Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Lycett firmly on my Marsh series watchlist

I feel this 'State of Origin' game night impact a little. We will only get to see alot of the stars one other time throughout. Not much info on them from just 1 game playing for their side.

I keep coming back to this as well. There is an argument that he is underpriced though due to a couple injury affected games.

One thing I will say though, just like Grundy last year, if you don’t start with him it’s going to be bloody hard bringing him in

Alot said the same about Macrae and plenty were able to bring him in

If he avgs 120 over the first 8 then it will be hard to get him

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Am I reading this right that Bailey Williams of West Coast is only available as a defender? He's never played defence in his life! Would have been the ideal 170k R3

I'd hazard a guess if that's the case then I feel they've mistake with the bulldogs name sake Bailey Williams

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I keep coming back to this as well. There is an argument that he is underpriced though due to a couple injury affected games.

One thing I will say though, just like Grundy last year, if you don’t start with him it’s going to be bloody hard bringing him in

yeh getting him in probably won't be feasible till byes if you don't start with him. But if you replace him in the aggregate I don't really see the issue.

Moneyball approach.

Don't forget the bloke needs to average 110+ to just hold his price. Imagine if he opens up with a sub 90 score in R1. People will be sweating watching those red dollar signs.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lycett firmly on my Marsh series watchlist

I feel this 'State of Origin' game night impact a little. We will only get to see alot of the stars one other time throughout. Not much info on them from just 1 game playing for their side.

Alot said the same about Macrae and plenty were able to bring him in

If he avgs 120 over the first 8 then it will be hard to get him
yeh getting him in probably won't be feasible till byes if you don't start with him. But if you replace him in the aggregate I don't really see the issue.

Moneyball approach.

Don't forget the bloke needs to average 110+ to just hold his price. Imagine if he opens up with a sub 90 score in R1. People will be sweating watching those red dollar signs.
First 6 opponents of the year for Whit;

Geelong - last years score 124
Demons - last years score 120
Bulldogs - last years average scores on them 123
Essendon - last years score 109
Sydney - last years score 115 (have omitted the 39 due to injury when he played with that massive corkie)
Gold Coast - last years average scores on them 96
Average of 114.5

Makes it a tough call. Great average to have in your team if he continues either way I suppose

Witts & ROB saves a lot of coin on Grundy & Gawn...and allows me to waste it elsewhere!
I reckon they'll both go ok, maybe even challenge for a top 2 spot.
2 laughing.jpg

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Witts & ROB saves a lot of coin on Grundy & Gawn...and allows me to waste it elsewhere!
I reckon they'll both go ok, maybe even challenge for a top 2 spot.
Will Frampton take ruck time off O'Brien, or is he purely a relief ruck?
I like ROB a lot, but I just think Gawn is so much more reliable. We've got one season to go off that suggests O'Brien is a gun with upside.
Gawn has gone 106-112 and played every game three of the past four years. He's worth the extra coin imo but it's close. I like Witts too and owned him last year, but I'm not sure the upside is there.

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will Frampton take ruck time off O'Brien, or is he purely a relief ruck?
I like ROB a lot, but I just think Gawn is so much more reliable. We've got one season to go off that suggests O'Brien is a gun with upside.
Gawn has gone 106-112 and played every game three of the past four years. He's worth the extra coin imo but it's close. I like Witts too and owned him last year, but I'm not sure the upside is there.
fair call... Frampton needs to get a game first - a lot will depend on how Nicks decides to run his ship... turnover, strong in the contest are the words he's used - should play into ROB's hands nicely...who was a contested animal last year.

I guess it all depends on how many rookies play in round 1... last year there was a heap of them... time will tell.

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Take out his injury affected scores and Whitfield averaged 122. One score under a hundred. The forwards suck. He starts half forward flank then runs wherever he wants. Don't think anyone should think too hard about this one.
Richmond put him to sleep in the GF for 50 and Brisbane kept him to 43 in the semi final... if the numbers are correct?
I reckon he might cop a bit of close attention this season.

