Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Roger Hayden saying to Mundy, "maccamk from BigFooty doesn't think you are best 22 any more..."

David-Mundy.JPG

How is it possible that the AFL site and its sub-sites keep getting worse? I feel like I'm looking at this on a magnifying glass, it is so zoomed in! Do they not realise that a standard laptop size for a student is 13inch, surely they can cater their website to work on both large and smaller monitors.

Oh and don’t get me started on the pissweak effort the godzillion dollar AFL put into the draft machine this year. Where the * were most of the videos you lazy ****wombles?

Also training.

Andrew Brayshaw and Brett Bewley have excited new Fremantle Dockers coach Justin Longmuir from day one
Mitchell Woodcock
The West Australian
Friday, 6 December 2019 11:51AM

Andrew Brayshaw has been a standout performer this pre-season.

Andrew Brayshaw has been a standout performer this pre-season. Credit: AFL Photos

Promising Fremantle midfielder Andrew Brayshaw could be set for a breakout season in 2020 after impressing new coach Justin Longmuir already this pre-season.
The number two pick in the 2017 draft, Brayshaw has been used sporadically through the midfield in his first 39 games for the Dockers and the 20-year-old is eyeing more time in the centre square this year.
Brayshaw ran second to second-year midfielder Brett Bewley in last month’s 2km time trial and Longmuir said he’d been impressed with the condition he was in on his return to training.
“Someone like Andy Brayshaw has really excited me, not only in what he has delivered on the track but he came back in peak condition and improved his fitness from day one,” Longmuir told 6PR on Thursday night.
“He has been really impressive.
“Brett Bewley, who I didn’t know a lot about when I got to the club, he has just been astonishing the way he has applied himself in the running and the skill work we have done.
“There have been 15 guys who have really impressed me, but they’re probably the two who stand out the most.”
One of the main focuses of Longmuir this pre-season was the Dockers’ skills, something he believes his coaching group has addressed early on.

Andrew Brayshaw has impressed Justin Longmuir in the new coach’s first pre-season.

Andrew Brayshaw has impressed Justin Longmuir in the new coach’s first pre-season. Credit: The West Australian

“Our first four to five weeks was heavily invested in our skill development and a little bit of game plan,” he said.
“But now we will switch into a bit more style of play and start to implement that side of the game.
“The skill development aspect is not something that I have tried to change, it is just a belief of mine that to develop players holistically you need to focus on their craft.
“It is our responsibility as coaches that we give them enough time to develop their individual skill.”
Longmuir also addressed concerns around injured defender Alex Pearce, who had surgery to strengthen his fractured left ankle, which ended his 2019 season in round 11.
“He had a little fracture in his ankle, which was well publicised and this is going to help it heal even quicker and better,” he said.
“Like I said to him, it is not so much about the start of the year for him, it is more about making sure we get him out there more consistently once he is out there. This will aid that.”
Longmuir said injury-prone forward Jesse Hogan was progressing well from navicular surgery and had completed goalkicking and leading work with the rest of the forwards.

edit - If they are going to start producing useful articles like this one, give them a click at least:

Andrew Brayshaw and Brett Bewley have excited new Fremantle Dockers coach Justin Longmuir from day one
Mitchell Woodcock
The West Australian
Friday, 6 December 2019 11:51AM

Andrew Brayshaw has been a standout performer this pre-season.

Andrew Brayshaw has been a standout performer this pre-season. Credit: AFL Photos

Promising Fremantle midfielder Andrew Brayshaw could be set for a breakout season in 2020 after impressing new coach Justin Longmuir already this pre-season.
The number two pick in the 2017 draft, Brayshaw has been used sporadically through the midfield in his first 39 games for the Dockers and the 20-year-old is eyeing more time in the centre square this year.
Brayshaw ran second to second-year midfielder Brett Bewley in last month’s 2km time trial and Longmuir said he’d been impressed with the condition he was in on his return to training.
“Someone like Andy Brayshaw has really excited me, not only in what he has delivered on the track but he came back in peak condition and improved his fitness from day one,” Longmuir told 6PR on Thursday night.
“He has been really impressive.
“Brett Bewley, who I didn’t know a lot about when I got to the club, he has just been astonishing the way he has applied himself in the running and the skill work we have done.
“There have been 15 guys who have really impressed me, but they’re probably the two who stand out the most.”
One of the main focuses of Longmuir this pre-season was the Dockers’ skills, something he believes his coaching group has addressed early on.

Andrew Brayshaw has impressed Justin Longmuir in the new coach’s first pre-season.

