Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks legend. Appears Blues are batting a lot deeper this year or just have no injury concerns at the minute. Curnow is firmly on my radar though if he is playing midfield. Tackling machine
Can't see Ed playing that forward role again. Betts and Martin immediate best 22 players, Cuningham is fit and should slot in there nicely too. It will be midfield or nothing for Ed and he is just too much of a workhorse to not be in the side. Is still the best runner at the club.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well... My guess is that Neale will do his normal thing in the middle, McCluggage and Robinson should play wing. Zorko could push forward more- he's 31 soon and can easily play well forward. I think Lyons plays pure mid- he was way better there last year than when he was forward. Cey and Berry are probably the two who will need to be versatile and could get thrown around a bit- tagging, HFF, wing, on ball etc.
There's also a truck load of midfielders yet to debut in the reserves too. Hope that helps.
There could be value in one or two of them.
I have been tempted to have CEY in my team in the past, but he is too unreliable and doesn't get enough of the ball or tackle enough if it's not an in close, tight game.

McCluggate however...VERY interesting! I don't know if I can pull the trigger on selecting him at this point. He's on the pre-season watch list for sure

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
@FlowersByIrene, how is Cripps tracking this PS?

He seems like a lock to me, priced at 100 I just can't see him having too many games worse off than this. Carlton's improvement can only be a good thing for him, perhaps resting forward a bit more for a few +12s?

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

He seems like a lock to me, priced at 100 I just can't see him having too many games worse off than this. Carlton's improvement can only be a good thing for him, perhaps resting forward a bit more for a few +12s?
You mean +18’s ;)

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Not a lot of interesting stats here - pretty much what you see is what you get with the Pies. A lot of consistent players.

Brodie Grundy
50% of 2019 scoring was above 120.

Adam Treloar
46% of 2019 scoring was above 120.

Steele Sidebottom
Averaged 102.7 post bye.

Jack Crisp
Averaged 13.3 more points post bye.

Taylor Adams
Averaged 105.6 post bye.

Collingwood
Not a lot of interesting stats here - pretty much what you see is what you get with the Pies. A lot of consistent players.

Jack Crisp
Averaged 13.3 more points post bye.

Everyone I played had him late in the season and I couldn't get him in. He will be in my team this year.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure if I made this up or am randomly remembering correctly, but I feel like Crisp is a notoriously slow starter and comes home with a bang every year
Crisp in 2019

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have been tempted to have CEY in my team in the past, but he is too unreliable and doesn't get enough of the ball or tackle enough if it's not an in close, tight game.

McCluggate however...VERY interesting! I don't know if I can pull the trigger on selecting him at this point. He's on the pre-season watch list for sure
With McCluggage, if he gets inside mid time, I think he'll go over 100 and be totally worth it. Crushing pre season.
If he stays on the wing though I think that limits his upside. He's Brisbane's best winger and they have plenty of inside mids. So I don't think it's quite worth it, but I could easily be wrong. An absolute gun player. Watch list.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
No idea but Gibbs may be enough to turn me off Laird... Thetrader15
Laird has a tough start to the year.

I'd wait for PS and see how these 2 are going but Laird will be a top 6 at year end, so it's a Q if you think you'll get him cheaper later on.

I'm not starting with him though

Edit: Laird did struggle last year when Mikera was at HB and and he was the go to. I think he misses a few of the +6s from the kickouts to the pocket with the new play on rule

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

Fit, no setbacks, has dropped a couple of kilos and is looking very smooth over the ground from the footage i've seen.

He's in my side.

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone else considering Darcy MacPherson? Had a great year averaging 87 with a ceiling of 122.
I feel he over achieved. Seemed a case of limited number of players on list capable or ready for AFL footy. Soon the serious talent will take on that work load.
That said, a mate auto completed some of his side and ended up with D.Mac all year. He was happy and admitted he'd never heard of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back