Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Bush_Chook

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor A Star Wars Fan
Oct 30, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Real happy to see a few of our boys follow David Goggins on social media. I hope his insane drive and no bs attitude motivates a few of the guys during preseason. We really need that scrappy, dog mentality back in the side.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have retired now so will get down there a bit this summer. Where is the nearest place to pick up a flat white and muffin?
Please don't do Dome - Halfbaked was clearly half baked when he posted that. But his Tony Ales call was spot on.

Go either The Electric Bean Co, Mooba or Coffee Sisters if you have taste buds and want a decent coffee.

edit - the ARC cafe sometimes has some great muffins but I've tried the coffee twice there and both times it has ended up in the bin (won't be expecting third time lucky).

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Real happy to see a few of our boys follow David Goggins on social media. I hope his insane drive and no bs attitude motivates a few of the guys during preseason. We really need that scrappy, dog mentality back in the side.

Hopefully they saw his effort this week from the MOAB... wanted to like this post x10

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
One of my favourite times of the year: I can't wait to see who gets the Training The House Down Award this off-season.

Now a reminder to the esteemed training reporters...don't be too positive. There are some who prefer the ol' compliment sandwich in their reports to keep a lid on things. :)

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
One of my favourite times of the year: I can't wait to see who gets the Training The House Down Award this off-season.

I can picture the trophy now. On a wooden block a single story weatherboard house with a player on top. The plaque reads "Training The House Down Champion"

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now a reminder to the esteemed training reporters...don't be too positive. There are some who prefer the ol' compliment sandwich in their reports to keep a lid on things. :)
I'm on it. I've already pre prepared this report precisely for that niche group...

Pre Season Training Day 1
---------------------------------

Looks like they've beefed up Walters to play more midfield over the off season, unfortunately the extra weight seems to have been mostly applied around his lower torso. Clearly a few too many goodbye drinks with Mr Hill.

Fyfe seems unmotivated, looks to have spent his holidays polishing his Brownlows and ordering UberEats. But his shoulders look ready to carry this team another season.

Signs are it is Mundy's last season as he has rocked up to his first training session riding a mobility scooter. Fremantle aren't confident the AFL will allow it on field :(

Stephen Hill has been pumping out the laps most of the pre season... on crutches.

News is Nathan Wilson's partner is due with their second child come round 1 so he should be well rested next season and get back to his best.

Luke Ryan has greatly improved his run but apparently at the expense of his elite kicking.

Joel Hamling appears to have had personal tutoring from Zac "Golden Fist" Dawson as he now refuses to intercept, focussed only on spoiling the ball at every opportunity, including short kicks from his teammates.

Alex Pearce is looking good... in the rehab group.

The coaches were really impressed by Darcy Tucker's work on the inside alongside Fyfe so they've thrown him to half back.

Jesse Hogan isn't wearing a moon boot but now everything except his head is surrounded by plaster. The S&C team said they weren't taking any chances of reinjury this pre-season. They've said they'll cut him out of it the a couple of days before the Rd 1 game. They looked pretty happy with their cleverness.

No-one was over the moon more with their 2019 performance more than Brandon Matera, so he treated himself to a pie... every day since the end of season.

Big Tabs looked switched on today. I mean literally it was like he was switched on from hibernating throughout the off season. Highlight: He took a mark.

Travis Colyer was there.

Rory Lobb chose to come to Freo for more opportunity to play as a key forward. So in match sims we had him lined up in the back pocket.

Sean Darcy has trimmed down... to only eating 4 hamburgers a day.

Everyone was pretty excited to catch up with new recruit Blake Acres. Unfortunately he went to Lathlain by accident and missed the session.

Connor Blakely was all smiles at training. Apparently he'd had a good weekend hooking up with one of his teammate's ex's.

No-one does cuddles better than Reece Conca. Apparently he maybe squeezed too hard and was in court defending an AVO by PB. Bell thinks the hard stance is what stakeholders would want.

Andrew Brayshaw can still run and tackle.

Everyone was inspired by Bailey Banfield's hard work trying to improve his disposal in recent months. It hasn't worked.

Brennan Cox has taken a step up since last pre-season. He was awake.

There was a massive cheer when a Jason Carter, sporting a bunch of new tattoos, walked through the doors at training. They thought Brad Hill was back.

James Aish rocked up sporting sleeves. Quite the nostalgic moment for JLo until he took it off in the change room revealing his arms were both attached only by strapping tape.

Guess who's still at half back. Yep, Adam Cerra. Yay!

