Training 2020 Pre-Season Training - pics, reports etc

Red_man2008

Team Captain
Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Marchbank is best 22 every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Must get his body right, really important player for us.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
We can’t be playing Marchbank Plowman Jones and Weitering in the backline together. Way too slow. Which one misses out. Marchbank does. Every other player covers a role or is better at what Marchbank’s strengths are.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
We can’t be playing Marchbank Plowman Jones and Weitering in the backline together. Way too slow.
Of course we can. That’s 4 of our best starting back 6. If you think that makes us too slow, you need to watch closer.

With Doc and Samo, and then Simmo/Newman/Willo etc bringing it out we have enough pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aphrodite

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Bloody Ferris. You stealing my training thread has cost me 100 likes guaranteed.

If I don’t get that training post up to 100 likes I am never posting a training report again. And you’ll be to blame you dirty like thief.

Next time post in the Training Blog NO DISCUSSION thread first and then post in here.

Ferris is a likes whore. :p

CJMB

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We can’t be playing Marchbank Plowman Jones and Weitering in the backline together. Way too slow. Which one misses out. Marchbank does. Every other player covers a role or is better at what Marchbank’s strengths are.
So far 71% have voted him in the consensus 22 backline so it seems most disagree with you.

I’ve got Marchbank in my back 6+1 along with Weiters, Jones, Plow, Doc and SPS and Simmo. Seems like that is the popular choice too.

Eiffel 65

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Been a couple of comments on Matt Kennedy being in great shape and moving well.

Can anyone share a bit more info on him?

What should we be expecting? Has he gained a yard of pace and is he covering the ground a lot better?

This could be a massive win for us. Hopefully we start to see the best of what Matt Kennedy can do. Really like him as a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigBreakfast

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Bloody Ferris. You stealing my training thread has cost me 100 likes guaranteed.

If I don’t get that training post up to 100 likes I am never posting a training report again. And you’ll be to blame you dirty like thief.
Love your work Windows. In the future, I’d like an insight into the practical role that various coaches play in a training session? Does Teague dominate? What is Russell doing. You get the picture. Can’t get to Open training from Central Queensland coast.

windows1

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Been a couple of comments on Matt Kennedy being in great shape and moving well.

Can anyone share a bit more info on him?

What should we be expecting? Has he gained a yard of pace and is he covering the ground a lot better?

This could be a massive win for us. Hopefully we start to see the best of what Matt Kennedy can do. Really like him as a player.
Endurance wise he’s in good order. Although I think he was last year too. The key difference with him is that he seems 3kg lighter and a lot more agile. Doesn’t have that slow ‘running in sludge’ look about him.

I am really hoping he makes it very hard to hold him out of the half forward line. He can really ‘launch’ at the ball as a half forward and tackle hard. Can kick very well. I don’t want him playing midfield next year. I really want them to focus on forward craft. Explosiveness.

Didn’t see a lot of forward line play today so will look out for it in future sessions.

windows1

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Love your work Windows. In the future, I’d like an insight into the practical role that various coaches play in a training session? Does Teague dominate? What is Russell doing. You get the picture. Can’t get to Open training from Central Queensland coast.
Oh ok sure. No problem. Would you like some photos? Perhaps some interviews with the physio staff? Maybe an in depth one on one with Sam Walsh? A chat with Bono?

😜

BigBreakfast

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Oh ok sure. No problem. Would you like some photos? Perhaps some interviews with the physio staff? Maybe an in depth one on one with Sam Walsh? A chat with Bono?

😜
No need for sarcasm. Just a request for whose voices are most prominent. Having said that, insight into Bono would be great...

HBF

Flying Scotsman
Sep 24, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
100 percent. As with setters. Going to be VERY tough at selection now. Really tough. You REALLY want Cripps Setters and Walsh in there now. Yet what to do with Murph and Ed? One can rotate but then what? And if you 50/50 wing/middle them then it pushes the wing rotations around.

My bet is they haven’t got set ideas on that yet. Just a desire to get Setters and Walsh in the thick of it.
Murphy to a wing maybe.

ferrisb

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2011
The Naughty Corner
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting statistic from Andrew Russell in his time at Hawthorn. “Anytime we had more than 4 players do less than 60% of pre season we struggled, it was a important stat for us. Anytime we had 4 or less we finished 3rd or above”.
Not a fair comparison.

Think about the differences in the lists.

I mean, their three-peat squad is nothing on our current team... :p

Top Bottom