Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Aish will be the sort of player that I read about here next season as not having enough of an impact, then a stat will be released showing that he is involved in half our scoring chains from the back half.
probably right. We already copped the lack of impact statement from a collinwood fan.

My only hesitation with him is that in his two obvious positions (half back, and wing) there are other options I prefer.

Aish is at the club because our coach wanted him. Confident he will be fine.
some people TTHD in January, others just perform in actual games as they are expected to. Watching Collingwood in recent years, is more talented and smarter with the ball than most of the foot soldiers we've had playing for us.

probably right. We already copped the lack of impact statement from a collinwood fan.

My only hesitation with him is that in his two obvious positions (half back, and wing) there are other options I prefer.

None of the fans of his old clubs liked him. This isn't a new phenomenon with Aish

some people TTHD in January, others just perform in actual games as they are expected to. Watching Collingwood in recent years, is more talented and smarter with the ball than most of the foot soldiers we've had playing for us.
Aish is easily AFL standard the last year (maybe 2). Saw him play several genuinely good games for the Pies. I was surprised too considering how spuddish he had looked early in his career.

Aish is easily AFL standard the last year (maybe 2). Saw him play several genuinely good games for the Pies. I was surprised too considering how spuddish he had looked early in his career.

I remember he had a very good game v Eagles when the Pies beat them at Optus last season, got absolutely crunched a couple of times but continually put his body on the line.

Not expecting him to ever be BOG for us but his skills and experience with JLOs game plan should mean he is best 22 for a few years.

If Aish is as good as Langdon I’ll be happy. We’re weren’t expecting Martin, Danger or the Kellys were we?
Although on Bigfooty perhaps we were.
Reckon Aish could end up reasonably similar to Mzungu. Nothing fancy, so people will say things like "doesn't stand out", when it reality, they're the unsung, underrated players.

Not expecting BOG games, or brownlow votes, but he'll play his role, put his body on the line and make our team better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're bottom 5 are arguably more important then your top 5 in a team sport of 22 on the field

As others have said, for a 3rd round pick, Aish doesnt need to be a superstar, just an experienced body who makes smart decisions and does his role

If Aish is as good as Langdon I’ll be happy. We’re weren’t expecting Martin, Danger or the Kellys were we?
Although on Bigfooty perhaps we were.
Ed got bashed (rightly) a lot for his kicking but the rest of his wing game is great. Not sure if Aish makes the same impact. Potentially we might think he does because he kicks it to the opposition less, but I think most coaches would take Ed.

Ed got bashed (rightly) a lot for his kicking but the rest of his wing game is great. Not sure if Aish makes the same impact. Potentially we might think he does because he kicks it to the opposition less, but I think most coaches would take Ed.

That was always my problem with Langdon. It doesn't matter how fast you run if you burn the ball when you get there. I'd rather have a winger who can hit targets. Nobody can run as fast as the ball in the air.

I think I speak for a few here when I see a player like Wish come to the club with nothing special to offer. It is indicative of similar trades in years past in a time that is new, fresh and exciting for the club.

But his experience and familiarity with JLo and the game plan will be valuable.

Reckon Aish could end up reasonably similar to Mzungu. Nothing fancy, so people will say things like "doesn't stand out", when it reality, they're the unsung, underrated players.

Not expecting BOG games, or brownlow votes, but he'll play his role, put his body on the line and make our team better

Gu is still one of my all time faves for his clutch first goal in our first GF, when everyone else had bottled it.

Skills day. Now Shauny Mac is back too.

Some pics in the link.

shauny mac is a great example of someone who improved their kicking from basically rubbish to almost above average. Something apparently Ross thought was a waste of time “can’t teach skills”.
If every player put in as much as him on skills we’d be laughing.

Aish is an upgrade to Langdon. Reckon a few Dees fans and forwards will be pulling their hair out come June 2020. He absolutely butchered it under no pressure going into 50m.

I wonder if Dees knew he was available whether they would still go Langdon over Aish?

On him not wanting to be here my view (zero source just “imo”), Pies we’re under cap pressure , Longmuir knew this asked Aish to join freo for three years. Keen to stay at Pies but Ned guy couldn’t guarantee cash or tenure and Aish walked. Reckon his significant other might have been a little upset considering he’s leaving his home state in the last 24hours of trade and was under contract.

From memory pies traded two 2nd rnd picks for him from Brisbane. Think we traded a 2nd and 4th for a 3rd back... ie packet of chips.

He’s a good egg just gotta get his missus happy, then he will start reaching his potential.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back