Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 787935
Did Willo accidentally start following Simmo's diet and weights program?

View attachment 787936
Not enough love for this photo...

View attachment 787937
We have installed the Carlton hovercraft tech into Jack Martin's shoes
Hopefully has a happier ending...

View attachment 787938
LOB accumulating another uncontested photo....

View attachment 787939
Has Josh Honey been wearing Eddie shorts for the last year?
Have his thighs ever seen sun? #WhiteHoney

View attachment 787940
Oh yeeeeeahhhh, Darcy Lang is on our list....
Huh?! Fancy that...

Did you say happy ending?

Willo fully involved. Probably unfairly left off my summary. He looks terrific. Running much better than this time last year. No holding back on him now. Will be pushing hard for a spot.

Dow I just barely bothered with because he was just Dow. Did s**t in the runs as per usual. Terrific hands below knees as per usual. Terrific burst as per usual. I never even saw him kick it on his right foot weirdly. Did a few blazes out of packs on his left and otherwise handballed. Looked small as per usual. I dunno. Wait and see I guess. He has some wonderful tools. May take a number of years to see him in full bloom. I’m pretty disappointed in his running. Was hoping to see the same type of lift in performance we saw from SPS and SOS last year but it hasn’t happened. Don’t really get it myself. If I was Dow I reckon I’d myself ragged in the off season. Maybe he has and it hasn’t translated.
Yeah disappointed to hear Dow hasn’t improved his running, conversely the same with Stocker really thought he would have really improved his running/endurance but apparently not, I hope they really get stuck in and do extra running until next year, thought with the massive improvement with Jack last year that these guys would step it up to try and get the same boost hope it is just a case of very early into the preseason for Dow and Stockman.

How did Philp and Ramses the great go Windows, how did they measure up size and fitness wise and how was there disposal?

KreuzDec2.jpg

Kreuze looks in seriously good nick. It would be huge if we could get him up and running at his best for the majority of the season.
Dat Kreeeeeeeeuz.

Career best conditioning. I saw it with my own eyes.

Big year coming up for Tractor.

Agree with this. It seems fixed that they want to give him the ball coming out of the back half.
I’m fine with Samo playing at halfback but would like to see him run a lot more and take a lot more damaging kicks into the corridor rather than the static run from last year and the short safe kicks, have you noticed any change in terms of that Windows?

Interesting statistic from Andrew Russell in his time at Hawthorn. “Anytime we had more than 4 players do less than 60% of pre season we struggled, it was a important stat for us. Anytime we had 4 or less we finished 3rd or above”.

Interesting statistic from Andrew Russell in his time at Hawthorn. “Anytime we had more than 4 players do less than 60% of pre season we struggled, it was a important stat for us. Anytime we had 4 or less we finished 3rd or above”.

I think we've already broken that barrier with Curnow, McKay, Marchbank and Kemp...

Although, we can discount Kemp since he was just drafted and we knew his situation.

How many players are we at?

I think we've already broken that barrier with Curnow, McKay, Marchbank and Kemp...

Although, we can discount Kemp since he was just drafted and we knew his situation.
I guess it remains to be seen how much McKay, Curnow, Marchbank and any others get done, do they get 65% of pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it remains to be seen how much McKay, Curnow, Marchbank and any others get done, do they get 65% of pre season.
Given Marchbank is currently training, albeit lightly, you'd think he'd do 65%. Curnow no chance, may start a bit of training by pre-season scratchies which would mean he'd do 5-10%, Kemp no chance, won't do full training until June. Who knows with Harry, could start training fully any time from now on.

Yeah disappointed to hear Dow hasn’t improved his running, conversely the same with Stocker really thought he would have really improved his running/endurance but apparently not, I hope they really get stuck in and do extra running until next year, thought with the massive improvement with Jack last year that these guys would step it up to try and get the same boost hope it is just a case of very early into the preseason for Dow and Stockman.

How did Philp and Ramses the great go Windows, how did they measure up size and fitness wise and how was there disposal?
Was Jacks 4th preseason. Difficult balance between putting on bulk and building a tank.

Marchbank is best 22 every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Must get his body right, really important player for us.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
We can’t be playing Marchbank Plowman Jones and Weitering in the backline together. Way too slow. Which one misses out. Marchbank does. Every other player covers a role or is better at what Marchbank’s strengths are.

We can’t be playing Marchbank Plowman Jones and Weitering in the backline together. Way too slow.

Of course we can. That’s 4 of our best starting back 6. If you think that makes us too slow, you need to watch closer.

With Doc and Samo, and then Simmo/Newman/Willo etc bringing it out we have enough pace.

Bloody Ferris. You stealing my training thread has cost me 100 likes guaranteed.

If I don’t get that training post up to 100 likes I am never posting a training report again. And you’ll be to blame you dirty like thief.

Next time post in the Training Blog NO DISCUSSION thread first and then post in here.

Ferris is a likes whore. :p

Is Simmo training as a defender this preseason?

Possibility of him playing on the wing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back