Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did anyone see the story Freo put up from training this morning of Darcy v Lobb? I’m amazed at how trim Darcy has become, almost indistinguishable (again) from last preseason when he seemed to have lost a lot of mass. I’m hoping his new physique will allow him to cover more ground, run out more games and hopefully get through a full season.

He’s looking like a rake.
Swapped bodies with Nic Nat?

1579098865144.jpeg

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Popped down for 30mins while enjoying a coffee from Mooba on my break.

Hodor is like the person on a Jenny Craig ad. has trimmed down heaps but the physique still isn’t as impressive as the change in body.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t know man. I feel like his run around ground might take a hit with the new bod.

700f3e7ca0ac3429b49dbd8e2202896a.jpg

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Someone also mentioned from the last training session before Xmas that Valente was announced as ready for full training with the response of a loud cheer but then trundled off to continue lap running. Was Valente in full training on Wed or still in rehab?

dardydoomp

Draftee
Nov 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
First time poster, long time reader and even longer training watcher.

I haven’t been able to watch them the last few years as I’m living in Vic. This thread has been my lifeline and I truly can’t thank you all enough for your reports and views.

I used to live near the freo oval and literally worked next door, watched a lot of training, even managed to incorporate it into some uni study. Really looking forward to moving back and seeing what’s different.

Meanwhile I’ve been living near the G and one of my co workers often has free Collingwood tickets, so I went and checked out there game plan a bit. Glad I did now that we have Jaylo. The way they lock things down behind the ball and then surge in waves would suit our players nicely.

And before you boot me for going to pies games I went to all the freo games and loved nothing better then to wear plain clothes and sit in the opposition cheer squad and literally listen to them cry, think beating Richmond by points after the siren , or when we flogged Carlton ( members literally burning memberships in tears).

Really excited about this new crop of kids and looking forward to seeing who breaks out.

I love 💕 you’se all and thanks again.

Bateman

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2005
Alfred Cove
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle United, East Perth
Valente is still working through issues with his core.
While some are rotten to the core Valente is just rotten in the core.
It’s expected that this will soon be corrected. Then we’ll have a really good player.

can we please get an update on Sturt as well, not much mention of him so far this pre- season.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
We're about half way through pre season now and i'm starting to get excited.
Hayden Young in particular was one i was super curious about and everything i have heard has me literally drooling, i cannot wait to see him in action!
What's something that is getting everyone else excited?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hayden Young in particular was one i was super curious about and everything i have heard has me literally drooling, i cannot wait to see him in action!
I’m with you. Hayden Young for sure. If there’s one thing M.J. used to illustrate regularly it’s that when a risky kick out of defence comes off it really does open up the field. He could be the key to getting our forward connection where it needs to be.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I’m with you. Hayden Young for sure. If there’s one thing M.J. used to illustrate regularly it’s that when a risky kick out of defence comes off it really does open up the field. He could be the key to getting our forward connection where it needs to be.
I’m excited about Serong. Neale was critical for us and one of the best in the league, but I look at Serong and see a potential upgrade. Better kick, better mark. Excited.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m excited about Serong. Neale was critical for us and one of the best in the league, but I look at Serong and see a potential upgrade. Better kick, better mark. Excited.
And he tackles, which was always the main knock on Neale. I like Serong a lot too. He seems a rare mix of mongrel and class.

maccamk

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
And he tackles, which was always the main knock on Neale. I like Serong a lot too. He seems a rare mix of mongrel and class.

Bit unfair on Neale. He had in game tackling competitions with Brayshaw and mostly won. I remember him recording big tackle numbers.

What Neale did lack was aggression.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
I was so surprised he made it through to us. Still can't believe it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back