2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first misplaced confidence was in the AFL...once again the app is not up and running for the season launch.🤔

It's like having the season opener but with only one team playing (although you can argue they have been doing that for the last few years)

My first misplaced confidence was in the AFL...once again the app is not up and running for the season launch.🤔

It's like having the season opener but with only one team playing (although you can argue they have been doing that for the last few years)

Have faith, I'm sure it'll be open by at least a week after Round 1 ;)

Hmm. Last year I coughed up the $19.99 for fantasy coach. Passed this year but I'll likely pay again. Keeps everything in 1 spot..

Hmm. Last year I coughed up the $19.99 for fantasy coach. Passed this year but I'll likely pay again. Keeps everything in 1 spot..
11mins since this post,
I'm already contemplating cheaper rucks to fund premos elsewhere.
When you sort by cheapest price & hit the likes of Naitanui, English, Lycett & Stef Martin early on your eyes light up.

I coughed up for everyone good last year (but a cheap R2 til ROB came along and saved that mistake) so it all seemed to work but that was helped by also starting with the good scores of Worpel, Brouch, Boak & Walsh. Nailed most picks and under priced players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like your rucks, and I don't know about Bonar or HIll.

Other than that, looks good. Nice pick of SicDawg back there - I suppose you are an adrenaline junkie

Man, the rucks are my favorite part. Planning to get plenty of coin out of all 3 then upgrade to Gawndy (most likely) rather easily. I think i have a few captain options, so i am not sweating having Grundy starting. We'll see. He's sort of a back burner thought. Bonar is sort of a stab, but i mean who else there (North)? Hills price is WAYYYYY too super low to not tempt someone like me. Everyone poo-pooed picking Brouch for the same reason as Hill, looked what happened. I gotta give him a shot. Sicily i'm not sweating. I think hes chilled a bit and Patton coming in should help keep him back on defense. Another one who is priced too low for me not to give him a shot (kinda like Rocky). Thanks for your reply though, i like to hear from outside my train of thought!

I can't swap anyone with anyone.
Using mobile website, the arrows come up for the swap.
Merrett & MacRae are on my bench as I just picked 8 mids I wanted..
Now I can't rearrange.

Man, the rucks are my favorite part. Planning to get plenty of coin out of all 3 then upgrade to Gawndy (most likely) rather easily. I think i have a few captain options, so i am not sweating having Grundy starting. We'll see. He's sort of a back burner thought. Bonar is sort of a stab, but i mean who else there (North)? Hills price is WAYYYYY too super low to not tempt someone like me. Everyone poo-pooed picking Brouch for the same reason as Hill, looked what happened. I gotta give him a shot. Sicily i'm not sweating. I think hes chilled a bit and Patton coming in should help keep him back on defense. Another one who is priced too low for me not to give him a shot (kinda like Rocky). Thanks for your reply though, i like to hear from outside my train of thought!
And let's face it, there needs to be someone on here with a different side.
You could throw a blanket over Bonar, Chayce Jones, LDU, Bewley & Venables as $300k forwards with upside that are likely to appear in the odd pre season team.

Don't know whether or not to start Jake Lloyd.

I feel he's quite firmly priced, and he has a GC game in the first couple rounds where he's been tagged by Holman etc and kept to 48 & 73 respectively.

On the other hand - he is a legitimate Fantasy pig. Always going for this +6's.

Don't know whether or not to start Jake Lloyd.

I feel he's quite firmly priced, and he has a GC game in the first couple rounds where he's been tagged by Holman etc and kept to 48 & 73 respectively.

On the other hand - he is a legitimate Fantasy pig. Always going for this +6's.

I just cant see him making any coin and/or being a captain option, so i would pass

I'm liking having Titch, Grundy, Whitpig, Dochpig and Macrae all in my side! If they all fire at once ... two words ... ectoplasm everywhere! 🤤
Trouble is, they'll be in everyone's side though.
Grundy was my first picked, the way he finished 2019 makes him a lock (but he's started low 2 years running I think)

Trouble is, they'll be in everyone's side though.
Grundy was my first picked, the way he finished 2019 makes him a lock (but he's started low 2 years running I think)
If you call this 'starting low'...maybe you can get him cheaper in week 3, but it's a lot of $ to try to find

2019:
1579833243146.png

1579833285632.png

Yes, 84 and every expert crawled out of the woods saying "he started low last year" "he hasn't kicked all preseason"
Course he blew that out of the water every round after that.

Grundy was my huge mistake last season, due to exactly that. Won't be repeating that again. Set 'n' forget Grundy 'n' Gawn all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back