Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my man Witts was such great value too! Was so good this season, i couldn't trade him out and ended up a keeper all season!
Agreed. Sauce and Nic Nat look very tempting although I can't remember a season where two premium/uber rucks failed to live up to expectations, or when mid price rucks provided excellent value. Think ROB last year was a once in a blue moon performance from a ruck in the lower price range.

Simply cannot start without Grundy for the simple reason that if (when) it backfires it'll be imposible to find the $500k needed to get up to a $1M player without tearing your whole team apart.

100% lock. R2 can be a value pick. Im thinking Jacobs or Lycett. Big Sauce probably just gets the edge on price but I suspect Lycett will have the higher ceiling.
Dont habe the exsct numbers but I reckon he averaged +15-20 per game without Ryder.

Simply cannot start without Grundy for the simple reason that if (when) it backfires it'll be imposible to find the $500k needed to get up to a $1M player without tearing your whole team apart.

100% lock. R2 can be a value pick. Im thinking Jacobs or Lycett. Big Sauce probably just gets the edge on price but I suspect Lycett will have the higher ceiling.
Dont habe the exsct numbers but I reckon he averaged +15-20 per game without Ryder.
That seems right to me. You can always find a way to lock in one or two uber premos in your starting squad - Grundy seems likely to be the safest and most consistent of the lot, which also means he'll probably be the hardest to pick up during the season.

R2 and maybe even R3 could be interesting value picks and cash cow slots.

Thinking will start something similar to this set up. Starting with strong premos in Lloyd, trealor, Grundy and Whitfield on each line and a few value picks to even it out. Feel this year is a real guns n rooks type feel.

Def: J.Lloyd (107.17), D.Houston (80.35), S.Docherty (75.90), D.Roberton (44.08), H.Young (34.78), W.Gould (29.66) (A.McPherson (22.92), J.McLennan (22.92))

Mid: A.Treloar (113.10), J.Dunkley (111.08), S.Coniglio (103.67), T.Kelly (96.93), T.Mitchell (90.46), M.Rowell (36.40), N.Anderson (36.13), M.Hibberd (26.56) (E.Smith (22.92), N.McHenry (22.92), M.Pickett (22.92))

Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), R.O'Brien (95.58) (D.Cameron (22.92))

Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), J.Ziebell (89.78), L.Franklin (70.50), S.Flanders (33.70), D.Williams (30.47), I.Rankine (22.92) (S.McAdam (22.92), M.King (22.92))

yep! going with a similar plan!

DEF: Crisp, Laird, Docherty, Young, Gould, 170K. (Ling, Goddard)
MID: Macrae, Treloar, Merrett, Cogs, Titch, Rowell, Mead, Pickett. (Hibberd, Bytel, McHenry)
RUCK: Grundy, Jacobs. (Cameron)
FWD: Whitfield, DSmith, Steven, Townsend, Cockatoo, Rankine. (McAdam, King)

Like im pretty happy with the team. Feel as if i won't change it up too much, but say that every year and ends up a bit different! haha, but pretty nailed on with the premos and the rookies would be the ones id change up.

Last edited:
Lloyd, Houli, Docherty, Robertson, Young, McLennon (170k, 170k)

Macrae, Treloar, Gaff, Coniglio, Mitchell, Rowell, Pickett, Hibberd (170k, 170k,170k)

Grundy, O'Brien (B. Williams)

Whitfield, Steven, Franklin, King, Rankine, Sturt (170k, 170k)

Dt live drawing board is open again for new members. Just need to make an account💪

I always end up with mid pricers, premium rookies, fallen 'value' picks and $0 left over. Next year I really want to stick to a premo/rookie model and start with some cash in the bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the chatter beginning on here.

Forward Leaks Revealed

Whitfield to be the most selected player in fantasy?

Not much to choose from by way of premiums. Top 10 available forwards by way of last years averages are:
Whitfield
Greene
Dusty
Walters
Heeney
Ziebell
Lynch
Ablett
Cameropn
Macpherson

Slim pickings indeed. But will force creativity!

I always end up with mid pricers, premium rookies, fallen 'value' picks and $0 left over. Next year I really want to stick to a premo/rookie model and start with some cash in the bank.

Ditto.
I start off with premo/rook strategy but then immediately start the swaps
"I could drop this premo down to 'mid pricer A' and then bump up this $170k rook to 'mid pricer B'.

Before you know it my team is shot.

