Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton

Jack Martin

Averaged 87.9 pre bye.
Averaged 90.9 in wins.
Averaged 83.4 across 3 seasons in a bottom team.
Shown ceiling of 120 and posted 3 tonnes total.

Patrick Cripps
Large differential between low scoring games and high hence 101.5 average.
Last 5 game average of 109.4.
Averaged 15.7 more points in home games.

Marc Murphy
Averaged 107 post bye including. 112.6 in last 5.

Nic Newman
Averaged 103.8 post bye.
40% of scoring was above 100.

Ed Curnow
Averaged 105 post bye.

Kade Simpson
Last 5 average of 101.2.

Carlton

Jack Martin

Averaged 87.9 pre bye.
Averaged 90.9 in wins.
Averaged 83.4 across 3 seasons in a bottom team.
Shown ceiling of 120 and posted 3 tonnes total.

Patrick Cripps
Large differential between low scoring games and high hence 101.5 average.
Last 5 game average of 109.4.
Averaged 15.7 more points in home games.

Marc Murphy
Averaged 107 post bye including. 112.6 in last 5.

Nic Newman
Averaged 103.8 post bye.
40% of scoring was above 100.

Ed Curnow
Averaged 105 post bye.

Kade Simpson
Last 5 average of 101.2.
For those carlton supporters, how does Doc impact Newman?

Hard to say without a MCS game. FlowersByIrene may have some insight
Trust the FBI to have insight.
With Newman bumping up his average he's possibly too expensive now, given that speculative role & resultant scoring. Once premo priced, I neeeeeeeed hundreds.

Really hanging out for the app/site to launch.
I haven't used the dtlive team build but have been screen shotting everything & building a side in my mind. There's some real talent in the 2-4yr players so it'll be fun trying to pick the ones that are ready to make a mark.

Ward (M5) and Andy Brayshaw (F4), or Coniglio (M4) and Chayce Jones (F4)

Trust the FBI to have insight.
With Newman bumping up his average he's possibly too expensive now, given that speculative role & resultant scoring. Once premo priced, I neeeeeeeed hundreds.

Really hanging out for the app/site to launch.
I haven't used the dtlive team build but have been screen shotting everything & building a side in my mind. There's some real talent in the 2-4yr players so it'll be fun trying to pick the ones that are ready to make a mark.
I've been happy with Lloyd/Laird combo in my structure so far. Wasn't keen on Lloyd myself but I've seen no love for him at his price this year and I just think if he can start this year as he did last year then it's a massive POD. 20+

I've been happy with Lloyd/Laird combo in my structure so far. Wasn't keen on Lloyd myself but I've seen no love for him at his price this year and I just think if he can start this year as he did last year then it's a massive POD. 20+
Lloyd is shaping up as a POD which is weird given how much of a gun he is. Should go 105ish again you’d think

I agree with this. Argument he was stiff to miss out on AA selection. Started the season so slowly (as did the Dogs) when he was being rotated forward. Went bonkers once he was pure mid. I see Bont as the one who is more a chance to go forward ahead of blokes like Dunks or Macrae to allow for younger guys to rotate. Preserves his body a bit too and he is the star of the show for them. TedDougChris what say you

I haven't been able to get a read on us yet, we previously used to shift Bont and Dunkley forward as it created an overhead mismatch for players of their size and speed. But we've now (staggeringly) got forward options. With Bruce joining Naughton and Schache - there will be less need for both of these guys to start forward.

With West and Weightman as small forwards, along with Dale, Lloyd and Dickson (for part of the year, I don't think he can play the full season) - I think the Dogs will play Bont and Dunkley more in the middle, to give us first use and let our better structured F50 a chance.

However - we do bat deep in the middle. Knowing Bevo, I think there will be some early stupidity while we try to figure it all out. Personally, I struggle to see how someone like Libba gets back - he's borderline 22 except for hardness and aggression - which we did miss in the final v GWS....

Sorry for the delayed reply, been a lot on.

I haven't been able to get a read on us yet, we previously used to shift Bont and Dunkley forward as it created an overhead mismatch for players of their size and speed. But we've now (staggeringly) got forward options. With Bruce joining Naughton and Schache - there will be less need for both of these guys to start forward.

With West and Weightman as small forwards, along with Dale, Lloyd and Dickson (for part of the year, I don't think he can play the full season) - I think the Dogs will play Bont and Dunkley more in the middle, to give us first use and let our better structured F50 a chance.

However - we do bat deep in the middle. Knowing Bevo, I think there will be some early stupidity while we try to figure it all out. Personally, I struggle to see how someone like Libba gets back - he's borderline 22 except for hardness and aggression - which we did miss in the final v GWS....

Sorry for the delayed reply, been a lot on.
No Libba potentially improves an already strong shout for Dunkley

Not many people talking about Ward. Super consistent over the last 7 seasons.
I think a fair few are worried about his post ACL output in a stacked GWS midfield unit. I can’t see him playing anywhere else in the GWS team outside of mids and he won’t get any attention whatsoever. Priced well. Lots of value in the mids though which could explain lack of love

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Sidebottom? Missed 1 game the past 3 years and is an underpriced premium but doesnt seem to get much love. Less Beams should help too.
I’m trying to look at more blokes that are as durable as this. Him and Gaff are high up in my calculations. Always know what you’re going to get with them. Safe as houses type guys. The question with them is the lack of upside though I guess which is why most wont start with them, but instead pick them up at their lowest points

Who is the most unique player in your team currently/in your thinking?

