Preview 2020 Player Previews

Remove this Banner Ad

Doc, SPS, Willow, Newman, Newnes, Stocker, Cottrell, Ramsay, and not discounting Philp and Honey to get an audition. Think we have this one covered.

Doc hasn't played for 2 years
SPS only played a handful of games and might be need in the midfield.
Williamson same as doc and only had 1 good season.
Newnes is better on the wing than down back.
Newman was solid in 2019 and needs to back it up.
The rest are unknown.

Cripps is a superstar of the competition and a great leader but I don't think he'll win a brownlow until the rest of the team improves.

You do realize that the 2019 medallist played for freo right? They got 2 more wins than us last year .... finished 13th to our 16th ....

McKay showed what he can do in the early part of the season but dropped away. I'm excited to see what 2020 brings. With better kicks kicking into the forward 50 and his marking, I'm hoping McKay kicks over 40 goals in 2020.

He was playing injured and managed towards the back end of 2019.

Hope all is well with Harry . On crippa I remember his after burners through the midfield in a few games in 19. He dug deep for those first 30 meters .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll be at training tomorrow morning and will keep a close eye out for him. Will have a training report video uploaded tomorrow evening.

Cripps is a superstar of the competition and a great leader but I don't think he'll win a brownlow until the rest of the team improves.
Surely the opposite is the case. His best chance will be 2020, we will be pushing double figure win numbers. As the myriad of young stars mature, and the load is spread, he will not spend the mountain of time at the stoppages he has been.

I'm not saying Cripps can't win the brownlow this year. All I'm saying is players from the better teams win brownlow plus when Cripps has better players around him they will make him look like a better player. He might win the brownlow this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will win the Brownlow this year.
Take the double with M King winning the Rising Star....he's paying around $15 but if he can stay on the park, should bolt it in. I'd take him over any of the 2019 draftees in a heartbeat.....totally wasted talent at the Aints though.

For those interested in the chat:

This is brilliant. And it goes without saying, so are the player previews, commentary/podcasts and training footage you put up too Terry. I absolutely love seeing things like BF and the internet being used to build up the community of Carlton supporters like this. It's pretty awesome we have the ability to do it, and even better that some people put themselves out there to do so. Top shelf stuff.

terry has single-handedly changed the face of bf - probably for all time - I was worried early days he was struggling to get any traction here - who was this unmasked man filing stories from across the globe? it behooves us to support his efforts............behooves us...........

Last edited:
terry has single-handedly changed the face of bf - probably for all time - I was worried early days he was struggling to get any traction here - who was this unmasked man filing stories from across the globe? it behooves us to support his efforts............behooves us...........
But the question on everyone's lips is, 'Is t60 not too busy to be interviewee number 2?'

Spot on analysis Terry.

Unfortunately for MM, I see him as a 3rd or 4th tall, so missing Charlie and Harry early may hurt his output 1st half of the year. That could change if we play Levi and TDK in the key posts

Although, 1AW, did take time to find consistency, MM is a similar type

GREAT analysis again BAB :thumbsu::)

The one thing that Gov has plenty of is x-factor.....which is what makes him a dangerous opponent for the opposition.

'Problem' is, our whole forward line has x-factor about it.....Chuckles, Eddie, Martin....even H and JSOS have it. Can't wait to see them all out there at the G on a Saturday arvo....good luck to the opposition defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back