Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a big announcement to make. This could be it. May be the last training session this Friday I get to see this summer.

I know you’re thinking: How is Windows approaching it? Is he nervous? Is he a choker? Did Arrow putting him off last time make him lose his confidence for good?

Will he get writers block? Like will the guy freeze? Will anything come out when he sits down with his ******* latte afterwards and tries to make sense of it all?

Has the old man lost it?

In the words of the great Sam Walsh at the last training session (directed at Weitering for ******* up a kick to him):

Are you ******* SERIOUS?

I’m going to rip this f***er to shreds. Stay tuned bitches. Stay ******* tuned.

Yeah but get on with it campaignery

Thanks Aph. Does anyone else have issues with viewing the training galleries? The tops and bottoms of pics are sometimes cropped out. In todays, I can't see the heads of players in the first few pics (stopped viewing at that point as they are usually posted in here).

Thanks Aph. Does anyone else have issues with viewing the training galleries? The tops and bottoms of pics are sometimes cropped out. In todays, I can't see the heads of players in the first few pics (stopped viewing at that point as they are usually posted in here).
I didn’t have any issues. Try viewing directly from the blues website.

Yep.

Control + scroll to change the zoom in the window, should fix it. Bit s**t they don't have it optimised though.

I have a big announcement to make. This could be it. May be the last training session this Friday I get to see this summer.

I know you’re thinking: How is Windows approaching it? Is he nervous? Is he a choker? Did Arrow putting him off last time make him lose his confidence for good?

Will he get writers block? Like will the guy freeze? Will anything come out when he sits down with his ******* latte afterwards and tries to make sense of it all?

Has the old man lost it?

In the words of the great Sam Walsh at the last training session (directed at Weitering for ******* up a kick to him):

Are you ******* SERIOUS?

I’m going to rip this f***er to shreds. Stay tuned bitches. Stay ******* tuned.
You doing a training report or a State of the Union Address Windows, Arrow definitely got inside you’re head. 👍🏽🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a huge fan of reinventing the wheel, but there will always be players trialled in new roles for a variety of reasons.
Some of these may not be anything new, but given particular circumstances, I can see a reason to trial them accordingly -

Williamson on a wing -
Backline may be stacked and at this stage I favour Williamson to O'Brien.
Williamson and Walsh coming off the wings just feels ideal to me. I just don't like playing Setterfield too wide.

Cottrell with a run-with shut down role -
Maybe it's something we don't need nor care to utilise, but I see Cottrell as being a disciplined individual, that also has tricks to hurt you when moving into an offensive positions.

SPS and Stocker in the backline -
But not for too long. Can see both being used here, but feel they'll move into ball-winning positions in time.

Kennedy forward -
It's going to be tough for Matthew though. I just don't see how he's going to come into his own, in our main team, if injuries don't intervene.
Maybe I'm just a little too reserved after watching him closely early last year. I just didn't like what I saw.

Lang as a backline stopper -
OK, this will be with the Northern Blues, but that doesn't matter, as he's not a midfielder and nor is he an effective forward.
The best half of football I saw from him last year, was playing in the backline for a half against the Geelong VFL team.

Ben Silvagni into the forward line -
Again, this would be with the NB's and it's a hard position to make good in, but he'll learn plenty.
We're down a forward (Kerr) and have one less ruckman to feed into our NB's forward line. It would make sense to allow Goddard and Macreadie to occupy the premium backline posts and stack it with running smalls thereafter.

Have some ideas for a couple of the newbies, but just need to see a little more from them first.

Not a huge fan of reinventing the wheel, but there will always be players trialled in new roles for a variety of reasons.
Some of these may not be anything new, but given particular circumstances, I can see a reason to trial them accordingly -

Williamson on a wing -
Backline may be stacked and at this stage I favour Williamson to O'Brien.
Williamson and Walsh coming off the wings just feels ideal to me. I just don't like playing Setterfield too wide.

Cottrell with a run-with shut down role -
Maybe it's something we don't need nor care to utilise, but I see Cottrell as being a disciplined individual, that also has tricks to hurt you when moving into an offensive positions.

SPS and Stocker in the backline -
But not for too long. Can see both being used here, but feel they'll move into ball-winning positions in time.

Kennedy forward -
It's going to be tough for Matthew though. I just don't see how he's going to come into his own, in our main team, if injuries don't intervene.
Maybe I'm just a little too reserved after watching him closely early last year. I just didn't like what I saw.

Lang as a backline stopper -
OK, this will be with the Northern Blues, but that doesn't matter, as he's not a midfielder and nor is he an effective forward.
The best half of football I saw from him last year, was playing in the backline for a half against the Geelong VFL team.

Ben Silvagni into the forward line -
Again, this would be with the NB's and it's a hard position to make good in, but he'll learn plenty.
We're down a forward (Kerr) and have one less ruckman to feed into our NB's forward line. It would make sense to allow Goddard and Macreadie to occupy the premium backline posts and stack it with running smalls thereafter.

Have some ideas for a couple of the newbies, but just need to see a little more from them first.
They played BSOS forward occasionally last year in the VFL and yeah he went alright, also we have lost Jesse Palmer as well as Kerr so we will definitely have openings up forward, they will probably rotate TDK and Pittonet between the ruck and forward as well.

I think Kennedy will surprise a few this year now that he is well and truly over his ankle problems and they have trimmed him down a bit, let’s hope he can cover the ground a bit better and start to get more of the ball as his delivery by foot is really good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back