I've had Jarryd Lyons in my team on the drawing board for a month or so now. Averaged 115 after the bye, well entrenched in Brisbane's team now.... He'll be owned by me and a bunch of auto team pickers come round 1.
Rest of my team is vanilla

Who is the most unique player in your team currently/in your thinking?

I've had Jarryd Lyons in my team on the drawing board for a month or so now. Averaged 115 after the bye, well entrenched in Brisbane's team now.... He'll be owned by me and a bunch of auto team pickers come round 1.
Rest of my team is vanilla
Any worry of CEY affecting guys like him and Neale? I feel like I need a brissy mid but mild uncertainty there as I don’t know the Brissy team well enough to have an informed guess

For those carlton supporters, how does Doc impact Newman?
Newman is currently working throuhg a couple of niggles and has missed a couple of training sessions.

Docherty back, SPS training with the defenders, Tom Williamson fit and evergreen Kade Simpson there as always places Nic's position in the side at a tenuous spot.

Personally I think Newman is best 22 regardless of who is fit, but the competition has him out of a lot of Blues' supporter's best 22's/ We'll have to wait for the pre-season to truly see.

Either way, Docherty will be the rpeferred exit option out of the back half so Newman's participation in the switch may be reduced.

Newman is currently working throuhg a couple of niggles and has missed a couple of training sessions.

Docherty back, SPS training with the defenders, Tom Williamson fit and evergreen Kade Simpson there as always places Nic's position in the side at a tenuous spot.

Personally I think Newman is best 22 regardless of who is fit, but the competition has him out of a lot of Blues' supporter's best 22's/ We'll have to wait for the pre-season to truly see.

Either way, Docherty will be the rpeferred exit option out of the back half so Newman's participation in the switch may be reduced.
Where does Stocker fit in with those plans?

Any chance of a rough B22 prediction? I find Carlton a very interesting proposition this year

Where does Stocker fit in with those plans?

Any chance of a rough B22 prediction? I find Carlton a very interesting proposition this year
Stocker is stuck at the back of most distance trials so far and would need to do a bit to make the Round 1 side from here. We love his disposal and his intagibles though.

Rough best 22, well I can give you the concesus best 22 as voted by all Carlton fans on our big footy board. Adjusted for current injuries (adjustments marked in Bold)

FB: Plowman, Jones, Marchbank
HB: Docherty, Weitering, Simpson
R: Kreuzer, E.Curnow, Setterfield
C: Walsh, Cripps, Murphy
HF: Martin, McKay, Cuningham
FF: Betts, McGovern, Casboult
Int: Petrevski-Seton, J. Silvagni, Fisher, Newnes

Injured: Charlie Curnow

Not to be harsh to my fellow Blues supporters but I would swap Newnes out for Lochie O'Brien who is having a very good preseason.

Nic Newman, Kennedy, Michael Gibbons, Tom Williamson and Paddy Dow will all be in and around the squad with inevitable injuries.

What do people thnk:

Gawn + Laird + $48k
Grundy + Houston + $90k

I feel like option 1 gives me 2 keepers, but option 2 gives me another captain option

Any worry of CEY affecting guys like him and Neale? I feel like I need a brissy mid but mild uncertainty there as I don’t know the Brissy team well enough to have an informed guess
Well... My guess is that Neale will do his normal thing in the middle, McCluggage and Robinson should play wing. Zorko could push forward more- he's 31 soon and can easily play well forward. I think Lyons plays pure mid- he was way better there last year than when he was forward. Cey and Berry are probably the two who will need to be versatile and could get thrown around a bit- tagging, HFF, wing, on ball etc.
There's also a truck load of midfielders yet to debut in the reserves too. Hope that helps.
There could be value in one or two of them.

Stocker is stuck at the back of most distance trials so far and would need to do a bit to make the Round 1 side from here. We love his disposal and his intagibles though.

Rough best 22, well I can give you the concesus best 22 as voted by all Carlton fans on our big footy board. Adjusted for current injuries (adjustments marked in Bold)

FB: Plowman, Jones, Marchbank
HB: Docherty, Weitering, Simpson
R: Kreuzer, E.Curnow, Setterfield
C: Walsh, Cripps, Murphy
HF: Martin, McKay, Cuningham
FF: Betts, McGovern, Casboult
Int: Petrevski-Seton, J. Silvagni, Fisher, Newnes

Injured: Charlie Curnow

Not to be harsh to my fellow Blues supporters but I would swap Newnes out for Lochie O'Brien who is having a very good preseason.

Nic Newman, Kennedy, Michael Gibbons, Tom Williamson and Paddy Dow will all be in and around the squad with inevitable injuries.
Thanks legend. Appears Blues are batting a lot deeper this year or just have no injury concerns at the minute. Curnow is firmly on my radar though if he is playing midfield. Tackling machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back