zepender

Debutant
May 22, 2019
Ladder Purgatory
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Bang on. He's the forgotten defender along with Docherty.

A lock for our starting backline. Will be interesting to see how he's used this season.

Was watching some of our games from last season the other week (I know - glutton for punishment). Marchbank REALLY stuck out to me as a marking presence in the Collingwood game. Took 9 really damaging marks - seemed like he was perfectly positioned inside 50 just about every time. I think that's probably close to his best, and would be a great ceiling for him to reach. I'll admit I've never seen him as a great wing player but I reckon as a marking presence in the backline, we could do much worse.

Underrated by far too many in the comp much less in our own ranks. Walk-up start week in and week out. Just a shame he's 30 now, wish we'd had this bloke a couple of years earlier in his career as well.

post adelaide delisting:

Curnow returned to Victoria, and signed up with Box Hill in the VFL in 2009.[5] Curnow's 2009 season was solid, but his 2010 season was exceptional, and he was consistently Box Hill's best player. His season was cut short when he broke his leg in Round 13, missing the Hawks' last eight games; nevertheless, he had already polled enough votes to win the Box Hill best and fairest (the Col Austen Trophy),[6] and he finished third in the J. J. Liston Trophy, after holding a comfortable lead at the time of his injury.[7] Curnow played a total of 33 senior games for Box Hill during his two years at the club,[8] and also played one representative game for the VFL.

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton

Is BSOS Jones replacement? Jones is 29 and has at least 3 years left. Which would put BSOS at 22 to 23 and probably at the right age to step up and become the full back of this century. He's 196cm but only 87kg so over the next couple of preseason needs to about 10kg to really have the size to shut down the big key forwards.

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Thanks to the guys at Blue abroad who have done an excellent job in reviewing our players and especially the new recruits. But having watched some of the Poms analytics corner on the other teams, it seems to me that there is a fair amount of talent coming from this draft. It may not have had the top 10 of last year, but it seems like the talent ran pretty deep. To think that we got Kemp where we did and then Philp, amazes me. And when Honey shows some good signs as a Rookie pick- it all adds up to a bumper year for draftees

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton

Gibbons got better as the season when on and I see him as a 18 to 25 player. So either just in our just out of the 22. If he's in the team come round 1 it'll be up to him to stay there. He's a bit of a blue collar player and I can see the comparisons to Ed because they both never give up. I'm excited to see how he develops with the team.

Back