *ing league match up when i should be miles ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back