Universal Love 2020 Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5:

1. "Welcome to Melbourne, pick 2!"... Can't wait to get another genuine superstar to pin our hopes on for a decade!
2. There'll still be at least one team worse than us next year (hopefully!)
3. There'll still be at least one team we can say to next year: "lol your team is so s**t, you couldn't even beat Melbourne" (hopefully). I really hope it's Hawthorn again
4. We either make finals or sack Goodwin- one of those will be good, right?
5. Delisting potatoes is always fun! I hope JKH goes first!

Thought Tom Sparrow looked handy in his limited JLT and AFL opportunities this year, was one of the real shames that he got injured and didn't get to develop in the VFL. If he can force a Wagner or ANB out of the side permanently (unless ANB can become an actual small forward) next year and become a 20-22 player that's a win.

It will be better in 2020 as our coach has a new coaching "mentor" who brings with him a long history of success and is a culture setter, look at these numbers it fits perfectly with Goodwin...the synergies of failure are amazing!

Would be better if Richo could convince some players to come over from St Kilda with him. Goodwin’s legacy is getting Melksham to the club.

He brings David Armitage, Jack Steven and Dean Kent over with him. Armitage fits in like a comfortable old pair of slippers, being old and slow and a poor kick. Steven signs on for 5 years but doesn't play a game due to mental health issues. Kent's triumphant return is cut short by chronic hamstring injuries.

Hopefully Langdon, May, Hannan, AVB, Weideman, McDonald, Jetta play R1 fully fit, and Hibberd, Lewis, Stretch, ANB, Wagner, Preuss and JKH don’t. Petty, Amon and ~~~pick 3~~~ thereabouts. I won’t be upset if Jones doesn’t play and I won’t be surprised if Petty is a better prospect than Weideman come R1.

Would be better if Richo could convince some players to come over from St Kilda with him. Goodwin’s legacy is getting Melksham to the club.

Dean Kent looks a handy type.

Edit: RIP post...gotta be quick to beat Cannon to a punchline :(

It will be better in 2020 as our coach has a new coaching "mentor" who brings with him a long history of success and is a culture setter, look at these numbers it fits perfectly with Goodwin...the synergies of failure are amazing!
View attachment 735160
Such a stupid way to judge whether he can be a development coach

Neil Balme coached us to a 41-57 record, I'm assuming he hasn't gone on to achieve anything post that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We broke another record this week 🌈🌈🌈🌈

We had the biggest scoring drop off from 1 year to another in VFL/AFL history (33.5 points per game)

No surprises the drop off occurred the same year we spear Oscar McDonald from the side. He is a talismanic, generational key forward.

No surprises the drop off occurred the same year we spear Oscar McDonald from the side. He is a talismanic, generational key forward.
His enormous goal assist rate has dropped off, yes, but playing more selfishly has allowed him to increase his individual goal tally by 100%.

His enormous goal assist rate has dropped off, yes, but playing more selfishly has allowed him to increase his individual goal tally by 100%.

Math does not compute.

Such a stupid way to judge whether he can be a development coach

Neil Balme coached us to a 41-57 record, I'm assuming he hasn't gone on to achieve anything post that?
Balme didn't achieve anything as a coach...doesn't mean he isn't a good footy manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back