Universal Love 2020 Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're literally the only one that's described anyone as a "bunch of snipers". And you can't claim the high ground on changing narratives if you seriously believe that Gawn has only been targeted twice in the last 12 months.
What do you mean by 'heat applied'? Port in rd 1 literally got half their side to snipe him - and the AFL came out afterwards IIRC and said that it was totally unacceptable. West Coast just went at him all day with two in form rucks and he was as tired as the rest of our list. They beat him fair and square, but it was miles away from Port. WCE were just tougher all round that day. You can't say those are the only two occasions Gawn was targeted. He is targeted every week in one way or another, but teams were told that sniping him behind play when his back was turned was not on. Besides, that was more of an issue for his gutless teammates that day who refused to stand up for him.

😆

Have edited the previous post just for you Gysberts2Bate since you're too lazy to read... You can lead a donkey to water but you'll have to drink for him as well

Tulip said that sniped him, yeah. And they did, it's an accurate use of the phrase. But he's not going off about them being cheats or acting like we have an ongoing victimisation problem. The AFL followed up on the incident saying that it was an unfair targeting of a single player which is literally the definition of sniping but you and Rude having a weird fetishisation for violent play and mischaracterising arguments on this thread as though anyone inc Tulip is claiming entire rest of the league are cheats isn't the same thing as the truth.

Have edited the previous post just for you Gysberts2Bate since you're too lazy to read... You can lead a donkey to water but you'll have to drink for him as well
All I see is Tulip saying that one team sniped him? Don't think he's even implying that Port are a bunch of snipers. Did we do anything comparable to an individual player last year that makes it hypocritical (esp given he recognises that WCE attempting to work him over in the prelim was fair)?

What the * is this argument even about? There's nothing wrong with targeting the oppositions best player and disrupting their game, like teams do to Gawn. The way Viney harassed Selwood in that final last year and Melksham drew the free kick from getting into him was probably the most enjoyable part of the season. Geelong then, and us all this year look weak as piss when the rest of the team does nothing about it

What the fu** is this argument even about? There's nothing wrong with targeting the oppositions best player and disrupting their game, like teams do to Gawn. The way Viney harassed Selwood in that final last year and Melksham drew the free kick from getting into him was probably the most enjoyable part of the season. Geelong then, and us all this year look weak as piss when the rest of the team does nothing about it
You have a weird fetishisation for violence

When Stratton was pinching Fantasia was all time - like watching an MMA match
One of those most sickening and viscious things seen on a sporting field in decades. Shades of Leigh Matthews

It's genuinely incredible that the definition of sniping has gone from knocking blokes unconscious to giving them a little shove in 20 years. Pretty soon blokes who tackle will be snipers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of those most sickening and viscious things seen on a sporting field in decades. Shades of Leigh Matthews

It's genuinely incredible that the definition of sniping has gone from knocking blokes unconscious to giving them a little shove in 20 years. Pretty soon blokes who tackle will be snipers
Stop changing the narrative.

Wasn't everyone lauding the article of Frank Adams last week and the most brutal hit in the game? Old mate Des had a fractured skull and never played again. This week, we're complaining about a 7ft 100kg bloke copping a few bumps off the ball. Spare me

Where did I retreat?

I'll leave you be, you've had a rough morning reading things, then backpedaling, then deleting posts, then changing the meaning of posts, the backpedaling some more.

I'll leave you be, you've had a rough morning reading things, then backpedaling, then deleting posts, then changing the meaning of posts, the backpedaling some more.
I'm not surprised that you want to leave because your assertions have been challenged and you haven't been able to respond to anything but if you want to play it off as a joke about me deleting one post because I quoted the wrong thing then feel free buddy.

I'm not surprised that you want to leave because your assertions have been challenged and you haven't been able to respond to anything but if you want to play it off as a joke about me deleting one post because I quoted the wrong thing then feel free buddy.
dee_mac gave you all the answers you need, I know you like repeating yourself but I feel once something has been explained perfectly fine i don't need to try and out do someone.... Do i need to quote his post for you again, or are you able to find it for yourself like a big boy would? 🙂

dee_mac gave you all the answers you need, I know you like repeating yourself but I feel once something has been explained perfectly fine i don't need to try and out do someone.... Do i need to quote his post for you again, or are you able to find it for yourself like a big boy would? 🙂
Nah I'll let you off the hook. Most of your posts in this thread have been about me, and I feel like I've taken up enough rent free residence in your head for one morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back