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Richmond put him to sleep in the GF for 50 and Brisbane kept him to 43 in the semi final... if the numbers are correct?
I reckon he might cop a bit of close attention this season.
Fair call. Although I think he was injury affected in the GF. And Robertson is the perfect tagger to shadow him. He ran side by side with him all game and didn't care about getting a touch. I don't think there's many guys with that sort of tagging ability and running ability, or many teams that like to tag. But yeah maybe he gets some very sub par tagged scores next year. I still think he's worth it.

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair call. Although I think he was injury affected in the GF. And Robertson is the perfect tagger to shadow him. He ran side by side with him all game and didn't care about getting a touch. I don't think there's many guys with that sort of tagging ability and running ability, or many teams that like to tag. But yeah maybe he gets some very sub par tagged scores next year. I still think he's worth it.
It's shaping to be an interesting season... I'll find a way to * it up!

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's shaping to be an interesting season... I'll find a way to fu** it up!
I'll find several ways to. Season over by round 4 most likely!

What do people's forward lines look like currently?

I've got Whitfield, Dusty, Heeney, Bewley, Flanders, Bergmann. Who knows if that's any good.
Walters, Dawson, Brayshaw and Bailey Smith were considered.

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

I've got Whitfield, Dusty, Heeney, Bewley, Flanders, Bergmann. Who knows if that's any good.
J Steven, Dawson, Ebert, Ceglar, C Jones, Bergmann, .... E Smith, Rankine
is what i'm sitting on ATM. mostly roles pending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
J Steven, Dawson, Ebert, Ceglar, C Jones, Bergmann, .... E Smith, Rankine
is what i'm sitting on ATM. mostly roles pending.
I like the Dawson, Ebert and Jones picks. If they get good roles (hbf, midfield) then they should be really good. Steven and Ceglar I can't say I'm sold on.

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any interest for Sam Walsh?... Can he go 110 Av. this year? Amazing debut season.
Surely going to be a must have in years to come... I would really like to sneak him in to my side.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Any interest for Sam Walsh?... Can he go 110 Av. this year? Amazing debut season.
Surely going to be a must have in years to come... I would really like to sneak him in to my side.

Yeh i quite like him

Draft Doctors said something interesting that not many first year players that have had such high first year avgs have backed it up historically too well in year 2

I think Jaegar and Jelwood were the only ones to improve on such a big first year

Guys like D.Swallow, D.Rich, R.Palmer were some of the names mentioned that went backwards

Maybe it was a little bias now i think of it

I really liked Walsh. I think hes just a natural scorer. Will be more onball than wing and does it all very friendly fantasy game and playing alongside P.Cripps hes never getting tagged

Jaeger vs Sam Walsh vs T.Adams (Is a unique decision im considering) I might even try and fit in 2 and pick a 2nd over Brayshaw

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeh i quite like him

Draft Doctors said something interesting that not many first year players that have had such high first year avgs have backed it up historically too well in year 2

I think Jaegar and Jelwood were the only ones to improve on such a big first year

Guys like D.Swallow, D.Rich, R.Palmer were some of the names mentioned that went backwards

Maybe it was a little bias now i think of it

I really liked Walsh. I think hes just a natural scorer. Will be more onball than wing and does it all very friendly fantasy game and playing alongside P.Cripps hes never getting tagged

Jaeger vs Sam Walsh vs T.Adams (Is a unique decision im considering) I might even try and fit in 2 and pick a 2nd over Brayshaw
He's been a lot more durable over the last few years. Am liking him as well. Surely picks up a notch given Titch is back and the rise of Worp. Will see a lot less attention than he saw last year

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crows fans able to give some insight into Chayce Jones and his role this year? Will he see a lot more midfield time?

With the lack of decent forward rookies I’m liking the look of him for an extra 50k. Finished the year with a 97 from more mid time and could he ave 75 odd?
the rumours are he's midfield bound, and added weight while still maintaining leg speed... pre-season games should help with this one - and Nicks apparently wants pace in the mids. all sounds promising...

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Gresham played way more time on ball last season, I don't mind him

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Oh, Bailey Smith has fwd status...interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back