News 2020 Pre-season - New and Improved after Rd 1 with Rd2 in June. ***

Remove this Banner Ad

What a legend to come early to train with one of his best mates (Jenkins) and welcome him into the team.

Also, pinching myself that we have a seriously good match winning midfielder in Jacob Stevens in our team.

Yesss....a seriously good player..

A lot of people saying don't get Steven he is to fat the weight is off before pre-season has started
I’d say a lot of the stuff floating around was designed by Geelong and St Kilda to make it palatable for fans for Stevens to be traded for a very average draft pick. The truth is he’s a great player and the Saints needed cap space.

from his return game last season:
0d0575c7f96ad5578998fb5bb6c7d1e7

704585-tlslargelandscape.jpg

jack-steven-of-the-cats-in-action-during-the-geelong-cats-training-picture-id1183282852

Good signs if it is him and he's able to at least be doing some running to start the pre-season
I remember reading that the nature of the elbow injury meant he could run almost straight away and they didn't expect big impact to fitness over preseason

I’d say a lot of the stuff floating around was designed by Geelong and St Kilda to make it palatable for fans for Stevens to be traded for a very average draft pick. The truth is he’s a great player and the Saints needed cap space.
We don't need the cap space, he was traded for other reasons. We'd have happily kept him, secondly, we're paying part of his salary still. That was done to get Geelong to make the deal happen.

We don't need the cap space, he was traded for other reasons. We'd have happily kept him, secondly, we're paying part of his salary still. That was done to get Geelong to make the deal happen.

Even though folks could say the Saints were ‘ethically’ obliged, it was a great favour to take potentially massive unders to make it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Clark that can be seen over the shoulders of Ratugolea & Danger?

Or am I confusing players

Has Fort put on a little bulk? If he can up his strength and fitness, he may be a lot closer to first 22 than many think. Of course, will get very limited chances with the depth of Jenkins, but a competitive season in VFL will help refine. Wouldn’t write off, particularly for late 2020 AFL season or 2021.

It's a sad time for me as I played footy with a body like steven had last year at saints......sad as no over weight players anymore the chubby player is gone forever lol

Has Fort put on a little bulk? If he can up his strength and fitness, he may be a lot closer to first 22 than many think. Of course, will get very limited chances with the depth of Jenkins, but a competitive season in VFL will help refine. Wouldn’t write off, particularly for late 2020 AFL season or 2021.
From that pic it kinda does. Hopefully that is the case, cause last season he was way too skinny to be of any use as a ruckman.

First announcement regarding a delayed start to pre-season

GEELONG captain Joel Selwood will have a delayed start to the pre-season following minor hamstring surgery.
Selwood, who turns 32 in May, underwent the procedure earlier this month.
The 295-game veteran was on a modified program last year and while that ultimately had little effect on his output come the start of the season, he will again be forced to train away from the bulk of the squad until at least the new year.
“My pre-season will be staggered again and I will be looking to join back in with the group in January,” Selwood said.
“I had a minor hamstring operation a couple of weeks ago so I will just make sure that I get that right and then go from there.
“So before Christmas I will be limited in what I do but I will be working behind the scenes.”

Didn't he carry hamstring tendonitis last season? And is this surgery to repair that?
I thought it was more knee issues, but maybe they are/were connected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back