News 2020 Pre-season - New and Improved after Rd 1 with Rd2 in June. ***

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like our media/socials dept. Back to the medical team.
They did it with Hawkins and his back...was the back operation more of risk long term then time off ? Yes Tom came out of that unscathed in the end.
I had bad thoughts this would turn pear shaped w Kolo. Our bk 6 is going to be undermanned come r1. Let alone the rest of the guy's that are in the medical room.
No they won’t.
B: Henry, Blicavs, tuhoy
HB: Taylor, Henderson, Clark/Bews

The bolded players suck though. We'll need them replaced with better if we are to go all the way
An observation to assist in longevity.... perhaps adding more to a thought than "you suck" will assist in you seeing the end of the season.

Go Catters

The bolded players suck though. We'll need them replaced with better if we are to go all the way
Yep. All players highlighted should only be depth.

An observation to assist in longevity.... perhaps adding more to a thought than "you suck" will assist in you seeing the end of the season.

Go Catters
Yeah, not allowed to have a different opinion to the mods on this board. I'm sure it's written in the rules somewhere

Yep. All players highlighted should only be depth.

Yeah, not allowed to have a different opinion to the mods on this board. I'm sure it's written in the rules somewhere

Opinions of a different pov should be expected... and I dont think I have ever seen Daz discourage different opinions.

Imo , the point is to contribute , to have a discussion so different opinions on a board like this are needed. I do think though that we should strive to elevate beyond the most simplistic .. If someone has taken the time to join and post on this board why not be expansive. Id think most would have their own idea on footy , their own experiences , their own observations... They might be right or wrong or fall into the area of taste.. they may change others idea or change heir own.

Go Catters
Averaging 12 posts a day since joining,I doubt we will see many Stephen Hawking length replies,still he was pretty much on the money I too wouldn't mind seeing that trio replaced during the season,Kolo back one,Oconner,will play rd1 and Bews'y can be sold at times,Henderson and Touhy as backup is solid.

They're not awful players, and with Duncan's slow return from surgery Clark will 100% be on the wing more often than not. That backline should be good enough if the mids/fwds execute

Maybe I'm getting confused, but going back to the trade & drafting period, I'm pretty sure there was extensive discussion about how delisting Henderson was a mistake, he's a valuable player, suddenly we were going to be lacking defensive depth (though Taylor should have retired), and that Henderson could have a couple of years left etc

Then we reselect Henderson in the rookie draft which made people happy as he shouldn't have been gone in the first place.

But now he's nothing more than a depth player and we are in trouble if he's playing?

This place gets confusing at times as players values seem to fluctuate more than the stock market

Maybe I'm getting confused, but going back to the trade & drafting period, I'm pretty sure there was extensive discussion about how delisting Henderson was a mistake, he's a valuable player, suddenly we were going to be lacking defensive depth (though Taylor should have retired), and that Henderson could have a couple of years left etc

Then we reselect Henderson in the rookie draft which made people happy as he shouldn't have been gone in the first place.

But now he's nothing more than a depth player and we are in trouble if he's playing?

This place gets confusing at times as players values seem to fluctuate more than the stock market
I don't think that view was universal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Cats fans,

Long time scroller, first time poster.

It seems Nakia is back into full swing training and has completely overcome his soft tissue injuries and ready to impact? Although it appears he is flying at the moment, i just don't have a lot of faith that his body will hold up to the rigours of AFL week in week out.

That's he's no more than depth or he has a couple of years of value left?
I was happy we delisted him and I think we were lucky to rookie him.
So happy all round!
But I am very surprised noone else picked him up.
He has a lot of value left as long as he's not ever made to play forward, is not the main man in defence and doesn't have to play finals.
Maybe he really wanted to stay in the area? I dunno.

Hey Cats fans,

It seems Nakia is back into full swing training and has completely overcome his soft tissue injuries and ready to impact? Although it appears he is flying at the moment, i just don't have a lot of faith that his body will hold up to the rigours of AFL week in week out.
Noone does mate. And with good cause. Just gotta hope.

go back and watch Henderson’s games IN DEFENSE in 2019. He was actually very very good. Bews is bews - a good honest footballer he has pace, can shut down a dangerous small forward abs is quick. His decision making is what at times let’s him down, but he certainly doesn’t suck, and
Was in fact starting 18 in a side that won the minor PREMIERSHIP 4 months ago. And tuhoy had a year last year coming off injury and no preseason. Yet was still serviceable and got better as the year progressed.
These sweeping statements of “he sucks” are actually so shallow, uneducated and lack any real insight to the depth of reasons why players May have a lean patch of form. The reality is that they’re all mature bodies, experienced and will be in our starting 22 when the first game kicks off, given our injuries. I look forward to them proving you wrong.

The knees will have the last say on this one IMHO.

I agree - debuted the same weekend as Taylor and played 90 less games since. That's not down to only Taylor playing in a successful team versus Henderson's time at Brisbane & Carlton

When fit & firing, he's better than depth but not sure he's a lock in our best 22 of we have our full contingent of defenders available

What would you describe as heir deficiencies .. what type of abilities would you look for in better players..
my point exactly TC.

Anyone would think you've been a Mod or something lol

GO Catters

Averaging 12 posts a day since joining,I doubt we will see many Stephen Hawking length replies,still he was pretty much on the money I too wouldn't mind seeing that trio replaced during the season,Kolo back one,Oconner,will play rd1 and Bews'y can be sold at times,Henderson and Touhy as backup is solid.
not looking for Mensa replies... just some substance rather than suckstance from someone new to our board.

GO Catters

Hey Cats fans,

Welcome to the place!

Cockys last in game that took out his last VFL season was impact based getting fallen on from behind affecting his knee.

Whilst he has been brittle... he was doing ok prior to this. And given the low slow build up to this point, heres hoping that long slow base will yield good foundations going forward.

I have my concerns too.

GO Catters

I agree - debuted the same weekend as Taylor and played 90 less games since. That's not down to only Taylor playing in a successful team versus Henderson's time at Brisbane & Carlton

When fit & firing, he's better than depth but not sure he's a lock in our best 22 of we have our full contingent of defenders available
I'd like to see this bloke as the depth forward and back this season and hopefully succeed than preserver with Henderson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back