News 2020 Pre-season - New and Improved after Rd 1 with Rd2 in June. ***

Remove this Banner Ad

On the AFL website it mentions potential draftees who’re training with each club this pre season.
Tanner Bruhn, Oliver Henry, Nick Stevens are the players training down at the cattery.
Is Oliver Henry Jacks brother?
Any info on the other 2 boys
Tanner is being mentioned as top 10 in various lists. Inside/outside mid. Might be an option at 11.

Maybe he's like Sampson and he gets his power/fitness/'injury free run' from his hair, and thus the longer his hair the more likely we'll see him out on the park this coming season

If that's the case, I hope he looks like this around September next year....

1575664540961.png

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Did anyone see the interview with Jordan Clark that the club put up on instagram yesterday? In it he said that he is still getting strength back in the elbow and isn't doing full contact work yet. If that is the case in December, why on earth did the club send him out to play a VFL game back in September? He was obviously far from fully fit. I just can't believe that the club would potentially jeopardise a young player's future by trying to rush them back into senior footy like that. It was ridiculous at the time and seems even more ridiculous now.

Reminds me of when Billie Smedts got rushed straight back in for that game against Sydney back in 2015 or so. He didn't look fit and I rememeber even he said himself that he was hoping for a couple of games in the VFL before coming into seniors. I love this club, but the mind boggles sometimes.

Did anyone see the interview with Jordan Clark that the club put up on instagram yesterday? In it he said that he is still getting strength back in the elbow and isn't doing full contact work yet. If that is the case in December, why on earth did the club send him out to play a VFL game back in September? He was obviously far from fully fit. I just can't believe that the club would potentially jeopardise a young player's future by trying to rush them back into senior footy like that. It was ridiculous at the time and seems even more ridiculous now.

Reminds me of when Billie Smedts got rushed straight back in for that game against Sydney back in 2015 or so. He didn't look fit and I rememeber even he said himself that he was hoping for a couple of games in the VFL before coming into seniors. I love this club, but the mind boggles sometimes.

I agree but we have a weakness in the wing spot i can see why they rolled the dice for finals but i wouldnt have. The player also has a say.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Despite what some on here would have you believe, Chris Scott very much wants to win finals and believes he can. He's not playing some long-term, list transition game. When he drops Stanley for a final, he really thinks it will win the game. He truly believes the team can win finals, even if some here don't think that's the case.

To that end, rushing Clark back would have been justified if it helped in finals, even if it had possible implications for him down the line. A flag trumps a young player's following season.

You just might be jumping at shadows.
When was his surgery?

They are all this years dates on there.

Doesn't explain the teams out of order, ie. Freo in Round 3 and Eagles in Round 6 instead of vice versa, Collingwood after the bye instead of Hawthorn, etc.

Someone else then posted this photo of the fixture they received which is correct. And yes on the same background as the incorrect one - curious about the incorrect one

9F749115-ECBE-4D4B-9AF1-26F2CEDB65C9.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess we can stop worrying about Jack Jack not being fit
:musicnotes:Be up in the gym working on my fitness:musicnotes:

ELFUd9CUYAAQpd_

Sorry for the long paragraph but maybe this also explains a few things:

Dr Robert Thompson, a psychologist and expert in visual perception at the University of York decided to tackle the theory once and for all with his study to determine if horizontal stripes make a person appear wider. Comparing 200 women, the findings confirmed what we already kind of knew. ‘We carried out a number of experiments both with squares and oblongs and pictures of women wearing horizontal and vertical stripes. Horizontal stripes don't make you look fat. The one wearing the vertical stripes looks wider than the one wearing the horizontal stripes. Horizontal stripes, if anything, make you look thinner.’

---
So basically, Jack really wasn't that heavy this past season it was just the St Kilda stripes that made him appear to be carrying a little extra - now that he's in our horizontal stripes, we are seeing the real Jack Steven

Does that sound good?

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
So I picked up on something in the H Taylor interview today.
He mentioned the players bought Henderson retirement presents... I wonder if it was the plan on the outside to say he his retire him, but essentially re-rookie him so list spots were made...

There were some interesting comments in both the Taylor and Tuohy articles.

I hope Tuohy doesn't get ticked off for wanting a premiership. The President might consider such ideas weird after all.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

Dr Robert Thompson, a psychologist and expert in visual perception at the University of York decided to tackle the theory once and for all with his study to determine if horizontal stripes make a person appear wider. Comparing 200 women, the findings confirmed what we already kind of knew. ‘We carried out a number of experiments both with squares and oblongs and pictures of women wearing horizontal and vertical stripes. Horizontal stripes don't make you look fat. The one wearing the vertical stripes looks wider than the one wearing the horizontal stripes. Horizontal stripes, if anything, make you look thinner.’

---
So basically, Jack really wasn't that heavy this past season it was just the St Kilda stripes that made him appear to be carrying a little extra - now that he's in our horizontal stripes, we are seeing the real Jack Steven

Does that sound good?
Sh** how heavy were motlop and hawkins in recent seasons then?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

---

Does that sound good?

did the stk strip make him feel fat as well?...

For mine he can look 1 K over , 10 Ks over from a theoretical best fit... not ideal im sure in our jumper if he looks hippy ..but at his age and experience he should know his body .......its more about PS performance ..he should stand out ..if he is sluggish then he has a problem ... we should only play him when he demands selection.. he should blitz in Ps ..he should show most of the others up ..if not ..im with Ling ..id rather put Cooper in and let him make a few barrel's

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
I dont have an issue with Tom Stewart not being Elite... but Suckling is.!!??

spare me.

Tom Stewart is a very very very good footballer... and id even accept an A grade defender.... but Boris and Scarlo were elite. I dont think he's there yet.
And the term Elite IMO is reserved for the best 5-10 players in the comp.... it get used way to liberally.

GO Catters

Suckling is not elite...meh we know that....BUT how in the * is Majak elite when he cant even get a regular game, ive seen more elite spuds in my supermarket freezer!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back