Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

They had footage of the time trials on the channel nine news this evening... and bugger me Bewley was in dead-set "condom full of walnuts" territory with his conditioning. Given the way he runs, kicks and trains I reckon he's set for a bloody ripping season.

If you missed the footage see if you can catch a late night re-run. Seeing the players in that sort of condition will warm the cockles of your everything.

Cox is training in the position he was drafted for..... key defender

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Players are primarily drafted for potential, not position. Mundy, Fyfe and Walters classic examples of why you don’t lock players into “the position they were drafted for” thinking.

So how is he training?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One wonders how many other key backs finish in their clubs top 3 in the time trial.

The upside is massive with Logue. If he can partner all year with Hamling and a fit Pearce he will provide mismatch advantages on a range of opponents and help us dominate the back half. He can handle bigs and smalls and in between. I am hoping we see him push forward and add attack if Pearce and Hamling are in the team. Logue - Ryan - Wilson - Young and Pearce can all rebound at pace. The flow-on effect downfield and rest it should allow mids is a big piece of our future contending team.

If you refer to TBone’s very good training report from yesterday, see ‘cut & paste’ below: “Fyfe Is in excellent shape. Him, tabs, Darcy and Serong were all doing contested marking together, with Fyfe having no issues with his shoulder.

thanks Superkoops for keeping my sanity.... I don’t seem to have seen pics/ reports of Serong and not seeing him at the AFLPA first year.

Just confirming it was Serong not Acres in that drill?

I can't see why people would be worried about Serong already.

We haven't lost a Vic Country kid to another club in over ten years - I honestly cannot remember the last time it happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back