Just having a tinker around, there is actually a few seriously tempting midpricer options available. I just turned Gaff and Treloar into Brayshaw and Ward which allowed me to turn a 170k forward rookie into Dustin Martin. Houston, Robertson, ward, brayshaw, fFranklin , docherty, wingard etc all tempting midpricers, but the midpricer strategy rarely works

Just having a tinker around, there is actually a few seriously tempting midpricer options available. I just turned Gaff and Treloar into Brayshaw and Ward which allowed me to turn a 170k forward rookie into Dustin Martin. Houston, Robertson, ward, brayshaw, fFranklin , docherty, wingard etc all tempting midpricers, but the midpricer strategy rarely works

Was actually going to say I dont overly like Gaff or Coniglio as premo options due to Kelly and Ward respectively.
I'd drop Gaff and Coniglio down to Brayshaw and Ward.

There's a negative stigma over 'mid pricers' but there really should be a separate category for players who've fallen into that mid pricer $$ range due to injury or recent form etc.

I wouldnt consider any of: Houston, Robertson, ward, brayshaw, Franklin , docherty, wingard as 'mid pricers'. Houston maybe. But certainly not the others.

I don't think Kelly will impact Gaff's numbers too much, as he predominantly plays outside mid. But it could impact his CBA attendances. I think Yeo/Shuey will be affected more than anyone.

I also really like Danger for this reason. His numbers pre-Kelly were much higher than now, and with Jenkins in the team I expect him to play more in the midfield.

Bargain priced at 107~ IMO.

I don't think Kelly will impact Gaff's numbers too much, as he predominantly plays outside mid. But it could impact his CBA attendances. I think Yeo/Shuey will be affected more than anyone.

I also really like Danger for this reason. His numbers pre-Kelly were much higher than now, and with Jenkins in the team I expect him to play more in the midfield.

Bargain priced at 107~ IMO.

There has to be some sort of spill on effect to every player in the midfield when you add another into to the mix. Whether that be directly or indirectly.

I think Kelly will certainly have some sort of impact to Gaffs numbers. There's an argument there that it might boost gaffs numbers with better inside service.

But personally I think Kellys playing nature as an attacking mid will drop Gaffs numbers (eg if Kelly's bursting forward and kicking inside 50, then Gaff is a lost link in the chain).

Agree with Danger. I'm looking at him as a POD. Not sure what he's priced at as I don't have access to the drawing board, but he'd be a lock to maintain his average of 107 and should only benefit from Kellys departure (I doubt Steven fills that void entirely especially early in the year).

I see him being 110-115 ave. Only risk being that Cats still rotate him forward to extend his career (I really hate this in modern football "He's a superstar so lets play him out of position"). But in that case he'll gain forward DPP status at some point and becomes a lock anyway.

There has to be some sort of spill on effect to every player in the midfield when you add another into to the mix. Whether that be directly or indirectly.

I think Kelly will certainly have some sort of impact to Gaffs numbers. There's an argument there that it might boost gaffs numbers with better inside service.

But personally I think Kellys playing nature as an attacking mid will drop Gaffs numbers (eg if Kelly's bursting forward and kicking inside 50, then Gaff is a lost link in the chain).

Agree with Danger. I'm looking at him as a POD. Not sure what he's priced at as I don't have access to the drawing board, but he'd be a lock to maintain his average of 107 and should only benefit from Kellys departure (I doubt Steven fills that void entirely especially early in the year).

I see him being 110-115 ave. Only risk being that Cats still rotate him forward to extend his career (I really hate this in modern football "He's a superstar so lets play him out of position"). But in that case he'll gain forward DPP status at some point and becomes a lock anyway.
Danger is priced at 800k. Not sure if hes consistent enough for me as a midfielder only. Fyfe is also a chance to get forward DPP this season IMO

Danger is priced at 800k. Not sure if hes consistent enough for me as a midfielder only. Fyfe is also a chance to get forward DPP this season IMO

hmmm well that explains why no ones picking Danger atm. Might be a bit steep at that price.

Can Freo afford to play Fyfe anywhere but the middle for 100% of the time? It'll be blind leading the blind otherwise!

How does titch impact wingard? Is there enough ball to go around for titch, jaeger, Worpel and wingard to all score well? Wingard is currently my F4

hmmm well that explains why no ones picking Danger atm. Might be a bit steep at that price.

Can Freo afford to play Fyfe anywhere but the middle for 100% of the time? It'll be blind leading the blind otherwise!
They'd have to put a lot of faith into Brayshaw, Cerra, Bewley etc. But after 16 operations including 4 shoulder reconstructions they might not have a choice but to spare his body some crash and bash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back