2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So deep was I in a search for a unique at midnight last night that I was looking up David Cuningham.

$477k. Forward. Carlton fans cant seem to rave enough about him. Moving to the midfield this year.

Breakout?

Yeah I went to sleep at this point.
Looks like he could break into the Best 22 this year but have to questions whether his production will be enough.

So deep was I in a search for a unique at midnight last night that I was looking up David Cuningham.

$477k. Forward. Carlton fans cant seem to rave enough about him. Moving to the midfield this year.

Breakout?

Yeah I went to sleep at this point.
Ha, it must have been one of those nights... I'll raise you a 6 game 309k M/F Kyle Dunkley...no one is raving about him, is an inside mid type, spent the off season training in the US with the Bont and the big bro Josh... and he's sitting in my team right now at F6... :eek:

Ha, it must have been one of those nights... I'll raise you a 6 game 309k M/F Kyle Dunkley...no one is raving about him, is an inside mid type, spent the off season training in the US with the Bont and the big bro Josh... and he's sitting in my team right now at F6... :eek:

Surname a lock!

He and James Jordon, who is also rated internally, are definitely a watch.

Dunkley for under $350k? Yes please!

News on Cerra & Acres. How does this sit for Brayshaw?View attachment 825506

Confirms my thoughts on Acres.

But certainly peaks me interest on Cerra. Never been even remotely on the radar.

Cheap as chips. If he has a mid role he might make a decent D3 or 4.

Really stuffs with the structure adding a player like him though.

Starting lineup would look like this with Cerra:
Houston (70-100?) , Docherty (70-100?), Cerra (60-90?), Roberton (60-80), Young (50-70), Gould (50?).

All looks like ripper value on paper but the scoring is cause for alarm.

News on Cerra & Acres. How does this sit for Brayshaw?View attachment 825506

Acres news doesn't mean much - he is replacing Langdon and BHill. Need to work out what we are doing on the other side - Aish? SHill? Bewley getting lots of hype.

Cerra news isn't unexpected and shouldn't affect Brayshaw too much. Whether Mundy comes back early season, if he is fit enough for follower duties, and/or how many games he plays will be more of an influence. Would think Brayshaw, Cerra, Tucker, Walters, Conca, Blakely rotating through the other 2 spots next to Darcy and Nat.

But certainly peaks me interest on Cerra. Never been even remotely on the radar.

Houston (70-100?) , Docherty (70-100?), Cerra (60-90?), Roberton (60-80), Young (50-70), Gould (50?).

Bolded for accuracy ;)
(Doedee? Clark? Milera? SHill? also)

Bolded for accuracy ;)
(Doedee? Clark? Milera? SHill? also)

Heres hoping! Upper limits definitely possible but I like to be cynical to keep my head out of the clouds.

Doedee - will be in the mix in my team if he gets through to R1. Will probably miss first practise match though so we'll only have the 1 game as a sighter.
Clark - for some reason I completely missed the clark hype train and am still yet to board. Couldnt tell you a single thing about the guy. I need to really need to watch a saints game. $574k though so not exactly the cheapest pick.
Milera - too much $$$ for the roughness of that pick. Prefer Blakely at that price point.
SHill - Not going to lie, watching closely. Cerra might be a 'safer' option for the same price to stay on the park!

Birchall too in that range if he puts in a positive Marsh series and is named R1 you've got to atleast entertain the thought!

One of Cerra/SHill/Birchall/Doedee may end up in my side by Round1.

$451 for Cerra doesn't entice me, when you consider you can get Roberton ($327), Young ($258), Houston ($596), Doc ($563). That's 4 positions taken up and I'd be either going for a gun or rook with the last spot...just my thoughts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a bit surprised to see Sicily with such low ownership especially compared to guys like Laird, Williams, Houli, Crisp who all cost more and come with either great risk or less upside.

Currently sits at D1 for me
Sic unfortunately also has his risk too. Clarko factor and suspension are rife with him (or at least have been in the past). Personally, I think they've recruited well enough that he doesn't get shifted around and I think he is a lot less of a hot head than he has been previously, but those reasons probably explain his low ownership. I currently don't own him but he is the first in if I have the room

Heres hoping! Upper limits definitely possible but I like to be cynical to keep my head out of the clouds.

Doedee - will be in the mix in my team if he gets through to R1. Will probably miss first practise match though so we'll only have the 1 game as a sighter.
Clark - for some reason I completely missed the clark hype train and am still yet to board. Couldnt tell you a single thing about the guy. I need to really need to watch a saints game. $574k though so not exactly the cheapest pick.
Milera - too much $$$ for the roughness of that pick. Prefer Blakely at that price point.
SHill - Not going to lie, watching closely. Cerra might be a 'safer' option for the same price to stay on the park!

Birchall too in that range if he puts in a positive Marsh series and is named R1 you've got to atleast entertain the thought!

One of Cerra/SHill/Birchall/Doedee may end up in my side by Round1.
Averaged something like 90 odd in the last 8 games or so of last season. Playing HBF with mid stints. Third year breakout potential etc. Was on my radar for most of the post season but Saints have Roberton coming back in, Webster a chance with less injuries compared with last year to start the season, potentially even Zak Jones around that mark. Hard to know if he takes off where he left off from last year. Marsh watch for sure.

Cerra does interest me at that price though. A lot more than Brayshaw and he is the one copping all the love it seems. Hard to know much about Freo until Marsh. I'm bullish on Acres but the bastard can never stay on the park. Would be great for our fantasy sides if it weren't for his durability

Hmm Dylan Roberton to miss tomorrow night with a corked knee. Not great news. Hopefully he gets up for the next match.

Yeah hes the one im slightly worries about in my team. My other issue is that if its not him hes an awkward price to move from. Not much around his price, youve either gotta go all the way down, or find bulk cash to go up.

Yeah hes the one im slightly worries about in my team. My other issue is that if its not him hes an awkward price to move from. Not much around his price, youve either gotta go all the way down, or find bulk cash to go up.

Don't mind Cerra if you can find the extra 120k. Otherwise Doedee isn't the worst option around $400k either.

Hopefully he still lines up Round 1.

Was a bit surprised to see Sicily with such low ownership especially compared to guys like Laird, Williams, Houli, Crisp who all cost more and come with either great risk or less upside.

Currently sits at D1 for me

d1 here too

Sicily
Doch
Houston
Clark/Milera/other
Roberton/ Doedee
Young

Matthew Nicks talking on Chayce Jones.

Seems like Brodie Smith well in the talks for mid rotations. I may be bias but why isn't he getting any love like houston, i realise he is more expensive but still put good numbers, would love some thought outside my crows eye.

104 avg last 5 out of 7 games when played in mid, high of 133 low of 84.

Priced at 87 not huge upside but still a possible 8 point growth? 2.88% of teams. received_654318728644728.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back