2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Here's your R3 Jordan Sweet 170k - No english no other rucks.
The question is though, will they play 2 rucks?

They definitely do not have a history of it, playing Young in the ruck today, Trengrove last year or it could even be Cordy.

He'll be straight into my R3 if English get injured but IMHO he won't play along side

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
The question is though, will they play 2 rucks?

They definitely do not have a history of it, playing Young in the ruck today, Trengrove last year or it could even be Cordy.

He'll be straight into my R3 if English get injured but IMHO he won't play along side
Will Xerri get a game for North? certainly has thrown his hat in the ring.

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
My biggest issue I feel is deciding on the sub 550/600k def or fwd?
I'm sitting on Ceglar at the moment... but the door is open.

Chris99

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Very much so. Seems interesting prospect whether to start or not. You'd have to wait and see how his scoring is effected. Taranto though 📈 ?

Taranto also trailed in attack. Maybe not then. Hope the kid shits the bed playing forward. Could we see hopper rise to 105?
Screenshot_20200222-073551_Chrome.jpg

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Not surprised in the least re: Cogs. He's fantastic in attack and offers a real point of difference up forward. It is interesting though, considering they're looking at trialling De Boer and Taranto more up forward, that they're actually left with only Kelly, Hopper and Whit as permanent onballers/wingers. Given what's been said about Greene in that article, does that leave the door open for Williams to play more mid given his impact at the end of last year? Makes him a lock if so, and really opens the door for Ash to lock down that other half back spot. Caldwell has also been in and out of my side as well. Will be very interesting to see how the Giants line up in the 2nd round of the Community Series. Have a feeling they'll be the most relevant alongside the Dogs, this year.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Not surprised in the least re: Cogs. He's fantastic in attack and offers a real point of difference up forward. It is interesting though, considering they're looking at trialling De Boer and Taranto more up forward, that they're actually left with only Kelly, Hopper and Whit as permanent onballers/wingers. Given what's been said about Greene in that article, does that leave the door open for Williams to play more mid given his impact at the end of last year? Makes him a lock if so, and really opens the door for Ash to lock down that other half back spot. Caldwell has also been in and out of my side as well. Will be very interesting to see how the Giants line up in the 2nd round of the Community Series. Have a feeling they'll be the most relevant alongside the Dogs, this year.

Maybe find some gametime for Hately as well this year, won't be fantasy relevant, but the kid is too good to be playing in the seconds they'll have to play him or lose him at some point.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Cogs currently at 25% ownership, at this stage I’ll happily pay the extra for J Kelly who’s only at 6%. Yeah there’s some downside at that price but he did go 116 last year without a pre season which is no mean feat. I’ll back him in to at least equal that with a full pre season under his belt, think there’s enough upside even at that price if he’s still under 10% owned come round 1.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cogs currently at 25% ownership, at this stage I’ll happily pay the extra for J Kelly who’s only at 6%. Yeah there’s some downside at that price but he did go 116 last year without a pre season which is no mean feat. I’ll back him in to at least equal that with a full pre season under his belt, think there’s enough upside even at that price if he’s still under 10% owned come round 1.
I agree re: Kelly. Absolute star. Fills every single stat line too. Even when he tagged to all buggery can still get to the ton through tackles. If he could put 22 games together he could be a sneaky for the Brownlow. That’s the problem though. Can’t string enough games together. Although he’s super tempting considering this is his ‘best ever preseason’ according to some

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Coniglio news is a bit of a worry. Although also means he could be a forward in R6 ? What is the usual starting position percentage required to gain DPP ?
Means you could start with Coniglio and save by not having Whitfield at the beginning.
DPP addition eligibility is always a bit murky and seems to be mostly at the discretion of FanHub. Big name mids like Cogs usually need to playing forward for longer than the average joe to get it (ala Dusty’s role). In saying that if it’s a 60/40 mid/fwd split as Cameron said surely they’d have to give it to him.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Coniglio news is a bit of a worry. Although also means he could be a forward in R6 ? What is the usual starting position percentage required to gain DPP ?
Means you could start with Coniglio and save by not having Whitfield at the beginning.
I think it's at least 30 %

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
He was when he was3%
I've never really looked at % ownership as a sign of uniqueness, due to the volume of teams that either auto pick or don't have a clue.

Most coaches in the know would be aware of Brodie Smith even if he's not in their current side (he's not in mine atm, but on the radar). Someone like Tom Stewart on the other hand I would consider more of a unique POD selection (not on my radar), but he has a higher % of ownership than Smith at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back