Player Sponsorship 2020 Player Sponsor Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

After much deliberation I have decided to take Daniel Venables.

In a side jammed full of stars, he needs all the help he can get to break into the team and realise his massive potential.

After all, he is living proof that human cloning initiatives result in premature hair loss.

He remains the 4th-youngest Eagle ever to win a premiership and will be just 21 throughout all of next season. Who says the club doesn't have youth?

DanVenables.jpg

The club has a 100% win (3-0) record in finals when Venables is in the team.

Gee - I think a lot of people have forgotten just how good he is.

DJMac you're up.

It’d be nice if people can make their pick ASAP so we can keep this draft moving.

Related image

After much time (courtesy of Dylan) with pick number 3 I select Jeremy McGovern.

Not since Matt Priddis has there been such a great story of overcoming almost insurmountable challenges to become the legend that he is today.

From a childhood of despair:

4CA0C136-72A5-4EC6-ACDF-D07C3C58C5AF.jpeg

To being thrown a lifeline by being drafted at pick 44 in the rookie draft:

FB0C6652-7F7A-4A14-9133-53697736BA21.jpeg

A few years later and he was able to put on his All Australian Blazer with only a bit of help.

008F39D5-D1B0-4D71-A1FA-688738AA1D96.jpeg

And then the moment we all remember when he initiated “The Immaculate Chain” with a brave mark deep in defence to help win the 2018 GF.

C219EA57-1EB0-43DA-ADF4-B6012DCD8301.jpeg

Will miss some of pre season but I am expecting big things again this year from the number 1 defender in the game.

Over to you AsterixTheGaul

With pick number 4 in the 2020 Players Sponsor Draft, I select Jack “the Rock” Peterson (aka Jack Petruccelle).

1576648045788.png
What do we really know about Jack Petruccelle? His club profile is that he debuted against the purple turds in 2018, won a Rising Star nomination in 2019 and has kicked 23 goals in his 23 appearances. All rather superficial like the fact he wears number 21 (a lucky tarot number). I recall that U18 Carnival day at Subi, my mate (a Blues recruiter) told me to look out for this Jack guy because he is quick and raw and could be anything. So I kept an eye on that skinny 73 kg guy wearing number 14 who looked out of place in the back pocket. Fast forward and he ended up on our list.

When I dig a little deeper into Jack’s attributes and past, I realise that he and I have a few attributes in common.
  • we both have a basketball background and we all know what advantage that brings
  • we are both 185 cm or the old 6 ft 1 in
  • we both started playing seniors weighing 80 kg (my progression is still occurring)
  • we both started our football career with poor endurance
  • we both liked kicking goals rather than chasing midfielders
We also have a few differences
  • Jack recorded the fastest 20-metre sprint at the AFL Draft Combine with a time of 2.87 seconds while I saw myself as a position player which focused more on high marking and long kicking
  • Jack went to Marymede Catholic School while I went to the “college on the hill”
  • Jack played for Vic Metro while I was at Subiaco watching him tear up the wing (from the back pocket) in the U18 Carnival
  • Jack actually made it on a list
I believe West Coast List Management need some deeper input to help understand how best to use Jack. To do this, we need the benefit of his family history.

The name Petruccelle (variant Petrucelli) comes from the Middle Ages, where Italians adopted the patronymic system of surname creation. The surname Petrucelli comes the personal name Peter, which is itself derived from the Greek word "petrus" meaning "rock."

After further research, it was discovered that the Petruccelle name has its origins back to the powerful Medici family of Florence and the greater Tuscany area. So, his family were big on loyalty and delivering results. They were also ruthless and took no prisoners.

With that new knowledge, where should we play the solid, fiercely and loyal high performer?

The immediate and obvious response is in the senior team. But where?

With the absence of Rioli, there is a need for speed up front. With the absence of Masten, there is an opportunity for pace on the wing. Why not be both! I can see us using Jack in a different role in 2020 with him playing half forward who has speed and tackling pressure to burn off slow defenders and to be dedicated to keeping the ball inside our own 50m, chase, tackle and rag doll the likes of Saad, maintain his goal-a-game success as well as taking his turn as an outside midfielder.

