News 2020 Pre-season - New and Improved after Rd 1 with Rd2 in June. ***

Remove this Banner Ad

With our "youngsters" returning to the club for the start of pre-season training, thought it would be a good option to discuss all news, things & updates related to the pre-season

GEELONG
The preliminary finalists are still enjoying some time off, with players due return to the club for meetings and screenings on Monday before the start of training for first-to-fourth-year players on Tuesday. Trade acquisitions JACK STEVEN and JOSH JENKINS will return early with those younger players, along with injury-prone forward NAKIA COCKATOO who has played just two AFL games in two years. MITCH DUNCAN, who missed Geelong’s last two finals with a minor, but untimely, knee injury, will be another on the track before he needs to be. Duncan expects to miss a week in December with a baby on the way. The rest of the Cats’ senior players are expected back on December 2 for a two-and-a-half week block before the Christmas break. GARY ABLETT has been showing off his skateboarding skills on Instagram this week, while TOM HAWKINS enjoyed some time at the Spring Racing Carnival and MARK BLICAVS holidayed in the United States.

Definitely sounding more polished and comfortable in front of a camera than he did at the start of the season in post game interviews

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Want to see Steven join up with big personality Jenkins and Dangerfield this pre, he's a fantastic player when confident and happy.
Good on you Jack.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Has anyone trained the house down yet?
tenor[1].gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely this puts a bit of pressure on some of the youngsters who have returned for pre-season - here you go guys, how can you match up with Danger to start the pre-season

1574141815012.png

Article mentions both Brownless & Abbott as training with the club - especially with Abbott that makes me think that either other teams haven't approached him in regards to DFA signing or that he has indicated he's committed to the GFC for next year, even if it's as a rookie

1574141935275.png

I think its important for players to get their time away.
I get they are well paid to play a game.
I get they can always do more.
I want to win flags every year.

But with the pressure and scrutiny that the game brings now... a 5th year player not turning up for the 1-4 year training schedule is ok for mine.

But then when its go time... they must be ready.

Thats the trade off IMO.

GO Catters

Have to say Jack Steven has lost a few kgs

Was the that Jenkins hamming it up in fornt of Harry?

Thank you.. im here all week. :p:p:p

GO Catters

Have to say Jack Steven has lost a few kgs

Not sure I've seen it in any press release, but do we think the numbers on the training tops match their new numbers?

Steven - 11
Jenkins - 9

If I've missed something about the new numbers apologies

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Not sure I've seen it in any press release, but do we think the numbers on the training tops match their new numbers?

Steven - 11
Jenkins - 9

Haven't herd any official word, probably wait until we get the new kids from draft day...

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Surely this puts a bit of pressure on some of the youngsters who have returned for pre-season - here you go guys, how can you match up with Danger to start the pre-season

View attachment 781497

What a legend to come early to train with one of his best mates (Jenkins) and welcome him into the team.

Also, pinching myself that we have a seriously good match winning midfielder in Jacob Stevens in our team.

Steven - 11
Jenkins - 9

Could just be jumpers no one was using but i wouldn't say no to them taking up the single digits for the next 2 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back