S&C have panicked with the mass KPFs on the injury last season and have transformed Cam McCarthy into more of a KPF shape. So now he's slower, can't jump at all, and got the turning circle of a aircraft carrier on top of his other weaknesses.

Chris Masten made an appearance. We're assuming it was a joke :eyes:

A bunch of other guys ran around without showing much and all looking below average. Half of them will be best 22 come round 1.

Liam Henry made an appearance before the draft, streaking across the oval wearing Carlton socks, Melbourne shorts, a Hawthorn jersey and a North Melbourne cap.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Please don't do Dome - Halfbaked was clearly half baked when he posted that. But his Tony Ales call was spot on.

Go either The Electric Bean Co, Mooba or Coffee Sisters if you have taste buds and want a decent coffee.

edit - the ARC cafe sometimes has some great muffins but I've tried the coffee twice there and both times it has ended up in the bin (won't be expecting third time lucky).
Coffee at tony ales is very bad unfortunately

This thread is going to be heavily moderated, but mostly around interpersonal conflicts.

I propose a system whereby nobody engages with anyone else and all comments are formally addressed to me, such as:

Taylor, your inability to moderate an obviously fictitious and fraudulent training report above diminishes us all.

To which I can then either engage or ignore, but nobody gets in a fight.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm on it. I've already pre prepared this report precisely for that niche group...

Looks like they've beefed up Walters to play more midfield over the off season, unfortunately the extra weight seems to have been mostly applied around his lower torso. Clearly a few too many goodbye drinks with Mr Hill.

Fyfe seems unmotivated, looks to have spent his holidays polishing his Brownlows and ordering UberEats. But his shoulders look ready to carry this team another season.

Signs are it is Mundy's last season as he has rocked up to his first training session riding a mobility scooter. Fremantle aren't confident the AFL will allow it on field :(

Stephen Hill has been pumping out the laps most of the pre season... on crutches.

News is Nathan Wilson's partner is due with their second child come round 1 so he should be well rested next season and get back to his best.

Luke Ryan has greatly improved his run but apparently at the expense of his elite kicking.

Joel Hamling appears to have had personal tutoring from Zac "Golden Fist" Dawson as he now refuses to intercept, focussed only on spoiling the ball at every opportunity, including short kicks from his teammates.

The coaches were really impressed by Darcy Tucker's work on the inside alongside Fyfe so they've thrown him to half back.

Jesse Hogan isn't wearing a moon boot but now everything except his head is surrounded by plaster. The S&C team said they weren't taking any chances of reinjury this pre-season. They've said they'll cut him out of it the a couple of days before the Rd 1 game. They looked pretty happy with their cleverness.

No-one was over the moon more with their 2019 performance more than Brandon Matera, so he treated himself to a pie... every day since the end of season.

Big Tabs looked switched on today. I mean literally it was like he was switched on from hibernating throughout the off season. Highlight: He took a mark.

Travis Colyer was there.

Rory Lobb chose to come to Freo for more opportunity to play as a key forward. So in match sims we had him lined up in the back pocket.

Everyone was pretty excited to catch up with new recruit Blake Acres. Unfortunately he went to Lathlain by accident and missed the session.

Connor Blakely was all smiles at training. Apparently he'd had a good weekend hooking up with one of his teammate's ex's.

No-one does cuddles better than Reece Conca. Apparently he maybe squeezed too hard and was in court defending an AVO by PB. Bell thinks the hard stance is what stakeholders would want.

Everyone was inspired by Bailey Banfield's hard work trying to improve his disposal in recent months. It hasn't worked.

There was a massive cheer when a Jason Carter, sporting a bunch of new tattoos, walked through the doors at training. They thought Brad Hill was back.

James Aish rocked up sporting sleeves. Quite the nostalgic moment for JLo until he took it off in the change room revealing his arms were both attached only by strapping tape.

S&C have panicked with the mass KPFs on the injury last season and have transformed Cam McCarthy into more of a KPF shape. So now he's slower, can't jump at all, and got the turning circle of a aircraft carrier on top of his other weaknesses.

A bunch of other guys ran around without showing much and all looking below average. Half of them will be best 22 come round 1.

Liam Henry made an appearance before the draft, streaking across the oval wearing Carlton socks, Melbourne shorts, a Hawthorn jersey and a North Melbourne cap.

This is gold!!

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

Coffee at tony ales is very bad unfortunately
:) In my defense Joose never asked for good coffee. Actually I don't drink coffee (which by sound of it is obvious).
However I do know a bit about a good muffin and the cake.

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC

Travis Colyer was there.

Taylor your inability to moderate an obviously fictitious and fraudulent training report above diminishes us all.

Back