Andrew Brayshaw has impressed Justin Longmuir in the new coach’s first pre-season. Credit: The West Australian

“Our first four to five weeks was heavily invested in our skill development and a little bit of game plan,” he said.
“But now we will switch into a bit more style of play and start to implement that side of the game.
“The skill development aspect is not something that I have tried to change, it is just a belief of mine that to develop players holistically you need to focus on their craft.
“It is our responsibility as coaches that we give them enough time to develop their individual skill.”
Longmuir also addressed concerns around injured defender Alex Pearce, who had surgery to strengthen his fractured left ankle, which ended his 2019 season in round 11.
“He had a little fracture in his ankle, which was well publicised and this is going to help it heal even quicker and better,” he said.
“Like I said to him, it is not so much about the start of the year for him, it is more about making sure we get him out there more consistently once he is out there. This will aid that.”
Longmuir said injury-prone forward Jesse Hogan was progressing well from navicular surgery and had completed goalkicking and leading work with the rest of the forwards.

edit - If they are going to start producing useful articles like this one, give them a click at least:
And not one snide remark (or Hagdisms as I like to call them)

That article came off the back of the 6PR interview. He actually said 16 guys that have impressed him. Would so love to know who is on that list now :)

Sean Darcy?

Lay off Darcy, so-called experts in here should know that talls take longer esp. rucks. He's how old again? People these days always in a hurry.

Tend to agree and also perhaps the fact of overlooking the versatility of our ruck squad. Darcy is an anchored ruckman (excuse the pun) and a bloody good one who can control hit outs against most opposition with his bulk and positioning. Will no doubt get fitter close to season start I would think

Some games will require a different tag team and a more mobile ruck - Lobb- not sure it is wise to slim down a big boned body - a similar issue is in front of Sydney and Gould (at what point does the weight loss impact his game strength negatively).

Cam better do something this year....He's certainly off to a bad start..
How has he got off to a bad start?
I have been to two training sessions since the full squad has been back.
He has looked good.
Moved well and as usual his field kicking has been great.
No one has a clue how Jl will set up the forward line but if elite kicking is valued, Cam is right in the mix.

He has looked good.
No one has a clue how Jl will set up the forward line but if elite kicking is valued, Cam is right in the mix.

Ahh ok , sorry mate...i started reading the discussion late, just looked a couple of posts above saying he was 5 weeks late back to training, I thought if that is the case its not a good way to begin a year that he has to make a statement in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh ok , sorry mate...i started reading the discussion late, just looked a couple of posts above saying he was 5 weeks late back to training, I thought if that is the case its not a good way to begin a year that he has to make a statement in.
If he was 5 weeks late back to training, his contract would have been ripped up lol.

People were having a whinge he didn’t come back early and took his entire break, which he is entitled to.

People also think the club is pushing Darcy too hard based on the coaches telling him to work harder. They know him better than any of us and know how far they can push him.

They’ll both be fine.

If he was 5 weeks late back to training, his contract would have been ripped up lol.

People were having a whinge he didn’t come back early and took his entire break, which he is entitled to.

People also think the club is pushing Darcy too hard based on the coaches telling him to work harder. They know him better than any of us and know how far they can push him.

They’ll both be fine.
Player welfare fine or Stephen Hill, Jesse Hogan S & C program fine?

Yeah his last game in Round 12. 36 hit outs, 2 goals, 6 tackles, 6 marks, 20 disposals. Those are some impressive numbers for an up and coming ruck. I rate the guy a lot - and he has transformed his body and I'd assume his fitness as well. Darcy is also ultra talented - fitness is his only weakness imo.
Big fella looked pretty fit against Port earlier this year when he dominated the last quarter after coming up against Lycett and Ryder all day

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Big fella looked pretty fit against Port earlier this year when he dominated the last quarter after coming up against Lycett and Ryder all day

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He got smashed in a contest on the wing against Melbourne and had a lot of trouble working through that.

I don't have a problem with him training to lift his ceiling for operating under duress.

Here I was admiring the sarcasm of your original post.

Some are happy and content with what Cam has produced, and then some think he has done SFA since arriving at Freo and would of liked to of seen some hunger, in the way of him rocking up a few days early to training.

Ffr you have to be real careful what you say about Cam on this board (protected species)

I agree with you needs to make a statement this year, and he is out of contract as well. Hopefully fingers crossed he does

He has looked good.
Well.....after the formal part of the Annual Members' Meeting I queried Belly re his thoughts on our wingmen and he said "Cam McCarthy maybe for one'. Make of that what you will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back