Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

How about Hogan? Too early?
You’ll get an idea from the JLT. But Hogan is clearly ahead of Pearce, Wilson & Mundy.

They will pick Rd 1 team from those who have the necessary conditioning in JLT#1 and #2. Remember there is essentially 2-weeks between JLT #2 and Rd 1 so with that additional conditioning expect all three to be available in the early rounds (ie Rounds 3-4). With their interrupted Pre-seasons I would give them (Pearce, Wilson & Mundy) all the time they need to condition and be cherry ripe.

I also see no reason why SHill can’t be available for Rd1.

You’ll get an idea from the JLT. But Hogan is clearly ahead of Pearce, Wilson & Mundy.

They will pick Rd 1 team from those who have the necessary conditioning in JLT#1 and #2. Remember there is essentially 2-weeks between JLT #2 and Rd 1 so with that additional conditioning expect all three to be available in the early rounds (ie Rounds 3-4). With their interrupted Pre-seasons I would give them (Pearce, Wilson & Mundy) all the time they need to condition and be cherry ripe.

I also see no reason why SHill can’t be available for Rd1.
Sounds like a dream having Hogan and other tall forwards available. Quite happy to have mature players being added as we go too.

Wilson I think we can cover with several half backs looking for opportunity, and Hill and Aish in for 2020. Young will be fast tracked, but maybe not round 1.

Mundy not available I hope is covered by Acres and Cerra being given more midfield responsibility, although it would have been ideal to have had Valente getting a few games last season too.

Pearce is super important to our defense and it was interesting to read Cox was played at fb in the most recent match sim. Not my preference. I like greater mobility and would be looking at Hughes or Duman for some games. Not ideal. I guess Cox allows Logue to be 3rd tall, which is good.

Anyone got any word on how Blakely has been going in training and match sim?

Seems to be plenty of chat about Mccarthy on the wing, the new recruits and the other usual suspects but haven't seen a thing about Blakely.

He's the interesting one for mine, could really do with a big lift from him and he's likely to have a much larger role this year.

Anyone got any word on how Blakely has been going in training and match sim?

Seems to be plenty of chat about Mccarthy on the wing, the new recruits and the other usual suspects but haven't seen a thing about Blakely.

He's the interesting one for mine, could really do with a big lift from him and he's likely to have a much larger role this year.

He’s a very good midfielder, always has been. Hopefully we’ll see him there from now

The Bakery does a lot right but his lack of two-way running or preparedness to even get in the ******* way when we lose out of stoppage has hurt us.
While games are not lost in single instants, his efforts in the Carlton game last season still haunt me.

Hunt the ball, sure, Bakery, but kill people. Win ball, use your hands, not your feet. Kill people.

Ross isn’t coach anymore so every chance we’ll have debuts early on.
Debuts by 1st year players before round 3 since 2017

Logue R3 2017
Brayshaw R1 2018
Banfield R1 2018
Cerra R2 2018
Crowden R2 2018
Lachie Schulz R1 2019

Plus 2-4 new players to the club each year. How many debuts should we have early on? What number does Longmuir have to debut to hold off the calls of play the kids.

Wilson and Pearce are at least a little doubtful for R1 so Young might come in as default and Switkowski has some unknown injury that's kept him from training in the last few sessions meaning a small forward role might be open for a Serong or Henry. That said, Round 1 is Longmuirs first ever coaching gig and our team is the 2nd youngest in the comp as it is so it wouldn't surprise me if we name as mature a team as possible. Plus you would assumed Acres and Aish are in the round 1 team given we traded for them to fill a role. Hopefully we at least don't go with super conservative JLT lineups again.
JL should be playing his best 22 as we only

Logue R3 2017
Brayshaw R1 2018
Banfield R1 2018
Cerra R2 2018
Crowden R2 2018
Lachie Schulz R1 2019

Plus 2-4 new players to the club each year. How many debuts should we have early on? What number does Longmuir have to debut to hold off the calls of play the kids.
Cerra would have been pick round 1 but he was recovering from injury.

Why do I get the feeling that it’s going to be a “start the car moment” with Frederick!
agree. you get a number of these guys who come in because they are super fast/can run all day, but often their disposal lets them down. Monaro's disposal has seemed pretty tidy to date, even off a hard run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan should be given 100% regardless round 1. But he has have a lengthy break so about fair for his rehab?
Our defence is going to be a problem ala Hamling/Logue have to shoulder the load again post Pearce injury as in 2019.
Even if Cox plays as a CHB interceptor, that would be beneficial for the team. He can mark and kick. Tobe Watson is another good prospect. Lack of defensive talls could be an issue early. Lots of reshuffling and having types like Hughes in and out

The Bakery does a lot right but his lack of two-way running or preparedness to even get in the ******* way when we lose out of stoppage has hurt us.
While games are not lost in single instants, his efforts in the Carlton game last season still haunt me.

Hunt the ball, sure, Bakery, but kill people. Win ball, use your hands, not your feet. Kill people.

I'm hopeful that his 2019 season was reflective of a lack of pre-season and general fitness coming back from his hamstring injury that didn't see him play for the first few months of the season. Knee injury in 18, then hammie in 19 meant close to 12 months out of footy.

Logue R3 2017
Brayshaw R1 2018
Banfield R1 2018
Cerra R2 2018
Crowden R2 2018
Lachie Schulz R1 2019

And some of them were given many more chances than experienced players

I'm hopeful that his 2019 season was reflective of a lack of pre-season and general fitness coming back from his hamstring injury that didn't see him play for the first few months of the season. Knee injury in 18, then hammie in 19 meant close to 12 months out of footy.
I really rate the bloke. Be super helpful if he is past his injury setbacks and could settle as part of one our routine midfield rotations. He really does know how to get the pill.

Because when the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets and JLO will steer his stars.

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back