Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for making this post! I generally do the same each year; I start a list of players to consider for the following season and make an 'ideal world' upgraded side (changes in DPP often stuffs things up a bit though!).

I also have a 'never again' list as I am sure we all do. Heeney is on top of my 2020 list! He killed me this year.

I try not to rage-trade and try not to trade at the last minute. Usually ends up working against me.

Keeping in mind blokes due back from injury and hoping for some discounts - Doc, Titch, Dev Smith, etc.

Cheers :)

I also have a 'never again' list as I am sure we all do. Heeney is on top of my 2020 list! He killed me this year
Just on Heeney, he's averaged 90 odd and been durable for three years now. Our forward stocks will likely be pillaged by champion data next year so I'm pretty sure I'll start with him again.

Just on Heeney, he's averaged 90 odd and been durable for three years now. Our forward stocks will likely be pillaged by champion data next year so I'm pretty sure I'll start with him again.
If we lose a lot of premo fwds as we suspect we will, I'll load up on rookies there til they give them back. :'(

Greene will likely be top priced fwd now.

Well it’s never too early to hit the drawing board for next year!

There’s a number of players I’ll be keeping a close look on over preseason, mainly docherty (as everyone will), Houston, S Hill, J Steven, Mitchell and wingard.

Few under priced players after injury and so forth who would hopefully bounce back. Assuming J Steven gets to the cats I see no reason he won’t bounce back and have a solid year if he is able to move forward from his personal issues.

Will be looking at something like this too start the year. Obviously no idea on rookies, but just thrown in a number of players priced between 200-270k to allow for them (assuming the prices aren’t too far off).

Assuming Whitfield may loose his Defender status but either way not making that mistake of not starting without him.

Def: J.Lloyd (107.10), D.Houston (80.30), S.Docherty (75.93), S.Hill (57.68), B.Stratton (37.30), T.Williamson (33.82) (J.McLennan (23.51), H.Jones (23.51))

Mid: J.Macrae (115.60), L.Whitfield (113.80), J.Dunkley (111.11), T.Mitchell (90.44), J.Steven (87.99), J.Atley (39.42), L.Stocker (38.42), J.Carter (29.25) (K.Pudney (23.51), E.Smith (23.51), N.McHenry (23.51))

Ruc: B.Grundy (122.10), R.O'Brien (95.50) (A.Bradtke (23.51))

Fwd: P.Dangerfield (107.50), T.Greene (98.40), C.Wingard (78.40), P.McCartin (34.85), J.Brander (29.25), S.McAdam (23.51) (M.King (23.51), I.Rankine (23.51))

Dylan Roberton given the all clear to make a 2020 return, albeit under close observation. I will be hopping on that discounted train!

If we lose a lot of premo fwds as we suspect we will, I'll load up on rookies there til they give them back. :'(

Whitfield will be the most expensive forward ;)

What stats do you take most seriously when considering and researching a player in your side?

Dylan Roberton given the all clear to make a 2020 return, albeit under close observation. I will be hopping on that discounted train!
Will be priced at roughly 44 is a lock
What stats do you take most seriously when considering and researching a player in your side?

Really for me with premiums it's about what they've done previously and whether I think they can get back to that level if role allows it

Role is really important

I also look for discounts with premiums. A top end premium 5-10% under expected value is worth gold

I really can't see my starting 8 mids being much different to this

Macrae
Titchell
Coniglio
T.Adams
A.Brayshaw (Melb)
C.Ward
M.Rowell
M Pickett

Will be priced at roughly 44 is a lock

Really for me with premiums it's about what they've done previously and whether I think they can get back to that level if role allows it

Role is really important

I also look for discounts with premiums. A top end premium 5-10% under expected value is worth gold

I really can't see my starting 8 mids being much different to this

Macrae
Titchell
Coniglio
T.Adams
A.Brayshaw (Melb)
C.Ward
M.Rowell
M Pickett
Bray😭😭😭
Ward has to be in doubt for round 1? Did his knee mid April. Will they inflate picketts price because he's playing tomorrow?