All this talk about the Doggies or Carlton coming with a lucrative offer need to be pushed to one side. One look at the family crest of Jack Petruccelle and you know he was destined to be an Eagle.
1576648115723.png
Expect Jack “The Rock” Peterson to be in contention for the John Worsfold Medal in 2020. All he needed was the right sponsor.

OK Doughboy - you are up

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 7. Bailey Williams

download-4.jpg download-2.jpg

The skinny Dandenong Stingrays ruckman / forward that headed West just over a year ago.

Who impressed all at his first presser by admitting that he had no idea who Karl Langdon was.

images-2.jpg * Note looking West.... always a good sign.

Got stuck into training and life as an AFL player.

download.jpg

Enjoyed his first six months at the Club so much that he decided to re- sign.

download-3.jpg

Had a good first season with The Beagles and by seasons end had already overtaken Vardy in the pecking order.

Now looks like he has also put in the time and effort in the gym and has already bulked up nicely.

A month ago he was joined by a even skinnier new draftee, who will team up with him going forward to be a stellar ruck /forward combination for the next decade.

4CC3CA76-603A-490B-B5F5-4B506B1EC28C.jpg

With the aid of a dedicated and quality sponsor , he is about to overtake the Hickster to become Nic Nat's side kick in season 2020.

I was delighted in 2018 on Draft Day when Williams some how managed to slide to pick # 35 , I had a first round grade on him and I thought that we may well end up with the steal of the draft at pick 35.

download-6.jpg

Watch out for number 32 this season as he is about to announce himself as a AFL Rising Star.

Very pleased to be his 2020 sponsor.

JordanWCE

Last edited:
Pick 7. Bailey Williams

View attachment 795729 View attachment 795755

The skinny Dandenong Stingrays ruckman / forward that headed West just over a year ago.

Who impressed all at his first presser by admitting that he had no idea who Karl Langdon was.

View attachment 795730 * Note looking West.... always a good sign.

Got stuck into training and life as an AFL player.

View attachment 795731

Enjoyed his first six months at the Club so much that he decided to re- sign.

View attachment 795754

Had a good first season with The Beagles and by seasons end had already overtaken Vardy in the pecking order.

Now looks like he has also put in the time and effort in the gym and has already bulked up nicely.

A month ago he was joined by a even skinnier new draftee, who will team up with him going forward to be a stellar ruck /forward combination for the next decade.

View attachment 795739

With the aid of a dedicated and quality sponsor , he is about to overtake the Hickster to become Nic Nat's side kick in season 2020.

I was delighted in 2018 on Draft Day when Williams some how managed to slide to pick # 35 , I had a first round grade on him and I thought that we may well end up with the steal of the draft at pick 35.

View attachment 795756

Watch out for number 32 this season as he is about to announce himself as a AFL Rising Star.

Very pleased to be his 2020 sponsor.

JordanWCE
Good choice - I was tempted by Williams at 4 so you picked up my slider😜

I select 'the new hope' Mitch Skywalker O'Neill. giphy.gif
Originally from Tatooine (Tasmania), he has travelled far to finally become a become a jedi.
Master Yoda (Adam Simpson) has said the force is strong in this one...

Enough of the star wars references, Skywalker (sorry) has a point to prove after being effectively the last real pick in the draft especially when he was touted as a top 30 pick. He has real ability and if he has overcome his mcl injury I'm hoping he can have a big year as an outside midfielder in the Beagles. Proving any doubters wrong and showing why he was highly regarded youngster.

2020 objective: big year for the Beagles and being offered a 2 year contract at years end.

Just a reminder of our future elite midfielder:

I select 'the new hope' Mitch Skywalker O'Neill.View attachment 796102
Originally from Tatooine (Tasmania), he has travelled far to finally become a become a jedi.
Master Yoda (Adam Simpson) has said the force is strong in this one...

Enough of the star wars references, Skywalker (sorry) has a point to prove after being effectively the last real pick in the draft especially when he was touted as a top 30 pick. He has real ability and if he has overcome his mcl injury I'm hoping he can have a big year as an outside midfielder in the Beagles. Proving any doubters wrong and showing why he was highly regarded youngster.

2020 objective: big year for the Beagles and being offered a 2 year contract at years end.

Just a reminder of our future elite midfielder:

That's 2020 Sandover medalist Mitch O'Neill to us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back