Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brander is a slight chance to take Masten's wing role at the Eagles. Marsh watch

Brander is a slight chance to take Masten's wing role at the Eagles. Marsh watch
I would love if this were to happen but I’ll be surprised still. Think with Kelly coming in, it’ll put a squeeze on our mids. Word is that snake has trimmed down 5kg and run some PB’s and may be in line for that given his tank. Goddamn I hope Brander gets some games though

Isn't Brander a KPP?

Surely Tim Kelly just replaced Masten in the mids and Gaff goes out more aswell as maybe Redden and Sheed aswell
He is a KPP but last year played large chunks in the WAFL on a wing. Has the tank and skill to play wing and due to our KPP depth its hard to see where he fits in. But I think you’re right, Gaff will play more outside with Kelly coming in. Eagles need to pump games into Brander though for fear of him leaving at seasons end if we don’t

Isn't Brander a KPP?

Surely Tim Kelly just replaced Masten in the mids and Gaff goes out more aswell as maybe Redden and Sheed aswell
Played as a tall winger in the WAFL. Yeah you're right. As I said, slight chance. I can't see hutch getting a game every week in that midfield. Barrass and Gov both injured atm so there could be a spot for Brander down back early regardless

Frampton a fat trap having seen majority of his SANFL games last year. Classic case of decent state league player but can't take the step up IMO

Rarely see any North Melb fans on this fantasy forum so not sure if I’ll get an answer to this but here goes. Wondering if anyone has any insights into how Shaw being coach will change the current lay of the land for north players. North have often been a bit of a wasteland in regards to fantasy selections. Rarely more than 1-2 relevant players in recent years. Will he play more kids or could the scoring be higher? I know Shaw is focusing more on the defensive side of the team according to the North board. Wondering how people think that’ll affect their fantasy scoring. Obviously not expecting anything of the Ross Lyon variety
Basically nobody knows yet what the game plan will be other than expecting it to be physical and contested. This will be fun to watch but won't help fantasy scores. North have a fairly even list from 12 to 30, so job security isn't great for value picks. The second practice match should give a good idea who is likely to get a game and what role they will play.
Ahern has lost weight and is training as a defender, presumably for a distributor type role which could score well.
Dumont is the most likely mid to benefit from a more defence based game plan and become a fantasy premo.
Bailey Scott is great value if he gets a game.
Of the rookies, if Mahony gets a game, he will score well as a high half forward. Walker ditto.
Otherwise, unless you want to bet on a TT, LDU or Jy Simpkin breakout season, I would look elsewhere.

Basically nobody knows yet what the game plan will be other than expecting it to be physical and contested. This will be fun to watch but won't help fantasy scores. North have a fairly even list from 12 to 30, so job security isn't great for value picks. The second practice match should give a good idea who is likely to get a game and what role they will play.
Ahern has lost weight and is training as a defender, presumably for a distributor type role which could score well.
Dumont is the most likely mid to benefit from a more defence based game plan and become a fantasy premo.
Bailey Scott is great value if he gets a game.
Of the rookies, if Mahony gets a game, he will score well as a high half forward. Walker ditto.
Otherwise, unless you want to bet on a TT, LDU or Jy Simpkin breakout season, I would look elsewhere.
Thanks for the response. Ahern as a defender could be excellent for draft purposes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rarely see any North Melb fans on this fantasy forum so not sure if I’ll get an answer to this but here goes. Wondering if anyone has any insights into how Shaw being coach will change the current lay of the land for north players. North have often been a bit of a wasteland in regards to fantasy selections. Rarely more than 1-2 relevant players in recent years. Will he play more kids or could the scoring be higher? I know Shaw is focusing more on the defensive side of the team according to the North board. Wondering how people think that’ll affect their fantasy scoring. Obviously not expecting anything of the Ross Lyon variety

If last season was anything to go by: LDU was given a substantial role change when Shaw took over from Scott. Seemed to move better, get more of the pill and had more opportunity until he was injured. I would imagine after the operation and another preseason under his belt -could be a belter.

My side I feel looks quite weak in areas when I pick just one of Grundy or Whitfield

My midfield definitely looks stronger maybe an area I need to drop a premium for a Grundy or Whitfield

With making a team I can't possibly see how people can afford both

My side I feel looks quite weak in areas when I pick just one of Grundy or Whitfield

My midfield definitely looks stronger maybe an area I need to drop a premium for a Grundy or Whitfield

With making a team I can't possibly see how people can afford both

yeah ive got both in my team at the moment, The forward line is the hardest to choose at this stage, so i think you can go cheaper in there to get the value picks and then be able to afford both Grundy and Whitfield.

My team is

Lloyd, Laird, Docherty, Young, Gould, Bianco
Macrae, Treloar, Merrett, Cogs, Titch, Rowell, Hibberd, Pickett
Grundy, English
Whitfield, DSmith, Brayshaw, CJones, Rankine, Flanders.

yeah ive got both in my team at the moment, The forward line is the hardest to choose at this stage, so i think you can go cheaper in there to get the value picks and then be able to afford both Grundy and Whitfield.

My team is

Lloyd, Laird, Docherty, Young, Gould, Bianco
Macrae, Treloar, Merrett, Cogs, Titch, Rowell, Hibberd, Pickett
Grundy, English
Whitfield, DSmith, Brayshaw, CJones, Rankine, Flanders.
Rolling with Angus Brayshaw? You crazy son of a bitch! ;)
I like that Bray selection. He was severely under-utilised under Ross and couldn't get any consistency. Think the new coach will get the best out of him

I like that Bray selection. He was severely under-utilised under Ross and couldn't get any consistency. Think the new coach will get the best out of him
I'm ready to be hurt again.
My bad, very hungover this morning and reading the wrong posts in wrong order.... all over the shop. Angus can * right off after last year

My bad, very hungover this morning and reading the wrong posts in wrong order.... all over the shop. Angus can fu** right off after last year

Though your sentiment is correct, the thing to remember is last year Brayshaw started at top dollar and disappointed us for an entire year.

This year he's priced at being a disappointment. So he's much more likely to atleast hold his own or justify his price point. He's bouncing in and out of my side at the moment.

He'll be in 80% of teams if he's in the guts racking up stats in the practise matches.

Last edited:
My bad, very hungover this morning and reading the wrong posts in wrong order.... all over the shop. Angus can fu** right off after last year
To be fair to myself, the only reason Angus is in there is because I was scrolling through for my last midfield spot with like 600k left and he was the first player that stood out. It's highly likely he'll turn into a Noah Anderson by round 1 so that I can sprinkle some cash around on slightly more expensive rookies.

Though your sentiment is correct, the thing to remember is last year Brayshaw started at top dollar and disappointed us for an entire year.

This year he's priced at being a disappointment. So he's much more likely to atleast hold his own or justify his price point. He's bouncing in and out of my side at the moment.

He'll be in 80% of teams if he's in the guts racking up stats in the practise matches.

And 80% of players will be cursing this by round 3.....

Depends how you look at things with Brayshaw. If you assume he is in the guts and will step up his scoring then he is value. But if you think his 2018 was the abnormality from his career then he's priced exactly how he should be.

The biggest problem I have with him, is the fact Dees have Viney and Oliver playing in the guts and there's very little chance they will play anywhere else. I understand Melbourne's recently required players means he should play less outside, but he seems to be the bloke that gets thrown around on the reg as he has been prone to that throughout his career. Oliver is about the only Melb mid that interests me. Would be a lock in my side if it weren't for his constant handballing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back