Bray😭😭😭
Ward has to be in doubt for round 1? Did his knee mid April. Will they inflate picketts price because he's playing tomorrow?

Obviously with the disclaimer that if theyre named round 1. I'd still think Ward will likely be gives him -3 weeks off a full 12 month recovery

And no Pickett will be basement price as he is right now unless a brand new rule is introduced

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously with the disclaimer that if theyre named round 1. I'd still think Ward will likely be gives him -3 weeks off a full 12 month recovery

And no Pickett will be basement price as he is right now unless a brand new rule is introduced
Yeah sorry my comment about ward was pretty stupid, I should have re worded it but i couldn't be stuffed 😂 hugh Greenwood as a full time mid at GC could be an interesting one

Yeah sorry my comment about ward was pretty stupid, I should have re worded it but i couldn't be stuffed 😂 hugh Greenwood as a full time mid at GC could be an interesting one

What I'm finding very interesting is the backline and how that's shaping up. Plenty of under priced guys but always a spot to have several rookies on field

Docherty
D.Roberton (Stk) are both locks if fit for round 1

Then I'm strongly eyeing off Under priced premiums like Laird, Sicily, Blakely, Witherden all could be keepers

No doubt that structure will change once rookies announce themself

Nick Haynes could be a great unique as well. Could be the Tom Stewart from 2019

What I'm finding very interesting is the backline and how that's shaping up. Plenty of under priced guys but always a spot to have several rookies on field

Docherty
D.Roberton (Stk) are both locks if fit for round 1

Then I'm strongly eyeing off Under priced premiums like Laird, Sicily, Blakely, Witherden all could be keepers

No doubt that structure will change once rookies announce themself

Nick Haynes could be a great unique as well. Could be the Tom Stewart from 2019
Witherdon without Hodge in the team could be a good shout. Definitely a JLT watch

Shaw, Haynes, Taranto -yep all GWS, were the top 3 AF rankings for the GF = Ridiculous ranking system

Well the ball was in the Giants backline the whole game...

I don’t think anyone has ever claimed highest Fantasy points to be a direct correlation to the best players on the ground.

Interested particularly from tigers fans, their thoughts on Jack Riewoldt for next year?

Obviously underpriced after an injury interrupted year on a couple occasions. Will he be back to a 75-80ave and therefor underpriced by 25odd points, or will Lynch negatively affect him and stay around the 65-70mark?

He’s had a number of decent years ave around the 80 mark but that was without Lynch. Big question if this years lower scoring was solely due to sharing the forward line, or were his injuries the only reason for his lower output fantasy wise

Ive had a crack at the DT live drawing board.

Inital thoughts, I really hope we get that third bench mid spot. Also if these prices are fairly accurate (which they normally are) we are once again going to have some decent value in underpriced premos again! Forwards are going to be tricky to select from the start as we dont have the range we did this year.

This is my first team. (any player under 300K rookie will be a 2020 Draftee).

DEF: Crisp (706K), Laird (700K), Docherty (549K), Stoker (277K), Carter (211K), Nutting (170K)

MID: Macrae (835K), Treloar (817K), Cogs (749K), Mitchell (653K), MCGrath (540K), Davies Uniake (384K), Dunkley (301K), Bennell (170K)

RUCK: Grundy (882K), Gawn (804K)

FWD: DMartin (702K), DSmith (701K), JMartin (603K), Cerra (439K), Cockatoo (248K) McAdam (170K)

Bench: all 170K players.

Forward Leaks Revealed

Whitfield to be the most selected player in fantasy?

Not much to choose from by way of premiums. Top 10 available forwards by way of last years averages are:
Whitfield
Greene
Dusty
Walters
Heeney
Ziebell
Lynch
Ablett
Cameropn
Macpherson

Yep looks like you were right. No Dunkley, Danger, Boak, Worpel, Billings, Marshall or Kelly as a forward.

Although Whitfield gets FWD status it seems - should be highest priced player next year. Slim pickings in the forward line though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back