2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, it was my question about Naismith and I posed it out of interest to see not only what the lads thought but also if his ownership changed due to what they say!!

What was the question/answer?

I’ve currently gone pretty risky with NicNat at R2, but have Naismith sitting at R3.

Anyone thinking of English?
Last 3 average of 86.
Priced at 77.
Natural improvement factor of 1.1 you'd think, so he should come close to 90. (Or 103 in my dreams)
He's in my side, Just don't throw him out after round 1's tough match up with Grundy.

I had Gawn R2, and my forward line was rubbish.
It's still not much better but now I've only got 1 $170k player on the field (M8 Pickett) and cash splashed elsewhere avoiding to many cheap rookies.

Only 4% ownership for one of last year's best mids.
T.T is the type of player that won't stop. I don't see how he gets any worse regardless of who ever else gets mid time. T.T is the man.

Absolutely loved owning him last year, and I 100% agree neither his average nor his mid time are likely to fall this year. Would love to have him again but just can't make room at this stage. Look forward to bringing him in as an upgrade at some point during the season.

Love TT (had him from rnd 1 last yr), but the thing is hes basically fully priced....and now hes in a full strength gws side. i can see, at best, a 5 point improvement, so not much upside yet i can imagine a 5-10 point hit to his average based on player rotations.

Its a long season, so baring injuries, who knows i might have TT in my side at some point ... but i wont be starting

The more i think on it, the more im leaning to having more mid pricers to start with:

-split playerbase into 4 price segments: rookies, midprice, premo, uber premo
-we get a fixed number of trades per year
-we get a fixed number of trades to use per week.

the natural progression of a cash cow is:
rookie-> mid -> premo -> uber premo (slow burn cow)
rookie -> downgrade/upgrade premo (uber cow eg: sam walsh last year)

i split the cows into 2 because basically your grabing cash via a downgrade/upgrade scenario or you can trade up based on built up vale (ie: equity)
either way your looking at minimum 3-4 trades to get that uber premo.
timewise cows take 6-9 weeks to fatten.

season tactics (excluding injuries and forced trades)
weeks 1-3; fixing mistakes. sideways trading, getting in cows/premos
weeks 3-6: ?
weeks 6-9: cow cash grab. 2-3 cows upgraded
weeks 9-12: bye planning, 2-3 cows upgraded
weeks 12-14: bye weeks, team restructure if needed. 2-3 cows upgraded
week 15: full team.

so your basically upgrading 6-9 rookies by rnd 15. From experience, id lean towards 7. so thats 2, 3, 2 fwd, mid, back line onfield rookies.

mid pricers start at a higer base price. may take one less trade to reach premo. should fatten quicker (eg 4-7 weeks). should be ready to trade during that week 3-6 empty period

What was the question/answer?

I’ve currently gone pretty risky with NicNat at R2, but have Naismith sitting at R3.
Question - With no other R3's probablky playing R1 and making $$ important, why is Naismith only 3% owned, when he will probably make $200k by rd12.
Answer - Well he's a bit expensive but yeah, good point!

Question - With no other R3's probablky playing R1 and making $$ important, why is Naismith only 3% owned, when he will probably make $200k by rd12.
Answer - Well he's a bit expensive but yeah, good point!
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 4% ownership for one of last year's best mids.
T.T is the type of player that won't stop. I don't see how he gets any worse regardless of who ever else gets mid time. T.T is the man.
4 of the top 7 aggregate scoring mids from last year are under 5% ownership

4 of the top 7 aggregate scoring mids from last year are under 5% ownership
I'm starting to think I need to look at total points, rather than averages.

Looking at overall ranking, it's all about total points, not average. Injuries are hard to predict, but there are guys (*cough* Josh Kelly *cough*) who just continue to get injured

I'm starting to think I need to look at total points, rather than averages.

Looking at overall ranking, it's all about total points, not average. Injuries are hard to predict, but there are guys (*cough* Josh Kelly *cough*) who just continue to get injured
Yep, all about overall points than average. It’s why I’m not big on guys like Kelly, Coniglio, Fyfe, Rocky etc. whilst all will have good averages, their total points won’t be as big as others as they’ll likely miss games

Yep, all about overall points than average. It’s why I’m not big on guys like Kelly, Coniglio, Fyfe, Rocky etc. whilst all will have good averages, their total points won’t be as big as others as they’ll likely miss games
Currently only have Cogs from that list. I'm wondering if I should trade for Cripps...but is he any better?

Very hard to build a side to plan when you're forced to sideways trade injured premos.
Easy to get beaten by a team of fit 80's & 90's if you have a few injuries.

Gibbs, Hannebery or Selwood?
All once upon a time fantasy guns but can they go there again?... stepping stones at best for mine.
I'm on Gibbs though and reckon he can channel his ex-carlton brother KSimpson - if he has the half back role and appears to be over the malaise that stifled him last year I reckon he can go big again. I'll will look to slot him into Def in r6 as DPP hopefully. Hanners injury/rest risk = high, Selwood warhorse body starting to desert him - interrupted preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back