Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Cripps2Walsh

Debutant
Nov 15, 2019
NT
AFL Club
Carlton
I guess that depends on definition of ‘breakout’ but I’ll go with ‘moving from a VFL/Fringe AFL player to Regular agood Player’.

That being the case I will say Cunners. I think he occasionally forgets he’s playing football. He reminds me a lot of Koufa in the sense he has a lot of natural gifts (athletically, skills, hands) but little idea about the smarts of the game. It took them until Kouta was 27 before they realised the simplest thing was to keep it simple for him: play on ball and go get it.

That may very well be the case for David. Honourable mentions to Matt Kennedy (as a forward), Willo and LOB.

I've always been bullish on Cunners getting there. Our team is better with him in it too.

Appreciate the insight. Cheers.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for the info FBB.
I’d love to see him get some time in the AFL - see what he’s got. I love that the club is taking it slow with him and not throwing him to the wolves, but he needs to get some reward for effort soon.
It's looking like we as a club will be finally be at a level of professionalism - Russell's impact a full year in and Teague's modern day game plan and player development imo the two most important pieces for this list to go upwards.

Along with a super talented and better balanced list than we have ever previously had, headed by a flux of 5/4/3 year core players all beginning to show us their true potential.

Hopefully this will allow our draftees and other young players the opportunity to properly develop the right way through the Northern Blues without the pressure of fast tracking them before they are truely ready.

It's looking like we as a club will be finally be at a level of professionalism - Russell's impact a full year in and Teague's modern day game plan and player development imo the two most important pieces for this list to go upwards.

Along with a super talented and better balanced list than we have ever previously had, headed by a flux of 5/4/3 year core players all beginning to show us their true potential.

Hopefully this will allow our draftees and other young players the opportunity to properly develop the right way through the Northern Blues without the pressure of fast tracking them before they are truely ready.
:thumbsu:

BTW, my first post in months and noticed I'm the only one that hasn't got that "follow" thingy splashed through my av. Crap way to be told I post rubbish.:'(
don't feel too special - you can't see your own follow tab...........

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
BTW, my first post in months and noticed I'm the only one that hasn't got that "follow" thingy splashed through my av. Crap way to be told I post rubbish.:'(
From where i'm sitting you have. PS welcome back.

We weren’t sure how else to break the news

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Looks like there will be mostly indoor training sessions for the next few days at most Vic clubs,due to the thick smoke coming from the Bushfires.

Just a heads up to anyone who does go along to these training sessions, and whose reports are greatly appreciated.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Pretend I'm new here....can someone tell me who Heath Buck is?

An avid supporter with his own youtube channel.

Does a lot of training and match reports. Provides a really valuable, unbiased view on exactly how things are going and where players are at with their development. Stuff like that.

Search for him on youtube :)

Provides great content :)

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
An avid supporter with his own youtube channel.

Does a lot of training and match reports. Provides a really valuable, unbiased view on exactly how things are going and where players are at with their development. Stuff like that.

Search for him on youtube :)

Provides great content :)

Thanks to you both, will look

Back