News 2020 Pre-season - New and Improved after Rd 1 with Rd2 in June. ***

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see this bloke as the depth forward and back this season and hopefully succeed than preserver with Henderson.

im big On Freddy getting a go....

The one caveat to the Jenkins addition.... that JJ gtfootw of Freddy and Sav.

Help them develop yes.. hinder their development no.

And if that means the JJ gets games as the better player short term.. im fine with that provided that Freddy and Sav improve their defeciences in the process.

Ill also give JJ some time to get into a groove with the team so 3 bad games aint enough to bury him.... but its close.

GO Catters

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA

And if that means the JJ gets games as the better player short term.. im fine with that provided that Freddy and Sav improve their defeciences in the process.

Ill also give JJ some time to get into a groove with the team so 3 bad games aint enough to bury him.... but its close.

GO Catters
We also have Rohan lurking for a game forward and with a lot of luck there's is cocky to come in,Freddy down back may have to be his pathway into the side.

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
GFC are trying hard to make sure the list is on the move. IMO.

In 3 years, could see our fowardline looking something like this:

Hf. Miers. Kreuger. Dahl
Ff. danger. Esava. Atkins/fog/nakia

This is possible but in an ideal world (which in footy only arrives every 18 years in a balanced AFL comp ) I would see it working like this . Your input very helpful.

HF Miers Esava Kreuger

FF. Taheny/Evans X Y

X = I can't see any one on our list holding this spot and kicking 50 ATM.
Y = There are a few the GFC have brought in. But kicking goals and defensive intensity are special talents. Tarca? Narkle? Atkins? Danger still running around?

It is fluid .... But interesting to think about. In the world of AFL I would love to see Schlensog Become X and Okunbor force Dangerfield to become Y . !!

Last edited:
Averaging 12 posts a day since joining,

Yes...a tactic sometimes used when creating an alias...based on the spurious belief that numbers offer some form of credibility and thereby creating an avenue to continue their trolling while protecting their original account.

Just saying....

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Averaging 12 posts a day since joining,I doubt we will see many Stephen Hawking length replies,still he was pretty much on the money I too wouldn't mind seeing that trio replaced during the season,Kolo back one,Oconner,will play rd1 and Bews'y can be sold at times,Henderson and Touhy as backup is solid.

Agreed.

Every year people are critical of our defense and every year they're one of the hardest to score against. Our defense is ok.

Nov 7, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Yes...a tactic sometimes used when creating an alias...based on the spurious belief that numbers offer some form of credibility and thereby creating an avenue to continue their trolling while protecting their original account.

Just saying....
I thought you blokes could pick up alias accounts,I too reckon it's a troll but the content could yet prove to be close to factual.

Nov 7, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Every year people are critical of our defense and every year they're one of the hardest to score against. Our defense is ok.
While it's supported by one of the hardest presses in the comp yes, but it buggers our forward movement to go into attack from the back line with all 18 behind the center,meaning it's slow sideways back would stuff while someone tries to get forward.

While it's supported by one of the hardest presses in the comp yes, but it buggers our forward movement to go into attack from the back line with all 18 behind the center,meaning it's slow sideways back would stuff while someone tries to get forward.
What do you suggest?

I wouldn't have thought it was a personnel issue but rather a tactical one as to the reason we move the ball too slowly at times. A directive even.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Let's look on the brightside, injuries to defenders means we might not play 11 defenders every week to fit them all in, how good is that!

Even better, our near All Australian fullback might actually have to play at fullback!

Nothing to worry about people, keep the good news coming.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The fact we are celebrating injuries to prevent the coaches idiotic tendencies just shows how ridiculous the situation is and how all the coaches should be gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Cos our defence is overly protected by the coaches making it incredibly difficult for the forwards.

We had the best defence in 2007-11 but they werent protected. Our risky ball movement made it extreme difficult for them. But we backed them in.

Danger2Selwood

Team Captain
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
The fact we are celebrating injuries to prevent the coaches idiotic tendencies just shows how ridiculous the situation is and how all the coaches should be gone.

I wouldn't say I was celebrating, just a bit of a pi55 take. All in good gest and never wish injury upon anyone.

Your point stands though, the coaching decisions have been beyond idiotic at times with fitting the defenders in, fits with the 'Boys club' concept that some have.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 7, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
What do you suggest?

I wouldn't have thought it was a personnel issue but rather a tactical one as to the reason we move the ball too slowly at times. A directive even.
Totally agree it's part of the Scott game plan,I don't know what you mean regarding the personnel issue you lost me there. :huh:
Edit get it now I confused personnel with personal,bloody Joe's education.

Last edited:

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
What do you suggest?

I think it's definitely a personnel issue.

In 07-11 we had Hunt as a quarterback, Scarlett and Mackie pushing forward, Enright chopping out and recycling and Wojak adding a bit of dash. All those guys were as good going forward as they were defending. It was only Harry/Harley/Lonergan who weren't. Now we've got Stewart as the quarterback, Stewart running out from defense, Stewart chopping out and recycling, and Stewart adding a bit of dash. Who else is there? Bews, Henry, Kolo, Blicavs, Taylor? None of them have an offensive side to their game. Touhy does but was unfit after an interrupted pre-season and having his first child. O'Connor was just learning in his second season.

I'm really hoping we drop Bews and play Clarke across half-back because although he's our only real winger, we are crying out for somebody to create off half-back.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

GO Catters
Has a touch of the Nathan Vardys about him.

Genuinely not sure if that is good or bad

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

In 07-11 we had Hunt as a quarterback, Scarlett and Mackie pushing forward, Enright chopping out and recycling and Wojak adding a bit of dash. All those guys were as good going forward as they were defending. It was only Harry/Harley/Lonergan who weren't. Now we've got Stewart as the quarterback, Stewart running out from defense, Stewart chopping out and recycling, and Stewart adding a bit of dash. Who else is there? Bews, Henry, Kolo, Blicavs, Taylor? None of them have an offensive side to their game. Touhy does but was unfit after an interrupted pre-season and having his first child. O'Connor was just learning in his second season.

I'm really hoping we drop Bews and play Clarke across half-back because although he's our only real winger, we are crying out for somebody to create off half-back.
Agreed we need better movement off half back. Big ask for Clarke in second season to be that player but he may get there.

Nov 7, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA

Great call on Clark I've been pushing that barrow too,it gets howled down a bit here when mentioned but that doesn't mean it would be the wrong move.

longtimecat

All Australian
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
[B="bulletproof, post: 64150662, member: 8274"]
I think Clark's huge running power and goal kicking ability means he will play wing. Agree we need an extra running half back but I think Clark will play further up the ground.
[/QUOTE]
how about we play players in their best positions, leave Clarke at H/B and give Kenerley a go in his natural position on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back