Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Forwards.

I really like Ziebell as a semi-unique option. He's a great player and can pump out massive scores. Although some games, he disappears and ends on a 40. Do any North fans think he's a good pick?

Also Parish - went 79 last year and 86 without his injury affected game. More midfield time could see him push a 90 average. Probably wouldn't start with him, but at this stage, he's invited to pre-season training.

Greenwood is another interesting one. He's a JLT (or whatever it's called) watch.
I doubt Ziebell spends more than 40% of his time in the middle.
If you want a North forward, Jy Simpkin is a much better option. He will start in the middle and spend more time there.

That's just weird. Second best at getting fantasy points maybe. Otherwise, he'd be lucky to be top five.
You may want rethink the lack of forwards thing too.
Id forgotten Cunnington - but who would be better than him as the inside mid than Cunnington or Higgins? (Honestly, I don't see many Roos games, but he always seems to play well v the Crows)

Id forgotten Cunnington - but who would be better than him as the inside mid than Cunnington or Higgins? (Honestly, I don't see many Roos games, but he always seems to play well v the Crows)
As a straight inside mid you are about right. As a general mid there are several ahead of him. Apart from his lack of speed, his main problem as a mid is his ball use. He tends to just bash it forward.

What do we think of Cal Ward?

Here are his 2018 figures. he has scored well v GC and Carlton, but struggled v higher teams.

However, at $538k (72), it's money for jam isn't it?
1579748824278.png

Here are his 2018 figures. he has scored well v GC and Carlton, but struggled v higher teams.

View attachment 810275

Would like to see a PS game from him but I think I'm picking him for the same reason I picked Brad Crouch last year. Thought they were 25 points underpriced

Almost a lock and throw the key for me

View attachment 810275
He is in my team atm. Very durable except for last year and stupidly underpriced.

GWS players will have a slow start due to playing in the GF but Ward took the year off so he should be well rested.

Backs = Houston, Doch, Birchall, Roberton & rookies

Mids = Dunkley, McCluggage, Ward, Brayshaw (maybe), Hanners & rookies

Rucks = Grundy & English

Forwards = Whitfield, Greenwood, Brayshaw, Steven, Smith & rookies

Mid-priced madness this year. The only line where that may change is the mids. If i drop Brayshaw to a rookie i may upgrade the others to 'true' guns.

Rucks = Grundy & English

Mid-priced madness this year. The only line where that may change is the mids. If i drop Brayshaw to a rookie i may upgrade the others to 'true' guns.
You'd have some good cash left over! You can upgrade to Max with it surely, I don't think English does too much

I don't mind Cal Ward, but I don't think I'll be starting him.

He could easily go 90-95 for the season, but not much higher than that imo. At least with Brad Crouch, I was quite sure he'd go 105+.

He could be a good stepping stone if you are tight for cash, though.

You'd have some good cash left over! You can upgrade to Max with it surely, I don't think English does too much
To be honest im not sure id have too much with my forwardline expenditure. English to Gawn or perhaps Birchall to a gun would be my first choice upgrades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucks = Grundy & English

Having a team full of so many midpricers never works. You're just giving yourself too many needed upgrades from the get go.

Having a team full of so many midpricers never works. You're just giving yourself too many needed upgrades from the get go.
What's the right # of mid pricers?

Doc, Robbo in defence, Hanners, Ward, Bray in mids and then Bray in attack.

Imagine starting them all

It worked well last year for some

Absolutely and good luck to anyone going with it again this year but personally it's burnt me time and time again. I'm determined to finally do a premo and rookie side this year just for the novelty of it.

.... but I can feel myself backsliding already.

bartmidmad.PNG

So we're back!

Have opened another thread, given that this was more of a thread for the off-season (thanks for doing it PAFC27, I was far too lazy). Now that it's fantasy 'pre-season', there'll be 287383902028 iterations of our teams posted, that will look nothing like the eventual settled line-up we decide on 30 seconds before Thursday night lockout :tearsofjoy:

Without further ado, here is the link to the thread and the opening of the forum of collective insanity:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back