Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Whitfield easily
Last year Whitfield finished with his highest ever average.
He also ended the year cheaper than his starting price of $542,100

Priced close to his max he's a lock for top 5 FWD but I'll get him cheaper later.

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
I have whitfield and doedee..... you have me thinking now..Is whitfield worthy of f1 with the ankle?

I ditched Whitfield a couple of weeks ago and haven't looked back. Too expensive for a FWD and too risky for a MID

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I'm considering a bold move after your comment about Whitfield's injury

I've had him locked in 50% of the time :drunk:

His scoring is awesome for a FWD but a lot of that was with no Ward, sometimes no Cogs, Kelly or Punchy either
His biggest scores were in rounds 2,3,4,9 and 23
No Kelly round 2. No Cogs round 9 or 23 and he only scored 52 in round 2.
No Ward for any of them obviously.
Priced at $604,100 thisd year. He was cheaper than that every round last year except two.

How much due you value a trade by not starting him and how cheap can you think you can get him?

1582191980486.png

EDIT:
I know clearances aren't worth points but
Last year he scored 3 or more clearances on 8 occasions
The year before only twice and that was from 6 more games

Last edited:

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've had him locked in 50% of the time :drunk:

His scoring is awesome for a FWD but a lot of that was with no Ward, sometimes no Cogs, Kelly or Punchy either
His biggest scores were in rounds 2,3,4,9 and 23
No Kelly round 2. No Cogs round 9 or 23 and he only scored 52 in round 2.
No Ward for any of them obviously.
Priced at $604,100 thisd year. He was cheaper than that every round last year except two.

How much due you value a trade by not starting him and how cheap can you think you can get him?

View attachment 826253

EDIT:
I know clearances aren't worth points but
Last year he scored 3 or more clearances on 8 occasions
The year before only twice and that was from 6 more games
Thankjs for the info- it raises some interesting questions. Its a given he will drop in price but how much? And as you pointed out, its also a given, barring injury, he will be a top 6 fwd and will need to be brought in. So how much is that trade worth? If i replace whitfield with a mid pricer and save $200k and use that money to upgrade yeo > fyfe and a 117 rookie to a 200k rookie for example then i might be gaining an extra 30 points net a game. Is that worth the trade?
I think if the mid pricer bcms a keeper then it is but thats a gamble...

If you asked this question in R23 of 2019 .....what would the answers be ? ....suggest PS games shouldn't change that view

The first one Bont wins out based on 2019 form, however the last one is a genuine 50/50 when you factor in both of their stark difference in durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back